Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Consumer

tarantulacat
Ipods have lithium batteries which only last a year and to replace you battery you have to break into your ipod. My ipod's battery died V_V
My girlfriend has had her ipod for roughly two years and the battery still works fine - she uses it every day to and from work.
You should get a one with more gigs. I have one with 20 and there are 1200 songs on it and I've got room for more.
It's so worth it
*Points at Eric*
I love my iPod
Yeah so I named it!
Yeah I've heard about the battery problem and also all my buddies who have iPods constantly complain about their low battery life. I did a lot of research, and have found that Creative Zen puts out many, many different kinds of mp3 players, from the size of the nano to 40gigs, with far fewer product complaints, and you are not restricted to a single service such as iTunes.

Also, the Zen Micro, whic is what I'm getting, comes in colors like neon orange and stuff. And, while there are fewer accesories available, there ARE accesories available, so no desparing there.
In the box

1. iPod of your choosing
2. earbuds
3. Little velvet case
4. installation cd
5. custom cradle thing(let's you set your iPod up with speakers or plug it into a cradle type of thing that's made for all iPods)
6. cord.

What you need

1. Different case, the one in the box is crap
2. probably different earbuds
3. speakers - they're freakin expensive, but they're awesome
4. iTunes. Just download it and import all your music. It's free, so don't worry bout it.
Regrets and Romance
It's so worth it
*Points at Eric*
I love my iPod
Yeah so I named it!

you named it? XD

oh, and thanks everybody for the advice. It's really helped! o.o

now I feel like less of an iPod n00b D: <33
The Jolly Glomper
Yeah I've heard about the battery problem and also all my buddies who have iPods constantly complain about their low battery life. I did a lot of research, and have found that Creative Zen puts out many, many different kinds of mp3 players, from the size of the nano to 40gigs, with far fewer product complaints, and you are not restricted to a single service such as iTunes.

Also, the Zen Micro, whic is what I'm getting, comes in colors like neon orange and stuff. And, while there are fewer accesories available, there ARE accesories available, so no desparing there.
Nothing wrong with Zen, they seem to be doing alright! I just thought it was kind of crazy when my mom bought 2 zens (one for her and her bf) for... 500 dollars! they sold them. one microphoto for 250 and another was some 30gb for 250!
Well, I got an iMac and I got a free iPod nano but has 1GB. That is 240 songs on average. It came with earphones, iTunes, a port, a cute wittle thing to hold it, a fuzzy case, and... >.> Yeah that's the basics. AND APPLE STICKERS. But I think everything you buy comes with cute Apple stickers. BUY ONE. x3 It pretty easy to filly up, 2 GB.
1. The Ipod Nano comes with Headphones, ITunes disc, The ipod earphones, Cord to insert Nano into a computer or charger.

The starter kit which comes with a case, skin and, screen protectant is only $30. So yeah.......And your Ipod has scratchproof stuff on it already...so you shouldn't have to worry about the front getting scratched.

2. Insert the Disc and it tells you what you have to do. ITunes is a free program that is on your disc. It will ask you to sign up for free on apple.com so you get your reciepts for your songs through e-mails.

3. I think it is a good investment. The Nano can go in front and back pockets and is easy to keep track of. The sound quality is great....And there is no skipping....Yay!

Also, the Nano is more equipped for excersise. It is made so the parts to jiggle or rattle while you're moving around/running/kicking or whatever, unlike the other Ipods. It's 10 times less likely to break internally....Of course you can always sit on it and break it or fall on it....But my pockets are on the side...So when I sit down, my Nano is to the right of my butt cheek. cool

4. 500 songs is right. If you have tons of songs, go for the 4GB. I have the 2GB and am fine with it. Considering I only have about 180 songs.

5. Don't fall on it! And get a skin....The Nano is very easy to use.

If it doesn't communicate with the computer, just put it on disk mode. I freaked out when it happened to me.....It was because of my brothers.

Have fun with the iPod!
SexySushi
Regrets and Romance
It's so worth it
*Points at Eric*
I love my iPod
Yeah so I named it!

you named it? XD

Yeh.
Are you gonna name youre's?
The Jolly Glomper

What battery problem? My Nano can last 12 hours when fully charged. That's an international flight to JFK, a wait, then an 1h 30min flight to Atlanta. xP

OH and it's 2GB
Regrets and Romance
SexySushi
Regrets and Romance
It's so worth it
*Points at Eric*
I love my iPod
Yeah so I named it!

you named it? XD

Yeh.
Are you gonna name youre's?
I named mine, Pod-Pod. cool

I'm off.....My ping pong table has arrived.....Have to haul it off the car. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff