Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morning all..I have a problem and am not too sure how to diplomatically go about fixing it, as I am blunt and to the point. We have an EMT at our station that is just plain lazy. If it is their duty night, as were all volunteers, they will "forget" to refill the clipboard with run sheets, check the oxygen or replace it, leave the rig dirty for the next person or duty crew to clean up, and lately, one will be there when a few of us come in from home for a call but say she can't go because she has to work in a few hours.

Okay, I know that you have a life, we all do. But the one who uses the last excuse won't even pull the rig out so we can save a few extra moments. Last time it was a diabetic emergency, we were the 5th station called, and when I role up, her vehicle's there, I run in and she is moseying around the ambulance just waking up. Gives me the excuse she has to work and I was like yea whatever and haul freight with my OIC. I found out that she has done this a few more times after I have politely told her that were a team, it would save us who come time, etc. So I wrote our asst. chief and added my email to her as he prefers we work problems out between each other before involving him.

Am I wrong to be so irritated? She has also, on calls, refused to listen to a few of us, has questioned our paramedics, and is just a P.I.T.A. She also dropped out of fire fighter class for some stupid reason, can't fit well into the turn out gear we got brand new that was measured to us, and just gets tiring to be around.

Any ideas or comments? Suggestions? Have any of you ever been in a situation similar to this?
That guy at Subway.
HE NEVER LISTENS AND COMPLAINS.

Acts like he five for damned sakes. D:
Lazy a** kid.
sounds like b shift at my station... If she is effecting the safety of the crew or the patients, you should report her. She doesn't seem to want to change herself. If your chief doesn't do anything, talk to your union rep. (If you are in a union.) And as an emt, she should be listening to your paramedics. Sounds like someone has an attitude...
Jesus. Of all the jobs for a slacker to end up in.

My brother fell down the stairs once, and thought he might have broken his neck. 911 was called. The EMTs finally showed up, a bird-like woman and a man so overweight he couldn't bend down to pick up his end of the stretcher. I ended up carrying that side of it all the way to the ambulance. The guy also kicked my brother in the head on his way down the stairs, because he wouldn't or couldn't pick up his damn feet. Luckily my bro was just bruised and sprained; if he'd really had a broken neck, that moron might have killed him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff