Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061031/pl_nm/usa_politics_kerry_dc

John Kerry
You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.

John Kerry
Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how," Kerry said. "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."

He likes to deceive everyone into believing the first quote provided was a joke; Yet, he still does not make an apology. It's the same as the Popes comments on Islam; The pope said he was sorry for the violence, but he did not say anywhere he was sorry for reading the text itself. Yes, the text was meant for a philisophical debate-- The meaning is still there; they did not apologize for the comment.

So there you have it. John Kerry, who has time and time again been critical of the military and specially the war he served in, but used it as a means to get elected president.

Shall we gather the fund cuts towards the military Clinton made?
Or the fact that our military were all labeled "Baby Killers" because of Vietnam?

Democrats like to fool that they support the military, but frankly, they just don't. And you heard it, here, straight from John Kerry's lips.
Don't lump me with that a** hole. I lean more to the liberal side of things but I support the military 100%. I come from a family with a respectable military history, my father is in the Marines, and i intend to go into the military myself. Only things I need to figure out now is what to do first Education then service, or vice versa and whether I should go into the Marines or the Army.
Come on, Amora, you know better not to use one person to represent an entire political party--not to mention using John Kerry as the definitive liberal.
That's a retarded interpretation, Kerry himself served in the military and is well educated. So outside of some insane temporal time-warp where he doesn't know things that he already knows. It's pretty clear that he's referencing the lack of opportunities that face many highschool graduates in many communities throughout the nation. It's just like in religious studies when you have to ask yourself is this a good exegesis or some insane form of eisegesis.
Ignoring part to whole logical fallacy, this all, of course, assumes John Kerry to be liberal
Which he most certainly isn't.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061031/pl_nm/usa_politics_kerry_dc

John Kerry Wrote:
You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.

John Kerry Wrote:
Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how," Kerry said. "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."

Amora Buny wrote;

He likes to deceive everyone into believing the first quote provided was a joke; Yet, he still does not make an apology. It's the same as the Popes comments on Islam; The pope said he was sorry for the violence, but he did not say anywhere he was sorry for reading the text itself. Yes, the text was meant for a philisophical debate-- The meaning is still there; they did not apologize for the comment.

So there you have it. John Kerry, who has time and time again been critical of the military and specially the war he served in, but used it as a means to get elected president.

Or the fact that our military were all labeled "Baby Killers" because of Vietnam?

Democrats like to fool that they support the military, but frankly, they just don't. And you heard it, here, straight from John Kerry's lips.

Amora bunny you are a scream, Kerry should not apologize Son of a b***h Gw Bush should , GOT THAt nitwit! When are you getting out of your stinking diapers, or is this wher your brains are.
Bush is sending our troops to their death, Bush is killing our soldiers, he has no respect for life, just like you, nitwit,
Anyone who defends Bush should be sent to Iraq, hopefully killed got that nitwit.
The GOP is unsurpssed in their dirty assoults, that what makes a REPUBLICAN, no morals, no ethics just ruthless coward thrash, that spells conservative nut, are you seeing
yourself Amora?

Shy Werewolf

Amora-Bunny

Really? And how did that work out for him?

Quote:

Take a look at this, please.

Quote:

What does this have to do with Kerry? He was one of those "baby killers" if I recall...

Quote:

Democrats =/= Liberal. "Liberal" is a way of understanding things, not merely a political ideology. A kind of characteristic, or trait of personality, if you will. A party can have liberal attributes, but that does not make all parties/persons with liberal attributes alike.

As for what Kerry said, it's pretty obvious that he's being caricatured by the Right for verbally tripping over himself... as Kerry in particular has a knack for doing. Seeing how, being an officeholder, it would be highly irrational for Kerry to hate the troops.... I seriously doubt that's the message he intended.
You meant to call this thread "John Kerry said something I didn't like." And sure, Kerry's comments are free game for discussion.

Instead, you stooped to smear, propaganda, groupthink, and generalizations.

Idiotic trolls like yourself ought be banned from any serious political forum.
A whole bunch of bullshit I tell you...I was one of the students at Pasadena City College...yes I was there...no less than 20 feet away. It sounded offensive yes...but don't take it out of context. He was bashing Bush...you weren't there to hear the entire speech he made...how messed up things were...If you weren't there don't talk...the media are the gatekeepers of what we hear and see...oh let me ask you...were you there? Are you a student there...and yes most right...Senator Kerry is not a liberal..The students are greatful enough for him to take his time to come all the way over here and speak to us...and just because one person...seems to not care for our troops doesn't mean all liberals do...I'm a liberal and I care for the troops...I am not for the the war...that doesn't mean I wan't the troops to die...you are most wrong my dear gaian...about us liberals...
And all Australians think that women who don't wear a veil are inviting rape. Works on the same principle, one member of a community says something, so it MUST apply to the entire community. And you know what? By that same logic, Christians support adults having sex with children, because there are those priests and Christians who engage in sex with underage children. Americans support the genocide against Jews, because there are American neo-Nazis and others who support(ed) that cause.

Do not even try to play that game Amora. Every rational individual on this forum will rip you apart over it.
I still don't see how you can spin those quotes into "Kerry does not care about our military", actually.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
He should know, after all, it was how he wound up in Vietnam, right?
So what? I don't support the troops either.
so by "liberals," you mean John Kerry.
because i support the troops.
although i'm damn sure he does too.
That sounds like an argument against the military recruiting tactics where non-achieving students are targeted by recruiters. They are promised a future in the millitary and they see it as a better job that pumping gas so they go for it.

Then they come home in coffins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces