Welcome to Gaia! ::

IS there a difference betweena Geek and Nerd? If so, which is worse, what's the difference.

Mr. Snoumpkin rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Geeks are worse, by definition.
There's a difference?
A geek is someone who bites off chicken heads. 3nodding
You don't want to be a geek. Nerds rule though!
Were all kind of Nerdy..Mostly because we go on gaia.
nerd is into technology, that's for sure. I think a geek is someone who tries too hard and ends up looking stupid.
geeks and nerds are people who wonder that

jaykay
It's a semantics issue, but if you wanna go that route, some people consider nerds to be people who are generally unpopular, socially inept, and into "smart people lol" things. These people also consider geeks to be the ones who are not necessarily into smart people things, but usually socially inept and REALLY INTO one or two things that are considered somewhat shameful to be into (Comics, video games, M:TG, anime/manga).

However, I suppose you could say a "geek" is just someone who is obsessed with a particular thing, so you could technically have a "fashion geek", but it's unlikely that you're gonna find a lot of fashion-obsessed girls referred to as "fashion geeks" unless they also happen to be ugly or socially inept, which seems an unlikely combination. Oh, yeah, and like that guy said, they used to be crazy people at carnivals, I have no idea how it came to mean what it means today.

FYI: Dorks are people who are socially inept and look like nerds, but aren't good at anything in particular and are emotionally immature. For instance: That one girl you knew in high school who was 17, but dressed, talked, and wrote vampire fanfiction like she was 12, who you wanted to hit in the face with a brick for being so goddamn annoying.
Does it really matter?
Geek = Someone who knows all about computers and other technological things..and I mean, they know all about them.

Nerd = Someone who has a gaint interest in Anime and Videogames. The collect everything anime and such..Like, Pokemon card collectiors, Yu-Gi-Oh duelists, e.c.t.

Well, that's what I believe.
-Is a nerd.- 3nodding

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Iconoclast
FYI: Dorks are people who are socially inept and look like nerds, but aren't good at anything in particular and are emotionally immature. For instance: That one girl you knew in high school who was 17, but dressed, talked, and wrote vampire fanfiction like she was 12, who you wanted to hit in the face with a brick for being so goddamn annoying.

z0MGs0rz you went to my school and knew that girl, too?!?! rofl
I think I count as a geek. If that's what I am then I'm proud of it.
nerds are smart losers
geeks are weird anoying losers
ScribblerChrislea
The Iconoclast

z0MGs0rz you went to my school and knew that girl, too?!?! rofl

Holy s**t, YES. She was in my Girl Scout troop when we were kids and thought she was the Big s**t because she was the daughter of the troop leader, but as we got older... she never... got older. o________________________o

I mean, if she just hadn't grown boobs and had stayed the exact same build as she was as a child (but got taller), I wouldn't have made fun of her, it's mean to make fun of people for not physically maturing. I don't think it's funny at al, some people are just built that way. But she failed to mature mentally, emotionally, AND physically.

She didn't just write vampire fanfiction. She was part of some really conservative religion AND wrote vampire fanfiction. And in the vampire fanfiction, she would put disclaimers smack in the middle of her poorly spelled dreck like "WARNING: VERY SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD! WATCH OUT!", and then the "sexual content" would be... one character pushing another one over and threatening them about something that has absolutely nothing to do with sex. o_____________________o

I think a lot of us did things like that with our writing or drawings when we were wee tots, you know, less than 13 years old. But she was SEVENTEEN. And she pestered me CONSTANTLY to draw her SHITTY, SHITTY vampire characters.

UGHGHGHGHGH SHE'S HAUNTING ME THROUGH EVERY PERSON I HATE ON GAIA.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff