Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Did you ever wish you were immortal?

yes 0.46031746031746 46.0% [ 29 ]
no 0.53968253968254 54.0% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
< 1 2

rummorse are that some people from this time period actully lived for many years ago.
Only one immortal person can throw the entire world into a state of chaos, espacially if this immortality were in the wrong hands. Hands of someone like...oh, I don't know...Adolf Hitler?
Elaborate on immortal, Immortal like cannot die no matter if your head was cut off, I wouldn't want. Immortality like a vampire, I could deal with and make anyone i care for a immortal also.
First you must proove Adam and Eves existance. o.O"
forthesakeofsin
In order to gain immortality humans would have to give up all earthly pleasures. Food would be pointless, sex would be non existent, we wouldnt apreciate life for what it is. However immortality is only a few decades away with prostethic limbs and organs already being created. The prostetic body is next.

The problem is brain decay. You can create all the prostetics you want, but eventually your brain is going to fail. So unless we manage to figure out how to transfer sentinence into an artificial brain, you're still as good as dead.
Siaynoqsbride
I think that if we had stayed in the Garden of Eden, life would be completely different. I'm not sure there would be such a separation between Heaven and Earth as there is now; the very definition of life would be different, as would death, and therefore immortality as well.

-golf clap- Indeed.
I think that if we had stayed in the Garden of Eden, life would be completely different. I'm not sure there would be such a separation between Heaven and Earth as there is now; the very definition of life would be different, as would death, and therefore immortality as well.
Lushie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Even after Adam and Eve, humans were immortal. Then God reduced their lives to about a thousand or so years, then kept reducing. Because he knew that immortality of humans was a bad idea.

Close, but not quite. After Adam and Eve, people lived to be around 900. Then God reduced it to about 90.

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Even after Adam and Eve, humans were immortal. Then God reduced their lives to about a thousand or so years, then kept reducing. Because he knew that immortality of humans was a bad idea.
BluRaven027
Shatari
No, my people's creation mythoi don't involve YHWH or Eden.

Really ? What religion r u ? just curious.
Native American Spiritualist of Cherokee descent. We are children of the Star People.
Tsubasa_Gaijin
No sorry adam & eve are fictional used to simplily explain the beginning of man.

And you're mortal, deal...

i don't want to live forever...I want these years to be my only ones...

Alright, now back up that statement with a logical arguement. 3nodding
The thought of Immortality is a horrid thing..the thought of never ending life could drive many to insanity..while others to violence...

Although It does exists, but not in the same way many think of it..many think of it in a was such as..never ending life..but as I see it...its where one is never forgotten...through Time.

All of use can think of several humans that will never be forgotten by history...religious or otherwise..
Even if eeveryone was immortal, I don't think it would stop people from wanting to die at some point. Death is a natural and neccesary thing.
Thank you for those who replied regarding the topic.
They don't exist. And I think I'd go insane if we were all immortal. Think about it- the world would be SO overpopulated, we'd go insane from boredom, etc. etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff