Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yeah, so I'm sitting here and watching TV, and a music video of the song Hung Up by Madonna comes on. She does the tipical "I'm so damn sexy" dancing with some random dancers (alot of them black for some reason...) for about four minutes. It goes from an aerobic center to a street corner to a restaurant to a club...and then it goes to a ******** arcade where they stomp around on a DDR machine.

I was like...what the HELL. I don't understand why artists think it looks cool, especially when it's obvious that the machine is on the ******** title screen and not on an actual song. Is there something I'm missing?

I do actual freestyle, and I don't see MY routines getting on music videos. I want to make money damnit. domokun

Discuss
Music videos with DDR in them, and how stupid the dancers look on them.
Hmm, I like DDR. It's fun.

But yes, I must agree that it's getting old having DDR in music videos.

Trash Cat

I think DDR is fun, but people look retarded on it regardless of how awesomely good they are at dancing around on it.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
[subliminal messaging]
Hmm, I like DDR. It's fun.

But yes, I must agree that it's getting old having DDR in music videos.
It'll end eventually...
Alexia Winters
I think DDR is fun, but people look retarded on it regardless of how awesomely good they are at dancing around on it.
You haven't seen me. domokun People freak out when they see me play, and it's not because I'm doing some insane AAA on a ten footer; it's because I treat it like it's actual dancing and go with the flow of the steps.
I dislike DDR. It's a boring game and it makes fun of my terrible dancing skills. Makes me sad. crying
Aresia The Unholy
I dislike DDR. It's a boring game and it makes fun of my terrible dancing skills. Makes me sad. crying
Psh. I taught myself how to breakdance by playing DDR. wink
Madonna doing DDR isn't a very good mental thought.
I was never partial to actually dancing when playing it. Can you freestyle to max 300? No. I just like stomping around like a mofo. But seriously, no serious DDR player cares about how they look. XD It looks pretty damn silly whether you bar rape or not.
Zombie Lord Moses
I was never partial to actually dancing when playing it. Can you freestyle to max 300? No. I just like stomping around like a mofo. But seriously, no serious DDR player cares about how they look. XD It looks pretty damn silly whether you bar rape or not.
Er...I'm a very serious DDR player. I can AA any nine foot song, and can pass most ten foots (without bar rape). But even on nine foot songs like A Challenge mode and Saints go Marching, I can freestyle to the steps. It isn't very hard once you can recognize step patterns in the song.
DJFeO
Zombie Lord Moses
Er...I'm a very serious DDR player. I can AA any nine foot song, and can pass most ten foots (without bar rape). But even on nine foot songs like A Challenge mode and Saints go Marching, I can freestyle to the steps. It isn't very hard once you can recognize step patterns in the song.

Freestyle PSMO and Ill give you the biggest ******** cookie the universe has ever seen. Til then, Im not impressed. >>
Zombie Lord Moses
DJFeO
Zombie Lord Moses

Freestyle PSMO and Ill give you the biggest ******** cookie the universe has ever seen. Til then, Im not impressed. >>
I've heard from a friend that he saw a video of a guy freestyling on Max 300 heavy mode doubles. Said it was extremely impressive and had a hilarious ending. Have I proved myself? =o
Even without freestyling, some of the songs on Doubles, Standard or Hard Light mode, look pretty decent. I'm a fairly serious DDR player. You can actually make any song look decent, as you'd know if you were a real dancer (not being derogatory, lol, most people aren't dancers) you just swing your hips into it a little bit so it doesn't look like stomping.
i've never seen a music video with DDR in it. and i can barely handle standard mode. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff