Welcome to Gaia! ::

is christianity a cult?

yes 0.5609756097561 56.1% [ 23 ]
no 0.4390243902439 43.9% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 >

cult-Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
christians warship jesus who is a person yet my religon religuos science(oftenly confused with scientology but is completly different) is considered a cult even though we warship the god everyone, how is that a cult?
It depends on the person, if the person was like... a frantic. then yes, it would be, and also many christians are frantics....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! ninja
Tje reason i put this is because everyone thinks my belief is a cult so im proving thiers is more of one
I think the official definition of cult fits with the description of christianity. However, cults have a socially negative conotation and that conotation shouldn't be extended to apply to christianity in general.

Dapper Swapper

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Only in some churches.
perenkx
It depends on the person, if the person was like... a frantic. then yes, it would be, and also many christians are frantics....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!! ninja

Me??? ninja *hides* save me lord!!!
Some chritianity cane be a cult, I heard of htis one guy who was supposedly holy or something(I wasn't really paying attention)
so he had babie with a bunch of young girls to bring more "holy" people in the world, than he locked himself and the rest of his cult in some building and had a war with the FBI or something.

sorry about the rant (that might not even be true)
Obsessive.

Not for most Christians.

There's difference between a religion and a cult.

But you can't just be putting one religion into your little conclusion.
Christianity is a cult and the arrogent fundemental ones are the one who disscriminate you belief.

Sweet Explorer

Most christans ARE NOT frantics. People just think or make them to be that way. I don't believe that christianity is a cult...christianity is not a group of people who form their own religion by breaking off from another one. For example...Mormonism IS considered a cult by many people.
If it wasn't a cult, it wouldn't be an organized religion!
No, by official definition, Christianity is not a cult.
4laugh
I read the title of this thread and started laughing.

Still laughing.
Ekanox Tashnor
christians warship jesus

It's the USS Jesus! Lock phasers on that vessel!
insane fantics

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces