Welcome to Gaia! ::

What age did you start masturbating?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47 > >>

I've been doing some small amount of research about public schools and sexual education, or lack there of.

And I'm wondering about ages in attachment to sexual maturity. How old were if you or when you started masturbating, if or when did you first start having sexual dreams?

As I understand it most sex ed happens a little bit late of most people being interested, and getting personally involved, with a total lack of any learning about orgasms, or masturbation, so I'm wondering about the current sexual education programs as well, when they happy, and what they cover, and how late they are in getting to kids who're clearly interested in orgasms.

I'm also interested in mental states as well, so if you have something to add to my topic I'd be most interested.

Thank you.

NOTE: So sorry about the error in the poll, I?m afraid I don't seem to be able to fix it, please if you'd like to answer it still do, and just try and answer as accurately as possible even with my error, and again so sorry.
I'm pretty sure that people don't start masturbating at under 5 years. As a matter of fact, no one under 5 even knows what masturbation is, let alone partake in it.
I first did it when I was 13 or 14. I can't recall at the moment. It wasn't because of sex ed or anything like that. We talked about masturbation there, but I wasn't paying enough attention to understand. All I know is that all of the kids at school thought masturbation was just wiggling your little wee-wee around while pissing, and bragged about it immediately after sex ed.

But when I first did it, I wasn't aware of what I was doing. I was just seeing something that got me aroused, and I touched myself, and it felt good. So I kept touching, and then there was ejaculation. And since it felt so good, I saw no reason to stop, even if I wasn't sure what it was.
Supposedly fetuses masturbate within the womb.

But that could have just been the theroy of a bunch of sexually immature med-students.

Began at 12.

(Your ages in the poll overlap.)
kwest_love
I'm pretty sure that people don't start masturbating at under 5 years. As a matter of fact, no one under 5 even knows what masturbation is, let alone partake in it.

I'm asking a question I don't rightly know the answer to, it would be idiotic of me to assume that my preconceived notions in regards to masturbation are correct, so I tried to leave peoples option open.

Thank you though for your impute, and opinion.

sock god

Loyal Gatekeeper

While it is true that you won't feel any pleasure from this before you hit puberty, your mind can still be corrupted. There was a child on Maury who talked about being a little 'gangsta' and he was dancing in such a manner that appalled me. I doubt he knew what it represented, but he did it anyways. He also talked about getting 'the ladies', so I don't know. Maybe this was all put in his head prematurely because of those who help raise him.
This might be surprising, but (oddly enough) I began at 3.
And I'm a girl.
*shock and amazement*
Well, when you're that little, you don't really know if something is wrong or right, you only know if something feels good or not. To clear your minds, I wasn't penetrating, or anything.
I do agree. The Public school system feels that children should protected from this kind of sexual act . . . I've always had a lack of faith in the school system and this is why . . . If kids are through pubrity at the age of 12-15 or around there, shouldn't they know what masturbation is at least? Teachers don't need to encourage it, but students should know what it is. And a strong point also, is that orgasm should be common knowledge foe children of this age too. Children shouldn't have to go through the bewilderment of not knowing what sensation they're feeling. Well, there stands my case . . . Next to Sock God’s

Go home schooling!

~~Mr.Turdle
Ever since I heard about it from the babysitter's son. Of course, I've always been fascinated with breasts. 3nodding
incapacitated_pizzacrust
And I'm a girl.
*shock and amazement*
Well, when you're that little, you don't really know if something is wrong or right, you only know if something feels good or not. To clear your minds, I wasn't penetrating, or anything.

Pardon me but were you told that you were doing such activities? I mean I don't think too many people remember being three and what they did at that age.
Well you will notice those in small towns will start much younger than people in larger cities with more to do.
Too Far Gone
incapacitated_pizzacrust
And I'm a girl.
*shock and amazement*

Pardon me but were you told that you were doing such activities? I mean I don't think too many people remember being three and what they did at that age.

Well, maybe it was such a good experience that he/she wouldn't forget. . . I don't think you should question the age when this first happens to a person. I don't think this is a competition to see who masturbated first.

~~Mr.Turdle
Comrade_Wuv_Muffin
Well you will notice those in small towns will start much younger than people in larger cities with more to do.

really?

do you have a sorce on that information? it's really cool, so if you do i'd love to look into it.
I was no older than 5 or 6 when I started; I can't remember my exact age. I'd do it often, sometimes every night, without knowing what I was doing. I didn't understand it until I was thirteen and read a magazine article about masturbating and orgasms...then I got scared, so I stopped for a while.

I don't really masturbate anymore. And when I do...I find it hard to orgasm if I'm thinking about sex. I've only managed to do it two or three times in my life while thinking of any kind of sex, and that took more effort than it should've. Both recently and when I was much younger, I've had to detach myself from the experience and the sexuality of it to actually get any pleasure whatsoever.

I think I might be a bit odd. Don't ask me to explain any of this; I don't get it.
Too Far Gone

I remember because it was shortly after we moved into our new house. I was 3 at the time.

Ah, and I've also got loving older siblings that never fail to bring up the matter whenever we're picking on each other.

At any rate, I know it's really awkward, but that's it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff