Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I hate laugh tracks. I hate them more than the live-studio audiences for Full House and Step-by-step. (Awwwww)

What really gets me though, what really drives me crazy is the idea that they had to bother to record the laughter, someone cut it into segments, and record it over the show.

Radar doesn't deserve this treatment. emo

Discuss uhh something related about old tv shows but keep it general.

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
It's like they *knew* someday a DVD format would come out and we could take it out with computer science, for a fee...

This will not stand (For another 50 years)

Oh well.
Laugh tracks are only acceptable if it is shot in front of something like a studio audience, or on a stage set. Like, per se, modern sitcoms are on sets. They have an audience, or if they don't, a laugh track.

MASH is outside mostly and isn't recorded where they'd have people hanging around laughing, so it is silly.

The Committee Staff Member

Technically I didn't care for the show. But watching made me laugh.

1,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Laugh tracks overall make a show that much more dull... M*A*S*H* can never get dull and Radar and his teddy-bear just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Laugh-tracks and the occassional 'scream-track' are annoying as heck. They ruin the main feeling of the entire show.
Dude, I ******** hate mash.

It's the most.
UHG!
I just laugh at the cross dressing guy.

6,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Canned laughter is added to make 'funny' scenes seem funyer.

and Mash = Pig crap!
Colonel Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

cry
M*A*S*H is a gooood show.
I'm reading Alan Alda's autobiography atm.
He was attractiiiiive.

1,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
LEROY become a PIRATE
I just laugh at the cross dressing guy.

Clinger wasn't a cross-dressed. He just wanted to get out of the Army ASAP!

Original Gaian

What's kind of creepy is that a lot of those laugh tracks were recorded for TV in the 1950s. Most of the people you hear laughing in them are probably dead now.
Zahir
What's kind of creepy is that a lot of those laugh tracks were recorded for TV in the 1950s. Most of the people you hear laughing in them are probably dead now.

Way to ruin TV.

Original Gaian

Vaginal Discomfort
Zahir

Way to ruin TV.

No problem.

Now go play outside and get some fresh air. cool
Zahir
Vaginal Discomfort
Zahir

Way to ruin TV.

No problem.

Now go play outside and get some fresh air. cool

Fresh air. Pssht.
I'll open a window kthx.
smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers