Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yesterday, after getting fed up with my CD player breaking every day, I decided that it was time I got an iPod. Because I’m a cheep-a**, I’m gonna go inexpensive and go for a 2GB iPod Nano. It can hold about 500 songs, says apple, but I am unsure. And I’m a little bit unsure as to what I’ll be buying. I also have a few questions I need to be answered before I want to purchase this product. I went to the website to try to find out, but they just said thinks like “buy an ipod, cuz you will be t3h k3w3l!11!`11~”

Some of my Questions are…
–When buying an iPod, will it come with anything extra? (ex: headphones, carrying case, or port?) or does it ONLY come with the ipod?
–Do I have to automatically sign up for iTunes when I buy an iPod? If I do, then do I have to pay for iTunes with a credit card?
–Was buying an iPod a good investment for you? Was it worth the money?
–I was thinking about buying a 2GB iPod Nano, which apple claims to hold around 500 songs. Is this not exactly correct? Would it be a better investment to pay the extra money to go for a 4GB iPod?
–Is there anything else I should know/any iPod related advice you think I should know?

Thank you so much for any questions of mine you can answer, or any advice you can give me! ^_^
I feel like such an iPod n00b. D:
iTunes, just the program, is completely free.

To DOWNLOAD SONGS with iTunes is what costs money.

Eh, I'd say go with a bigger gig sized ipod if you have a shitload of music.

My brother had over 5,000 on his 40 gig.
With room to spare.
If you have a shitload of music, I'd go with the regular iPod. The nano works fine for me though. I'd buy headphones to go with it too, because I hate the ear buds.

Shouldn't this be in another forum?
Well, with my IPod, it came with earphones. You gotta buy your own carrying case. I barely use mine, so I don't know much.

Use limewire to download songs. You get them for free.
SexySushi
Yesterday, after getting fed up with my CD player breaking every day, I decided that it was time I got an iPod. Because I’m a cheep-a**, I’m gonna go inexpensive and go for a 2GB iPod Nano. It can hold about 500 songs, says apple, but I am unsure. And I’m a little bit unsure as to what I’ll be buying. I also have a few questions I need to be answered before I want to purchase this product. I went to the website to try to find out, but they just said thinks like “buy an ipod, cuz you will be t3h k3w3l!11!`11~”

–When buying an iPod, will it come with anything extra? (ex: headphones, carrying case, or port?) or does it ONLY come with the ipod?
–Do I have to automatically sign up for iTunes when I buy an iPod? If I do, then do I have to pay for iTunes with a credit card?
–I was thinking about buying a 2GB iPod Nano, which apple claims to hold around 500 songs. Is this not exactly correct? Would it be a better investment to pay the extra money to go for a 4GB iPod?
–Is there anything else I should know/any iPod related advice you think I should know?

Thank you so much for any questions of mine you can answer, or any advice you can give me! ^_^
I feel like such an iPod n00b. D:
I went with a Rio Carbon (6GB, should hold... 1200?) for my mp3 player, I dont really like the idea oh iPod. But then again.. Mp3 players are not water resistant, i trashed it
I'd only buy an iPod if there was no better alternative, and thats the case of the iPod video, wouldnt buy anything less than that for apple.
my ipod came with plug in cords and earphones, and also a cd to instal itunes. you have to use itunes, but you can still download music off of like limewire or something and transfer it to your itunes account.

also, i could never live with just 500 songs. get the 4 gig.
Before I got an ipod I decided to download itunes just to see how it worked.
I hated itunes.
Also I wasnt sure if an ipod would work with any other programs ( realplayer, windows media player ect. ect. )
So I just never got one ...
Well I have the video it came with the connection to the computer (Which is used to get songs into your iPod and to charge it) and headphones, lame carrier, i suggest you get a better brand protector

It has a CD that has itunes, if you want to download music then it asks you to make an account

iPod video, the battery holds up very well for songs (not much the videos though) and video podcasting is Fantastic (the 30 gig)

Trust me EVERY person that i've seen get this regrets it, they run out of memory.

If you end up getting a video ipod download videora good converter, make sure to get it from best buy you get a free 30$ card (well atleast i did) which meant i had the 3 yr protection plan.
not really where this should be but I'll go with it.
a 2 gig on my computer holds about 298 but that's only at 1.34 GB 18 hours
you get head phones and a little slipper thing for it and a deck to put in the standard ipod stuff and the usb cord

Frozen Sex Symbol

User Image
I have the normal plain Ipod.

One draw back is the iTunes. You cannot get Napster and download songs on to it but so you will have to transfer the Napster songs and convert them to iTunes. A bit annoying.

Mine came with head phones and character but I had to buy the carrying case.

Hygienic Consumer

Masqurade Marie
Well, with my IPod, it came with earphones. You gotta buy your own carrying case. I barely use mine, so I don't know much.

Use limewire to download songs. You get them for free.
Except that songs downloaded off peer to peer networks like Limewire won't be sorted properly by iTunes because it pulls album details off then et when you rip CDs to your PC.

Best off just ripping your CDs on to it, unless you like having random files all over your ipod and will only ever use the shuffle function.
Quote:

1. Yes. It comes with the headphones and a USB cable for uploading music and charging the iPod. It doesn't come with a case, but there are plenty of skins and protective cases out there at reasonable prices.

2. Yes. You need iTunes. It comes with the iPod. However, it is free; and you only have to pay for the music, if you download it from Apple's iTunes Music Store.

3. Yes. I think it was. Although, the battery runs out a lot; but I have the habit of overusing mine, methinks.

4. That sounds correct. It depends on how long and large the song file is however; those estimates are made with like a 4 minute song in mp3 format.

5. iPods are sometimes hard to set up, depending on your computer. The customer service representatives are rather nice though, so just call them if you have any issues.
iv got 3000 songs on my 20gb ipod and its like half full and thats every cd i own so its pretty good
I have the ipod nano 4gb and it holds 1000 songs, it does come with headphones but not a case. When I bought my ipod it was a good investment. You have to pay for the songs you download with a cridtcard or the itunes gift card.
Ipods have lithium batteries which only last a year and to replace you battery you have to break into your ipod. My ipod's battery died V_V

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff