Welcome to Gaia! ::

10g

Total Votes:[ 59 ]
1 2 3 >

I've seen heaps of movies, read lots of books
that seem to deem being a "new kid" at a school
something to be feared.
People shun them, victimize them and/or whatnot.

Here in this forum, I see newbies picked on a few times.
(Once again, GD is cast into light in the manner of a high-school.
Butwtf that's not my discussion.)

But this is not how I see it~
Whenever there has been a new kid at the schools I've been to,
They are welcomed, and even if it takes days for them to find some friends and fit in, they're never really shunned.

Discuss~

Your experience as a newbie~ Online/IRL.

Are American high-schools really that brutal, or is it just the media?

Is it, for a lack of a better word, a trend (lol trend) that may occur in certain regions? o.o

What is it like for newcomers at your school?
Foreign exchange student + bad kids = exchange student thinking middle finger means hello

gotta love my school >.>
zug xian hated lots zug
Visconti
Foreign exchange student + bad kids = exchange student thinking middle finger means hello

gotta love my school >.>

D:
I think
that's worse than shunning. @_@
only if your a hot abercrombie wearing person then you'll be accepted just fine.
otherwise your ignored.
:[
All of the new kids at my school sit with the preps for a week, then get sorted out by cliche, or click, whatever.
I can't make a statement regarding being a new student in school ... I went to the same district from kindergarten to 12th grade. I have to say though, it's annoying to see newbies popping up in the GD begging for donations and asking where to get gold. Ideally they would all get gentle guidance, but they pop up so often that you eventually just get angry.
Actually, I think you might find that it is out of instinct that people act adversely towards new people.

Ever noticed when you're sitting in class having a lesson and some random person knocks on the door and comes in disturbing the class? Everybody looks so see who the intruder is. You'll find that this can be applied to many different situations.

That's all the details I can remember about it at the moment, maybe there's another Gaian that can extend on this.

So yes, instinct.

I hate being a newbie at something. So whenever I can I try to have someone that I know with me for moral support. Oh the awkwardness.
American High Schools are brutal even if you're not new. They're kind of like the GD. You either stand up for yourself or get stepped on. There's also alot of "NOOB!" and "Y HALLO THAR BUTT SECKS!"...at least at my school there was...wait, that was my friends and I...

In any case college owns high school in its nubcake face.
[~Fairy Boi~]
only if your a hot abercrombie wearing person then you'll be accepted just fine.
otherwise your ignored.
:[

._.;
Shallow society ;-;

Lover

when I was new I came to GD and was quickly accepted, i don't think GD is as full as haters as people think, they just have to follow some basic rules when it comes to posting and making threads that are slightly different in other forums.
Vettasplode
All of the new kids at my school sit with the preps for a week, then get sorted out by cliche, or click, whatever.

o.o

From what I've gathered from movies and such
'Preps' don't talk to anyone unless they have influence.

Newbies = no influence.
Visconti

gotta love my school >.>

neutral Wow.

we stone them with stones.

if they live, we accept them as our own kind.
Gemlit
Vettasplode

o.o

From what I've gathered from movies and such
'Preps' don't talk to anyone unless they have influence.

Newbies = no influence.

I used to talk to the preps all the time but then my not stuck up rich friends got all stuck up. Or mabye its the fact that I wont tell jokes anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff