Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it right?

yes 0.42372881355932 42.4% [ 25 ]
no 0.57627118644068 57.6% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 59 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Im jut curious to the opinions of those who have ben watching then news and know what president bush wants to do to our country. Do you think its right to build walls and put people in jail just because they are mexican, asian, or black living in america?
This is supposed to be a country all about freedom, so why are we trying so hard to get everyone out?

Discuss:
Immigrants
president bush
the protest
april 1st law.

kiironobara's Husband

Shirtless Codger

10,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I don't have a problem with immigrants. It's coming into this country illegally that's a problem.

They're not ******** taking our jobs - nobody wants to pick strawberries.
Key word here, Illegal.
A bunch of hispanics form my school got expelled for leaving school for a protest at a highschool. I wasnt friends with those people but i tihnk expelling them went a little too far...
arbonite: yes that is a point but think about all these peoples parents and grandparents who wont be able to cross the border to see their families.
only thing that bugs me with your satement is you make the president look like a bad guy by saying its a race thing but its an illeagl immigrant thing which is good for money cause we lose alot of tax money helping them geesh.
The Mexicans (well... illegal immigrants of all races) cost us a lot of money. Because they have no actual identities, they can repeatedly commit crimes without being caught. Also, the immigrants have cost America's hospitals over 40 million dollars that is unaccounted for. This is one of the many reasons our healthcare isn't free. The illegal immigrants DO help the economic system, but kicking them out won't make it crash. It would only cause a little inflation. Those jobs could be given to the poor people who can't find jobs.

My main point is... it's illegal. Why should they come here, wave around their flags, and ask us to let them break the law?
It's idiotic. :[
i think we should let everybody stay here in america, just make them pay taxs and stuff like that like everybody else does. and have maybe classes to send them too, to help them learn english. And deport the ones that break the more serious laws like Murder and drugs and stuff 3nodding
come on theres got to be more of a feedback chain than that.
Penguin Supporter
The Mexicans (well... illegal immigrants of all races) cost us a lot of money. Because they have no actual identities, they can repeatedly commit crimes without being caught. Also, the immigrants have cost America's hospitals over 40 million dollars that is unaccounted for. This is one of the many reasons our healthcare isn't free. The illegal immigrants DO help the economic system, but kicking them out won't make it crash. It would only cause a little inflation. Those jobs could be given to the poor people who can't find jobs.

My main point is... it's illegal. Why should they come here, wave around their flags, and ask us to let them break the law?
It's idiotic. :[
TRU DAT. pirate
SheHasBlueEyes
arbonite: yes that is a point but think about all these peoples parents and grandparents who wont be able to cross the border to see their families.
cross illegaly?

Invisible Gaian

I don't like illegal immigration but at least I wasn't the one at school suggesting that we should put land mines all around the borders... >.> Yes, someone did say that in one of my classes the other day. Yes, he was mexican... It was kinda weird. Anyway, I don't think the illegal immigrants should have to go to prison though since it costs more to put one person in prison than it does to get someone through college. I mean, that's just a waste of our money...
Architect Eyes
I don't have a problem with immigrants. It's coming into this country illegally that's a problem.

As a legal citizen I wouldn't mind picking strawberries considering child labor laws and minumum wage, however illegal immigrants will do it for cheaper.

But this thread has already been done...here are some more opinions if you're interested. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12824360&page=1 3nodding
Architect Eyes

vdare.com

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces