Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you hate America?

Yes 0.18095238095238 18.1% [ 19 ]
No 0.52380952380952 52.4% [ 55 ]
I don't know yet. (a.k.a. the poll whore option) 0.2952380952381 29.5% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
1 2 >

After watching countless episodes of The Colbert Report, and agreeing with Stephen on plenty, plenty of things involving America, I feel that I belong to America as well. I happen to believe and listen to most of what Stephen Colbert says, and I don't hate America as much as I did three years ago. Or maybe it's just because I like talking about American politics over Canadian politics, who knows?

But, I still love Canada, but my hostility towards America has definitely vanished.

Discuss:

Canadian politics vs. American politics
Liking other countries
The Colbert Report :3
Why I feel this way

(I didn't think this should go in the Politics section because this is a personal 'issue', and not some news in the world. This is also just an opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. Don't turn this into a flame war.)
Bush.

Curiosity. Do you guys hear about our (American) politics from Cananda and how screwed up it is? Like, with Bush, and California, Arnold. What do you guys think about it?

i try to

stay away from polotics

as they far exeed my mental capacity

Greedy Fatcat

2,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ai - Ya!
Bush.

Curiosity. Do you guys hear about our (American) politics from Cananda and how screwed up it is? Like, with Bush, and California, Arnold. What do you guys think about it?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm in Canada myself, and I get American News channels.
Therefor, yes most Canadians are familiar with Amnerican Politicans and how messed it is 3nodding
I honestly don't really get why people hate America so much.
Every nation has it's problems.

Then again, I'm not at all into politics.
politics are there so that people will cast votes for the guy they hope is right like bush for instince w/ out politics i dunt think he would be the president oh btw i love bush he is my freind for eva
Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Bush.

Therefor, yes most Canadians are familiar with Amnerican Politicans and how messed it is 3nodding

Ai-ya! Does your government hate ours? For example, a reason could be because of the Panama Canal.

Greedy Fatcat

2,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ai - Ya!
Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Bush.

Ai-ya! Does your government hate ours? For example, a reason could be because of the Panama Canal.

The only thing I know of about our government disliking/not agreeing to terms with.
Is that Canadian Governemt sees no point in have American and Candian Soldiers in Iraq and other countires for "War"
I don't know what you're talking about, about "Panama Canal".

Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Bush.

The only thing I know of about our government disliking/not agreeing to terms with.
Is that Canadian Governemt sees no point in have American and Candian Soldiers in Iraq and other countires for "War"

Ah yes. The Iraq war, which has gotten everyone's head turned towards our nation. Neways, maybe I'm wrong about the Panama Canal being in Canada. It's not recent, it's somewhere in history. But you probably know more things about Canada then I do, considering how you live there. So I wonder where the Panama Canal is...

Dapper Fatcat

I don't hate America. I just hate some of the ******** that are in it.
Ai - Ya!
Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Erotic Hormones
Ai - Ya!
Bush.

Ah yes. The Iraq war, which has gotten everyone's head turned towards our nation. Neways, maybe I'm wrong about the Panama Canal being in Canada. It's not recent, it's somewhere in history. But you probably know more things about Canada then I do, considering how you live there. So I wonder where the Panama Canal is...

The Panama Canal is in Central America. o.O

In Panama...

Dapper Citizen

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
i need to move to Canada. no american pigs and Canadians are just awesome. 3nodding
violetxrain
I honestly don't really get why people hate America so much.
Every nation has it's problems.

Then again, I'm not at all into politics.

Because people have a tendency of hating superpowers with freedom of speech and many weapons. Sounds pretty obvious to me. But people who concentrate on hating a country instead of it's politics aren't to be taken very seriously (as long as they don't have lots of explosives rolleyes )
I'm a dual citizen.

Americanadian.

I'm pretty thoroughly half and half.

3nodding

Clean Smoker

I love America. I don't like how America is right now, but America is what people make it.
Too many Americans are acting like they have no control, and as such are just turning into whinies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff