Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sup. Think it would work?

No! It sucks! 0.34579439252336 34.6% [ 37 ]
Yes, Lets do this, NOW. 0.10280373831776 10.3% [ 11 ]
I'm undecided, some n00bs are funny. 0.34579439252336 34.6% [ 37 ]
i r teh noob an i say nu 0.20560747663551 20.6% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Okay. I see so many illiterate people on Gaia. It's REALLY annoying. I say we petition for something that will make the illiterate and stupid people go away. However, I bring this to GD first to see if my idea is worth it or not.

Spelling and Grammar test.
Basically, you'd have to write out sentences that are long and complicated, made by images and always random so you just can't have someone copy and past it for you. It would have to be perfect, or with two errors AT MOST.

Intelligence test.
Somewhat like an IQ test, it gauges how intelligent you are and what boards your allowed to visit, you can also choose to retake this once a week and get a better score, but it will mostly be random so people can't just have the answers written down. Stupid people would be limited to chatterbox and chatterbox only. >:[.

And then the random tests.
These tests you would have to take randomly, as many as five in a month, to determine if your allowed to stay on Gaia or not. They wouldn't be hard or anything, but hard enough so that stupid people wouldn't be allowed on Gaia.

And finally, probably my most favourite.
A report post option that says something like "Bad spelling and grammar". It would get you banned from Gaia for atleast a week, and you'd have to retake a spelling and grammar test to get back on.

Discuss
Are my ideas good or not?
Would they be practical?
Why is your poop green sometimes?
Do you think this would work, or would it just be a waste of time?

Questionable Prophet

i joined gaia talking like a noob... (ie: want 2 b friends wit me(please dont send me a friend request))
and doing that would get people really mad
That would be too much trouble.
I'm afraid to say it's a pretty bad idea.
It would never go through.

-FfC
That's too much work just to get into Gaia...
Sounds stupid, and stuck up to me. stare Let people be who they want to be and ignore their posts.
I never typed like a n00b on Gaia. But I had the attitude of one. That was like.. 2 years ago..? ._.;
Bonesnapper
That would be too much trouble.

I was kinda thinking that, so I proposed it in GD before bringing it to petition. Hell, this was just an idea I got from boredom and chocolate milk, but if the people want it (Unlikely), I'll put it in the petition place. And yeah, it would be too much trouble, but no more illiterate people. =D
Queensryche Mistress
Sounds stupid, and stuck up to me. stare Let people be who they want to be and ignore their posts.

I would do that, if they just didn't have such bad spelling and ideas (like me, except I'm literate, yay!). And it irks me when christians do this, cause everyone knows the lost 13th commandment of the bible is "Thou shalt not bastardize thy American language".
I like the idea. Gaia's too crowded...
Like that'll happen.

Half the people that seem illiterate are actually literate.

They're just lazy.
No.
I have two learning disabilites.
I would fail the I.Q test.
I really don't like being discriminated at school,
let alone on GaiaOnline.
Let people type the way they want.
No way would Vo, Lanzer or any other admins approve of this.
They are loosing members as it is.
Plus, this site is designed for kids 13+
No one is supposed to have wonderful grammar or be smart.
Quit being a grammar nazi and learn how to use the ingore list.
[******** you.

I joined this site to make fun of people who talk like noobs and idiots who can't spell.

Don't you dare take that away from me.
As much as I despise people who can't spell, half of Gaia's population are those people. Besides, people would just spell right for the test, and then sound retarded once they're in. It wouldn't stick.

Against.

Questionable Prophet

Dearest..._Perhaps__
Like that'll happen.

Half the people that seem illiterate are actually literate.

They're just lazy.

thats me... if you look at my posts i dont use capital letters or commas very much...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff