Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Michelle Soulia
Obviously men and woman aren't going to see eye to eye on it. I've seen my mother struggle to support us on her own. I've known men that don't get to see their kids regularly but pay child support. Every situation is different and I'm not going to say it's the same for everyone.

And what about the men who lose their jobs and homes after giving 70% of their income to their ex for years?
They get sent to prison, that's what. No warning.
At least women have financial aid programs specifically for single mothers.
It's so typical for people to focus solely on the adversities of women. Meanwhile the suffering men have to man up.

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread

as a whole or those members who see fit to scream persecution every time a gust of wind ruffles the hair of a pristine flawless woman?

Any group that claims to be egalitarian, yet focuses only on the advancement of themselves is flawed and biased.
A while ago it was needed, but not anymore.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

as a whole or those members who see fit to scream persecution every time a gust of wind ruffles the hair of a pristine flawless woman?

Any group that claims to be egalitarian, yet focuses only on the advancement of themselves is flawed and biased.

how does one organize and support the pursuit of overall rights and privileges in a society obsessed with amending for the mistakes of its ancestors?

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

how does one organize and support the pursuit of overall rights and privileges in a society obsessed with amending for the mistakes of its ancestors?

High fives? That's a good question.
I would say raise awareness first. sweatdrop

We're probably going to end up with separate everything anyway because he has better credit than I do
(Full scholarship to college means he had no loans)

I'm not putting my name on anything my student loan debt will cause it to instantly burst into flames

M Grognon
Michelle Soulia
Obviously men and woman aren't going to see eye to eye on it. I've seen my mother struggle to support us on her own. I've known men that don't get to see their kids regularly but pay child support. Every situation is different and I'm not going to say it's the same for everyone.

And what about the men who lose their jobs and homes after giving 70% of their income to their ex for years?
They get sent to prison, that's what. No warning.
At least women have financial aid programs specifically for single mothers.
It's so typical for people to focus solely on the adversities of women. Meanwhile the suffering men have to man up.

I believe what he said was simply that it depends on the situation
Which it does
for pretty much everything ever

Dapper Dabbler

The Disarming Smile

Which it does

And you don't see that as a cop out?
The system itself is flawed and biased.
Why go on a case by case basis when it's statistically more likely to be harder on men?

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

High fives? That's a good question.
I would say raise awareness first. sweatdrop

awareness campaigns become merchandise campaigns

Wheezing Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
no kids= tons of free time money and no problems dramallama
M Grognon
The Disarming Smile

Which it does

And you don't see that as a cop out?
The system itself is flawed and biased.
Why go on a case by case basis when it's by statistically more likely to be harder on men?

Because part of the problem with the system is that it isn't on a case by case basis?
I mean if it's statistically harder unfairly on men then going a case by case basis would fix that?
They would evaluate everything accordingly based on this unique circumstance

For example my boyfriends mother somehow ended up paying her ex-husband half the worth of their house when he left and he doesn't pay any child support and argues that he only needed to pay half the cost of classes instead of half the cost of tuition when the her twins went to college
He never helps with medical bills and he took half the retirement fund and bought himself a condo apartment
He has a two masters degrees but says he doesn't like to work so he occasionally substitute teaches so that he can qualify as poverty level even though he could easily be placed in the NYC public school system since he has two god damn masters degrees in education and art
and he's certified to be a guidance councilor but it was "too much work" so he didn't do it

So yes things need to be evaluated carefully on a case by case basis because when stuff is rushed an no one asks real question this s**t happens because on paper he was destitute and jobless

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread

I wouldn't mind an egalitarian t-shirt. O:
I mean, how would you do it?

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

passive aggressive internet posts and trips to the hookah lounge

Dapper Dabbler

The Disarming Smile

Yeah, that guy's a scumbag... but you're more pointing out the systems tendency to leave loopholes.
You and I both know that courts don't just dole out rulings without evidence, or hearing from both plaintiff and defendant (minus very few exceptions).
We can assume then that they do, to an extent, go case by case.
That's not the problem. The problem is the general view our society has of the sexes.

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

passive aggressive internet posts and trips to the hookah lounge

My idea's better. emotion_donotwant

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100