Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, everyone. I'm here to walk to you about depression. Actually, more about the people who "think" they are depressed. I am proabably going to get so much flaming for this but people, Face it...Depression is not a disease. It is a mind condition, the same way obsessive compulsive disorder is a mind condition. But the thing that ticks me off the most are the people who are "depressed" without any reason for it. People with roofs over their heads, clothing, food, etc. People who grope and whine about how they're life sucks because their mom won't get them the latest edition on an I-pod (Yes, there is a person who does that at my school.)

I will sympathize with you about being depressed when your living in a cardboard box eating beans from a can. Until then, look at the positive things in life. At least you gave a home, education, food, the works. And if one of you come in here and give me some stupid crap about how depression is a real disease without a good reason, then here's my advice. It's life, having shitty things happen to you is life, if you don't like it..stop living, it's as simple and as blunt as that. Before I post the topics to dicuss..I would like to apologize for any and all spelling errors on my part.

Topics to discuss
-Are you depressed?
-You're opinion on this subject
-Do you really have to flame me for speaking my thoughts?
-Is the glass half empty....or half full?
Life is s**t.
It's pointless really.
That's why I drink 'til it matters.
:0
And your good reason for this is?
I'm not stupid enough to cut myself if I get sad :/
Cio Teh Doom
I'm not stupid enough to cut myself if I get sad :/

Yay! Sane people.
depression sucks. :[

but the glass is half full!
Super Goa
depression sucks. :[

but the glass is half full!

Yay, smart people!
Oh my god, I only read half of that and I TOTALLY agree with you... But there is Bi-Polarism, That's an accepting though, because it is a desease.... (sp?)
You can be depressed without a "reason".

It's a clinical disease.

neutral

Neurons, hormones, all part of biology.
It uber annoys me when you're just joking around with someone and they get mad at you and use the excuse "you don't know how my day/week/life has been." Everyone has bad things happen to them. It's all about how you deal with it. And the glass is half empty if you've been drinking out of it, and half-full if you're filling it up. It's all subjective...
We were created to die. WE WERE CREATED TO DIE!
There are some people
who do not have a logic reason but are depressed.
I myself, have depression,
and yes I do have a roof over my head and a loving family but it is more complicated than that.
But I hate the whiny little ********
who claim to be depressed because they get a paper cut and started bawling like a baby.
Whiny ********]
i agree totally, iwent through 3 years of psycology, because i was deppressed..

not because my mum didnt get me and ipod (i dont have still), not because i wasnt allowed to eat at the computer, i was teased, from preschool (yes, preschool i was teased), i mean i was the kid who went home crying everyday, whos parents called the school every week for a reason why i cry.

then, when i got to year 8, i finally realised, they dont like me for a reason! so if im gonna be teased, im gonna be a complete d**k heda back, and so i began being and a*****e, and shazaam! im not depressed anymore! no more tablets or meds!

******** stick up for yourselfs, we dont give a s**t if your mummy didnt buy your GTA! get a real life problem!
Yes, this is true. I agree with you in the aspect that some people have no point in complaining about life, when they have priveleges, and good things provided for them.
Depression is a chemical inbalance, in the brain...
and some people cannot help but be sad. It's not their fault.
Nowadays with all this pop culture it's hard to diagnose someone who is actually suffering from depression.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff