Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Homeless People

Are sad 0.24657534246575 24.7% [ 36 ]
Are bums 0.17808219178082 17.8% [ 26 ]
Are missunderstood 0.57534246575342 57.5% [ 84 ]
Total Votes:[ 146 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love homeless people.
Jaxay
FlyTrap
Jaxay
FlyTrap
Jaxay
FlyTrap

Some holding signs begging for food, jobs, and money.
Ever ask yourself, what is their story?

I already know their stories. Truly homeless people have plenty of resources for food and shelter and to get back on their feet again. Those with signs are professional scam artists, and I've met many.

One of many stories regarding these scamsters: a man I met named Toby, who had fake crutches and fake jacked-up teeth. He pulled in more than $500 per day with his sign, and spent his spare time travelling between three states where he was signed up to collect foodstamps and welfare.

Don't give to them. It promotes scam artists and the blight they are on our communities. If you want to help the homeless, give directly to the charities, shelters, and soup kitchens that help those truly down on their luck to get back on their feet.
Do you always see things so one sided? neutral

Are you always so dense? What part of my post did you not understand? In case you missed it, I stated that I have met MANY. Those are the facts and if you want to help, give directly to the charities, shelters, and soup kitchens, not the scamsters holding signs.
Calm down Fido

I appologize, after reading it again I understand what you meant a little more clearly.

In my city we have so many people with those signs, it really does tick me off because you can tell they arnt homeless...

It's Fifi, not Fido. blaugh
Ok gotcha lol wink

I suppose to test them out, try giving them food instead of money.
I've got to be honest. I have never seen a homeless person, I don't get out much. sweatdrop

Distinct Member

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I know about homelessness. I was homeless for a time back in March when we were living with my stepgrandmother, but she got angry over a dish that my sister had left out and she kicked me and my whole family out with no where to go.

It was rough; the only places where we could get food were closed when my parents were at work or required us to verify that we were homeless [how the ******** do you do that? Present to them your "I'm Homeless" slip?], we couldn't bathe or be clean for school or work, we were far from our schools and jobs and without gas money.

Lucky for me, Pandrogyny took me in. I lived with her family for 2 weeks-ish until my family could get back on their feet. In order to get the apartment we live in now, we had to take every penny of my college fund to get the down payment, put a couple of months in rent down, get utensils for eating and cooking, get food and water and electricity and all the commodities we would need.

As I later told my mother, I would rather have a place to live but have to work for college then have to work to live but have money for college.

Distinct Member

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
FlyTrap

There's a guy around here who never accepts money; only food. He's a nice enough guy, so when I see him (and I have some spare change), I usually stop by McDonalds and buy him a burger.
[.Vicodin.Dreams.]
I know about homelessness. I was homeless for a time back in March when we were living with my stepgrandmother, but she got angry over a dish that my sister had left out and she kicked me and my whole family out with no where to go.

It was rough; the only places where we could get food were closed when my parents weren't at work or required us to verify that we were homeless [how the ******** do you do that? Present to them your "I'm Homeless" slip?], we couldn't bathe or be clean for school or work, we were far from our schools and jobs and without gas money.

Lucky for me, Pandrogyny took me in. I lived with her family for 2 weeks-ish until my family could get back on their feet. In order to get the apartment we live in now, we had to take every penny of my college fund to get the down payment, put a couple of months in rent down, get utensils for eating and cooking, get food and water and electricity and all the commodities we would need.

As I later told my mother, I would rather have a place to live but have to work for college then have to work to live but have money for college.
That's rough, sorry you had to go through that...

I bet that has made you not take things for granted and a very strong person.
One time I went to Philly and this bum sang hit me baby one more time. I felt speical and gave him money rofl
[.Vicodin.Dreams.]
FlyTrap

There's a guy around here who never accepts money; only food. He's a nice enough guy, so when I see him (and I have some spare change), I usually stop by McDonalds and buy him a burger.
We have a local guy who never begs and has a cute little dog. We ran into him on Christmas eve and gave him a blanket and a pack of smokes to keep him warm. He shook our hand and was very gratefull...

Distinct Member

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
FlyTrap
That's rough, sorry you had to go through that...

I bet that has made you not take things for granted and a very strong person.

It really wasn't so bad. I was lucky, since Pandrogyny took me in. Because of her and her family, I had a place to sleep, a place to eat, somewhere to be clean and I was around people who cared. The only hard thing for me was not being able to contact my family. At the end of our homelessness, my mom forgot to call so I was freaked out that they were still outsome not safe...it was really scary.

I still take things for granted sometimes, but I now know that things could be a lot worse.
homeless people have their own set of stories. I once thought that homeless people were just lazy that they didnt want to get a job and just live off the streets, but when I got older, I realized the world we live in today and some just can find jobs and support their families. I always give money when I pass by a homeless person, but where I live now, I havent seen any..so yea
i always feel bad when i see a homeless person. even if they got there because of their own bad choices in life, no one deserves to live on the street.
There's this cool hobo that's always holding a sign that says "smile" on the free way off ramp.

He's my favorite. whee
well i have buhdist tendisys so i would if they ask nicely for it but if they were being dicks about it no
FFXSage
They need to get off their shiftless asses and get a job.
They CHOOSE to be homeless... they would rather sit around collecting Welfare, not paying taxes, and getting free cash from people than go out and try to make a living like the rest of us.

rolleyes Some can't help it. Maybe your house burns down and then you're homeless.. now what? ninja Its not all like its bad.
I always feel so sad when I see them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces