Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
there are several verses in the bible that promotes extrememly vulger things. things such as slaves, sexism, and even killing babies!

these are the following verses:

Leviticus 25:45-
"You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property."
It says "WHO" have been born on your land, so its saying you can own slaves, as long as they're from your land stare

Timothy 2:12-
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet."
this one is just plain obviously sexist!

Psalms 137:9-
"Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!"

KILLING BABIES. some say "it says 'dashes', that doesnt mean kill". well maybe this next one will make it a little more clear:

Hosea 13:16-
"Samaria shall bear her guilt,
because she has rebelled against her God;
they shall fall by the sword;
their little ones shall be dashed in pieces,
and their pregnant women ripped open."

clear enough for ya?

Exodus 21:7-
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money."
its basically talking about the rights of a woman, if you sell your daughter as a sex slave stare

i know some might not believe me, and think im making this up. but if this wasnt ACTUALLY there, what reason would i have to be against the bible?
you'll just have to trust that im not making this up. OR you could bible all of these bibles and look em up youself.

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
This is why I don't believe in everything the bible says.
My religion is based on christianity, however,
it isn't the same. I pick out certain things from the
bible that I believe to be true, and stick with those.
The bible itself says that everything is flawed.
The bible was made by man, was it not? Therefore
the bible itself is indeed flawed as well.

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Miss-Lolita-Lace

true.

but follow the passages like the 10 Commandments, that tell you how to live a happy life, doesnt neccessarily make you christian

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
The Great Death Spiral
HOLY s**t THIS COULD DESTROY THE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN FAITH. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH LADY, AND WATCH YOUR BACK. DARK FORCES ARE AFOOT.

xD
The Great Death Spiral
HOLY s**t THIS COULD DESTROY THE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN FAITH. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH LADY, AND WATCH YOUR BACK. DARK FORCES ARE AFOOT.

I lol'd.

We know about the ******** up bible verses.
Since I am not religious I believe that the bible was written by humans; and at the time of writing the bible society had different views from those of today, so those types of phrases in the bible are nothing to be amazed.
Darek Khort
Since I am not religious I believe that the bible was written by humans; and at the time of writing the bible society had different views from those of today, so those types of phrases in the bible are nothing to be amazed.

It doesn't matter what you believe, the bible was written by humans.

Prophet

As you were, I was

aren't those all Old Testament?
As I am, you will be

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Lenne-Chana
Darek Khort

It doesn't matter what you believe, the bible was written by humans.

but parts of the bible were supposedly passed down to humans from God. God told people what to write.

so if the bible is imperfect, so is God. but God is supposed to be perfect.

so when you actually think about the bible, it just leads to more and more controdictions

Shirtless Genius

8,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
II iGoRawrz II
Miss-Lolita-Lace

true.

but follow the passages like the 10 Commandments, that tell you how to live a happy life, doesnt neccessarily make you christian

But aren't the first three about God, the Jewish/Christian one?
Darek Khort

I feel this way too.
Lenne-Chana
Things like that are the reason I think that if more people actually read the entire bible for themselves, they wouldn't be Christian.

Someone should go through and re-translate the entire thing in more modern English, because I think a lot of people can't understand the terminology, so they'll believe anything someone tells them that it means.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Taking things out of context is a poor way to debate. If you read a whole work of literature, it makes more sense. Of course, this is implying that after reading it, thought occurs and some sort of understanding is reached. I think, however, that's asking far too much from people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff