Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What do you think?

Mostly about sex... 0.20454545454545 20.5% [ 9 ]
What would we do without media? This is just a bunch of bullshit! 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 4 ]
Free your minds! 0.29545454545455 29.5% [ 13 ]
Yes. 0.11363636363636 11.4% [ 5 ]
No 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 4 ]
Huh? 0.20454545454545 20.5% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 >

The modern media allows for near instant transfer of ideas. Information can be routed anywhere around the world.

Sadly, despite all this potential, the media is widely a tool for money grubbing fat cats to abuse the ignorant. I turn on the T.V. and want to shot people on the face. How can they watch this s**t? Even our most trusted news sources are tools for the implimentation of spun knowledge.

Radio is often better, but not by much. Call in shows are simply a bunch of would be experts shoveling metric tonnes of bullshit out of their mouths and into the airwaves. Lets not even start on the internet xd

So, does the potential of the media overturn its astoundingly painfully obvious downside?
Very bad... it has too much influences on kids lifes... if you said that then sorry... didn't feel like reading. xP
you lost me at media....
D3v1L Bl00d
Very bad... it has too much influences on kids lifes... if you said that then sorry... didn't feel like reading. xP

sweatdrop Reading is pretty hard...
honeybunny09
you lost me at media....

crying
I think it's terrible.
heres what i have to say...
Media is not bad. it's not good, but not bad. if you think about it...look at all the important messeges getting out there. like really, there are alot of bad influences, and even comercials that have nothing to do with anything distroy our comen senses.
The radio is not bad. It projects music. music is good. There are too many people that strive on the relation between the lyrics and there lives. And on most radio shows, people are calling in saying you know what your sayig is not right. Or there saying that what there saying is good.
and the whol news thing. c'mon, it's news! really! mabey it's not all true but at least your getting a glimps at whats going on in the world!
Media is great & all, but it's just overrun by sex and violence. If we got rid of all (or atleast most) of that, media would be a wonderful thing.

Also, ditch those twig models. Keep some of them (for us twigs out there, like myself) but have some "heavier" models out there, too. Like the other poster said, it influences kids' lives too much.
TarahLovesHentai
I think it's terrible.

Any reason as to why?
who cares. if i'm too stupid to know i'm being manipulated it's my own damn fault.

Kindly Lunatic

The media is just like any other business. They survive by making money, the need to sell products. In order to get cooperate sponsorship they need to get people watching and unfortunately what gets the most people watching is violence and sex. Plain and simple.
gagu ka has a really good point, but at the same time...media is ment to munipulate you.
Hero Propaganda
Media is great & all, but it's just overrun by sex and violence. If we got rid of all (or atleast most) of that, media would be a wonderful thing.

Also, ditch those twig models. Keep some of them (for us twigs out there, like myself) but have some "heavier" models out there, too. Like the other poster said, it influences kids' lives too much.

I don't think that sex violence and annorexia are our problems. Those are just simplistic and polarizing issues that politicians use to keep your eyes from the real trouble.

Its all dumbed down, it isn't what it could be. Everything is polarized, ignorant, and bombastic. Instead of persuing freethought, we press ourselves further into ignorance. We become tools of the coporate media, and they manipulate us with greater ease day by day.

Kindly Lunatic

gagu ka
who cares. if i'm too stupid to know i'm being manipulated it's my own damn fault.
Agreed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces