Welcome to Gaia! ::

Discuss:

Are "minorities" or "non-minorities" really that intimidating to each other? 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 3 ]
Conversations that should have ended way too many sentences earlier. 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Trying too hard. 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
No one likes to be called the infamous "R-word" 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Background checks. Where can I do them? 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 2 ]
Other, similar uncomfortable situations. 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
< 1 2

Pretentious-b*****d

I suppose it is. This is a strange, unusual world we live in.

Yep. It's hard just to find a place to fit in.
I guess it's because of the way you see them in the media or what you hear in the news or see in music. You see a lot of black artists who rap about the mean streets, THIS along with seeing them on the news (I'm not even gonna find a nice way to say this) all the time for murdering or robbery, etc, gives them a real tough image..

Hell, I know a lot of black people and most of them have the same rough in your face way of speaking it doesn't faze me one bit, but I guess I could see why a lot of people are scared of them..

Same goes for Hispanics.
Problems like that arent common in my school. Everyone there is considered black. If you're white we just call you a "light-skinned nikka". And a joke like "You're like, one of the only black people that I'm not afraid of." Would normally be shrugged off and laughed at. Yay equality. heart
The only intimidation that a minority holds is the constant and ever present possibility of the cliche assumption towards, "Whites."

Or, the person whom is afraid has been traumatized by an earlier event in their life regarding said minority.

Or they have a weapon.
imaginaryleech
Pretentious-b*****d
imaginaryleech
I have tons of black friends. heart
I LOVE MY BLACK PEOPLES! 4laugh

edit**
what's the R word?
my nephew calls black people "basket ball players" lol the shiz cool. cool

That'd be 'racist'. surprised Really? Wow.

he's only 4. lawl.
racist I got it.
I think everyone at one point is racist against another race.
have you seen that one show on dateline?
they set up hidden cameras in a cab and the cab driver is acting like a racists mofo and he tells random people he picks up off the street how he "feels" about other races by putting them down and all that other stuff.
one lady said she wasn't racist and that it's mean that people call Mexicans and blacks the brown people. but when the cab driver said something about asians she immediately said "asians can't tell left from right"
bogus. *2 thumbs down*

Ohhhh. Ah, how people love to show their true colors. I suppose a lot of it is bogus, but despite knowing that beforehand it's still never nice to see out in the open.
Kolyarut
The only intimidation that a minority holds is the constant and ever present possibility of the cliche assumption towards, "Whites."

Or, the person whom is afraid has been traumatized by an earlier event in their life regarding said minority.

Or they have a weapon.
]
Ah, possibilities. ninja
Kaboodle
I guess it's because of the way you see them in the media or what you hear in the news or see in music. You see a lot of black artists who rap about the mean streets, THIS along with seeing them on the news (I'm not even gonna find a nice way to say this) all the time for murdering or robbery, etc, gives them a real tough image..

Hell, I know a lot of black people and most of them have the same rough in your face way of speaking it doesn't faze me one bit, but I guess I could see why a lot of people are scared of them..

Same goes for Hispanics.

I guess the media has something... "selective" about it's programming at times. Though, I admit that does clear some things up for me.
Pretentious-b*****d
imaginaryleech
Pretentious-b*****d
imaginaryleech

edit**
what's the R word?

he's only 4. lawl.
racist I got it.
they set up hidden cameras in a cab and the cab driver is acting like a racists mofo and he tells random people he picks up off the street how he "feels" about other races by putting them down and all that other stuff.
one lady said she wasn't racist and that it's mean that people call Mexicans and blacks the brown people. but when the cab driver said something about asians she immediately said "asians can't tell left from right"
bogus. *2 thumbs down*

Ohhhh. Ah, how people love to show their true colors. I suppose a lot of it is bogus, but despite knowing that beforehand it's still never nice to see out in the open.

but sadly it is and always will be out in the open.
Seitaro
Problems like that arent common in my school. Everyone there is considered black. If you're white we just call you a "light-skinned nikka". And a joke like "You're like, one of the only black people that I'm not afraid of." Would normally be shrugged off and laughed at. Yay equality. heart

Forgive my youthful naivety, but does that make me racist for being slightly bothered by the statement? It's been an issue that's been bothering me.
Daigashi
Pretentious-b*****d

I suppose it is. This is a strange, unusual world we live in.

Yep. It's hard just to find a place to fit in.

No kidding... 3nodding
imaginaryleech
Pretentious-b*****d
imaginaryleech
Pretentious-b*****d
imaginaryleech

edit**
what's the R word?

he's only 4. lawl.
racist I got it.
bogus. *2 thumbs down*

but sadly it is and always will be out in the open.

I suppose that's something we'll have to accept.
Happy New Year

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces