Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Phantom

NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

Annoyed? What, with us talking on here, like in this thread, or when we do it as a reply in someone else's thread? Because if they don't like me writing as much as I want in my own damned thread they can kiss my a**, WITH tongue.

Yeah, half the time too much detail comes off like Mr. Kimball from 'Green Acres' when he tries to clarify every single point he makes. And as for reading, I still like to a lot, but lately it's been mostly 'Star Trek' and 'Monk' novels.

XD I mean, if they post, and they ask for a response, and they're like, "You didn't have to think so hard about it," or you post something long and they say, "Why do you write so much?". (Um, because I'm not BRAIN DEAD?)

I really wish I loved to read again. Idk, IB kinda killed it for me, and college buried it more than six feet under. I guess it's also because I'm sort of discovering what it's like to have a life of my own, and I'm bored of reading books because it's just not enough for me anymore, you know? I sort of just want to experience things for myself. I've had a lot of unusual experiences, but not really many of the normal ones. I still don't know how to drive, I've never been to a club, I've been to two bars (on my 21st. birthday), and people and behavioral norms still puzzle me at times...

Oh, I HATE that! "Too much effort"... Since when the Hell has effort ever been a bad thing? How would you like to drive across a bridge, eat food or be treated by a doctor who didn't use 'too much effort'?

I can understand that. You want to get out and see and do things. Hell, at heart, so do I, and it would be a lot more grating on me if I hadn't gotten to do some of the things and go on some of the adventures I've been on so far!

Thank you! It sort of disappoints me when I post something that involves a TINY bit of thought, and it's often a personal question, and people act like I'm asking them to write me a twelve page essay on the meaning of life!

It would be the same for me if it weren't for all of the weird experiences lol.

They don't just act like it's work for them, they genuinely come off like you're some sort of crazed axe murderer for putting out effort! Like, "Hey, sorry I'm passionate about something besides rapid-fire shitposting and complaining about how I'm not rich or popular after sitting around doing absolutely nothing all day! I'll try harder to be a worthless drooling mental midget in the future so that I can fit in!"

Actually, you sort of just described my day, as I got dressed and ate late, then lost the battle when it came to motivation to go to the one class I had today...Only it's been falling asleep rather than rapid fire shitposting, and worrying about the billion huge things I need to do by next week, rather than buckling down and doing stuff... sweatdrop

Yes, but we all have days like that. And at least YOU put effort into talking/typing. Besides that, despite having a few lazy days, it doesn't sound like you're CONTENT with that. The ones that bother me are the ones that just absolutely revel in their own uselessness, like being apathetic and ignorant are badges of honor they should wear with pride.

Beloved Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Hero 100
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

Oh, I HATE that! "Too much effort"... Since when the Hell has effort ever been a bad thing? How would you like to drive across a bridge, eat food or be treated by a doctor who didn't use 'too much effort'?

I can understand that. You want to get out and see and do things. Hell, at heart, so do I, and it would be a lot more grating on me if I hadn't gotten to do some of the things and go on some of the adventures I've been on so far!

Thank you! It sort of disappoints me when I post something that involves a TINY bit of thought, and it's often a personal question, and people act like I'm asking them to write me a twelve page essay on the meaning of life!

They don't just act like it's work for them, they genuinely come off like you're some sort of crazed axe murderer for putting out effort! Like, "Hey, sorry I'm passionate about something besides rapid-fire shitposting and complaining about how I'm not rich or popular after sitting around doing absolutely nothing all day! I'll try harder to be a worthless drooling mental midget in the future so that I can fit in!"

Actually, you sort of just described my day, as I got dressed and ate late, then lost the battle when it came to motivation to go to the one class I had today...Only it's been falling asleep rather than rapid fire shitposting, and worrying about the billion huge things I need to do by next week, rather than buckling down and doing stuff... sweatdrop

Yes, but we all have days like that. And at least YOU put effort into talking/typing. Besides that, despite having a few lazy days, it doesn't sound like you're CONTENT with that. The ones that bother me are the ones that just absolutely revel in their own uselessness, like being apathetic and ignorant are badges of honor they should wear with pride.

I think for some people, that's their way of going into denial about how discontent they are with how they're doing, because sometimes I'm like, "Hooray, I'm a horrible student with no motivation!" when I'm crying on the inside lol.

Enduring Phantom

NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

I think for some people, that's their way of going into denial about how discontent they are with how they're doing, because sometimes I'm like, "Hooray, I'm a horrible student with no motivation!" when I'm crying on the inside lol.

I couldn't do it. I'm too driven to be productive. It's like a sickness. I think I inherited my grandpa's work ethic. Then again, the guy WAS a friggin' icon to me, but that's an incredibly long and slightly sad story for another time. But I know for a fact that there ARE a lot of people who really DO genuinely revel in being a loser because by today's standards, that's apparently a goal to aspire to, along with being a victim. Nobody wants to save the day or make a difference anymore, sadly enough. But like I said, we all have our lazy days. You sound like a more than capable person, I think your problem is that you're in an area you don't like being in and it DOES take a toll, I know for a fact because I've been there!

Beloved Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Hero 100
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

I couldn't do it. I'm too driven to be productive. It's like a sickness. I think I inherited my grandpa's work ethic. Then again, the guy WAS a friggin' icon to me, but that's an incredibly long and slightly sad story for another time. But I know for a fact that there ARE a lot of people who really DO genuinely revel in being a loser because by today's standards, that's apparently a goal to aspire to, along with being a victim. Nobody wants to save the day or make a difference anymore, sadly enough. But like I said, we all have our lazy days. You sound like a more than capable person, I think your problem is that you're in an area you don't like being in and it DOES take a toll, I know for a fact because I've been there!

My family is the same. They can be told to be on bed rest, and they just don't listen. We get pent up easily, and always need to do SOMETHING, even if it's staring at a screen. If you'd like to tell me about your grandpa, you could send me a message. My grandfather's 70, and he's only partially retired, after years of pretty much supporting the entire family by trucking cross country for weeks on end. He still doesn't get a day to sit lol.

Thanks for the confidence, and I've been telling myself that too, because I used to be a really hard worker and great student, and it's pretty much offensive to me be this much of a slacker. Like, I frequently skip class because I can't even work up the motivation to get onto the bus to get to school.

Anywho, what's up? How will you be spending Thanksgiving?

Enduring Phantom

NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

My family is the same. They can be told to be on bed rest, and they just don't listen. We get pent up easily, and always need to do SOMETHING, even if it's staring at a screen. If you'd like to tell me about your grandpa, you could send me a message. My grandfather's 70, and he's only partially retired, after years of pretty much supporting the entire family by trucking cross country for weeks on end. He still doesn't get a day to sit lol.

Thanks for the confidence, and I've been telling myself that too, because I used to be a really hard worker and great student, and it's pretty much offensive to me be this much of a slacker. Like, I frequently skip class because I can't even work up the motivation to get onto the bus to get to school.

My grandfather sadly isn't with us anymore, and that story is a long one that I kind of have to be in a rare mood to tell. I will someday, I assure you. But same thing, he was the sort of guy who always needed to be useful.

Sometimes you just need to give yourself a quick kick in the a** to get things moving, like reminding yourself that graduating and getting a good job are your ticket out of there and to somewhere better.

Nothing much going on on this end. Just got home from Thanksgiving dinner with the relatives, mostly the ones that don't really care for me, and I'm feeling as bit under the weather now. Hope yours was better!

Beloved Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Hero 100
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow
NegativityOutlet
Teh Skarekrow

My grandfather sadly isn't with us anymore, and that story is a long one that I kind of have to be in a rare mood to tell. I will someday, I assure you. But same thing, he was the sort of guy who always needed to be useful.

Sometimes you just need to give yourself a quick kick in the a** to get things moving, like reminding yourself that graduating and getting a good job are your ticket out of there and to somewhere better.

Nothing much going on on this end. Just got home from Thanksgiving dinner with the relatives, mostly the ones that don't really care for me, and I'm feeling as bit under the weather now. Hope yours was better!

Alright, I'll ask later, if I can remember. smile And I do remind myself of that, it's how I got through all of the other years of school too. I don't wanna be poor and riding the bus with weirdos forever lol. It's just still sort of hard when all I wanna do is sleep lol. Actually, my sleep study results came back, and I get less than half of the deep dream sleep I need (despite the crazy dreams), and they're still gonna have to run tests for narcolepsy...

So why are you under the weather? I'm guessing the relatives gave you a bit of a hard time? As for myself, it went much smoother than I thought it would, likely because my aunt has been bringing booze to the family gatherings lately, and I had about four drinks lol. Actually, she made most of the feast, and she did well. None of her "special" recipes lol. It's nice, because everyone but her couldn't really afford to pitch in, so she took the liberty of doing it all herself. Normally, I don't really like her. She talks to people like they're thick and always tries to sounds smarter. But today was okay. It actually felt warm and comforting, for the most part, and there were only a couple arguments. smile

I also said goodbye to the family dog, because Golden Rescue is taking him away Monday. My mother tried to take pictures of my brothers and I with him, but none of them came out very well. Lots of puppy love, my family is big on animals lol. Sounds like you could've used a furry friend to cheer you up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff