Welcome to Gaia! ::

This happens to me everytime I dress cute and do my hair in a cute way. It's so annoying. It happened the other day when this gardener on campus decided it was appropriate to just stare and leer as I was walking into a building to grab a newspaper. When I walked back out he just continued to do it, and I just wanted to run back to my car and lock the door. He just gave me an uneasy feeling at the pit of my stomach. I mean, why does me looking cute automatically translate that it's okay for some guys to just be creepy, and what do they think they are accomplishing by being creepy like this? Do they just expect women to come up to them and strip when they do it?

9,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I remember one time my mom and I were taking a long roadtrip, probably visiting my Uni for orientation or something. Anyway it was my mom's turn to drive and I was kicking back and had both feet on the dashboard in my short shorts ( I was/am a naive child). Anyway I looked out the window and saw this big old trucker, OMG it was the funniest sight.

He pretty much looked like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

but waaay more eager, with bugged eyes staring down at me and the biggest, peverted smile you have ever seen. I don't know how he managed to drive like that. That is one image which will forever be engrained in my memory for when I need a good laugh.
Yeah that's happened to me too, it happened the other day in fact.
captain of the space navy
Aqua marine complex
i was waiting for the bus in a crowded area of town and this guy is walkng past, he looks at me, stops and turns to walk towards me and goes on to ask where i live whats my name and wants me to go drink and smoke weed with him. I lied about everything accept my age i think.
so creepy, he even huged me when i left for the bus and i was like... wtf

sounds more like he just asked you out and was a little to early for physical intimacy since he just met you.(and it was crazy so here's my pot and weed and lets get ******** together maybe?)
doesn't sound that bad he was brief got to the point and then went about his day, better than not trying or just staring at you like a freak.

haha yea thats true. but it was just like so shocking, never happend to me before.
There are two times that really stand out to me. Both times I was in my dance cloths/warmup gear which is usually sweats and a shirt or a tank top, and I was either coming or going to class (so I'm not even dolled up and looking cute). The first one was in line at a grocery store. The old guy in front of me was outright leering at me and looking me up and down while muttering. I couldn't hear everything he said but I do remember him saying "yeah I bet your boyfriend likes that."

The second one I was leaning into my car to grab something that I had forgotten and just as I lean in this motorcyclist who was going by screeches to a stop to stare at my butt and yell "Ah yeeeeeay"
Aqua marine complex
Aqua marine complex
i was waiting for the bus in a crowded area of town and this guy is walkng past, he looks at me, stops and turns to walk towards me and goes on to ask where i live whats my name and wants me to go drink and smoke weed with him. I lied about everything accept my age i think.

sounds more like he just asked you out and was a little to early for physical intimacy since he just met you.(and it was crazy so here's my pot and weed and lets get ******** together maybe?)
doesn't sound that bad he was brief got to the point and then went about his day, better than not trying or just staring at you like a freak.

haha yea thats true. but it was just like so shocking, never happend to me before.
I have to disagree. Random guy comes up to you and asks you for address and invites you out to drink and smoke week and then hugs you? That's not someone who was just asking you out that was creepy. He might not have meant for it to be that way but I would say it is.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Next time someone does that, look them straight in the eyes, lick your lips very slowly (make a show of it), then bark like a dog while crossing your eyes. Give them something to stare at, you know? twisted
Recca911
Aqua marine complex
Aqua marine complex

I have to disagree. Random guy comes up to you and asks you for address and invites you out to drink and smoke week and then hugs you? That's not someone who was just asking you out that was creepy. He might not have meant for it to be that way but I would say it is.

lol it wasnt as simple as the way you described..
first he was like you look like your single. then askd my name and everything else i described. i was polite and everything but he wouldnt leave me alone.. i dont mind talking to strangers.. but when their asking where you live so they can pick you up seconds after meeting you thats not right.. plus the hugging..

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

My old roommate used to do that all the time while driving until she got in a car accident because of it.
I would have done something really awkward.
Aqua marine complex
Recca911
Aqua marine complex
Aqua marine complex

first he was like you look like your single. then askd my name and everything else i described. i was polite and everything but he wouldnt leave me alone.. i dont mind talking to strangers.. but when their asking where you live so they can pick you up seconds after meeting you thats not right.. plus the hugging..
Yeah, it probably would have been fine but those two things kind of push it over.

Noob

What about them?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
I get creepers all the time. Men stare at me, hit on me, follow me, honk at me. I've had a couple guys try to kidnap me. Sometimes the creepers can be funny but most of the time it's just terrifying because of the almost kidknapping and being followed home.

I'll share a few of the funny times though.

I was walking through a gas station and saw this guy staring me up and down, as I walked closer to him he yells out "HEY MAMI WANNA GO FOR A RIDE?" I just burst out laughing. Who the ******** calls a girl mami?

Another time I was walking out of the beer store and across the parking lot. I see this man staring me up. I walk past him and then he yells out "DAAAAAYUUUUUMMMM LOOK AT THE CURVES ON HER"

I was waiting at the bus stop once and this man came around the corner, looked me up and down, and then asked me if I wanted to go to china with him. I had my earbuds in so pretended I didn't hear him but then laughed about it later with my boyfriend at the time.

Another bus stop story, I was waiting for the bus, this car stoped at the red light infront of the bus stop and was just staring at me. I had my ear buds in and just looked away. When I looked away he turned onto the side street, parked his car, got out, walked over to the bus stop, taped on my shoulder, I turn around and take out my ear bud and he asks me if he can get my number. No hello, no asking my name just "CAN I GET YO NUMBER?" I put my ear bud back in and walked away to the next bus stop.

Devoted Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Aqua marine complex
Recca911
Aqua marine complex
Aqua marine complex

someone asking you out is creepy then?

someone walking up to and casually talking to you trying to get to know and being kind to you because they want to have a fun date means they want to rape or hurt you?

******** your hateful double standards.

I'll treat people with respect, and not publicly insult them.

also don't be a passive aggressive then? state how you feel don't expect people to read your mind.
Recca911
Aqua marine complex
Recca911
Aqua marine complex
Aqua marine complex

Yeah, it probably would have been fine but those two things kind of push it over.

exactly

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces