Yes (read 1st post) 0.57943925233645 57.9% [ 62 ]
Yes (didn't read 1st post) 0.14953271028037 15.0% [ 16 ]
No (read 1st post) 0.046728971962617 4.7% [ 5 ]
No (didn't read 1st post) 0.22429906542056 22.4% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

Pink Snow Blossom
Relina Kasai
what complete bull s**t! cirvicle cancer CANNOT be 100% prevented with proper sexual conduct, i'd like to meet the quack who came up with that s**t! who ever made that statement needs to be shot! they are pretty much demeaing any woman who had ever had HPV! thats like telling all those women who have fought aginst cancer, and died from it, that it's their own damn fault for being a slut! which DOES NOT cause cancer! then again, that's a touchy subject for me! my mom died from it, and i can tell you she had "proper sexual conduct"! we vaccinate kids aginst hep B which is an STD! how come no one is pitching a fit about that?

Just to clarify, the vaccine doesn't prevent the cancer itself, but HPV, which is a very common cause of the cancer. People are afraid that if women are protected against HPV, they won't be scared into abstaining until marriage.

People should not be scared into abstaining from sex until marriage. They should abstain because they want to, not because some religeous bigot visited their school and told them they would be doomed to a life of unhappiness, disease and deformed babies if they don't.
Relina Kasai
we vaccinate kids aginst hep B which is an STD! how come no one is pitching a fit about that?

Wow, my middle school vaccinated us against an STD. And I thought that school was run by old prunes!
aura_of_clarity
by the looks of it i think you mean HIV or AIDs, and i want to say i will personally kill anyone making rude comments about the Vaccine or scientists not working hard enough for a cure etc. Seeing as my Mother is a Scientist and her and her company are trying to find a cure as i type

No, I mean HPV, or Human Pamplona Virus. But I did hear of an HIV vaccine as well, which might be even more controversial because they might think it'll promote homosexuality and heroine use.
Pink Snow Blossom
aura_of_clarity
by the looks of it i think you mean HIV or AIDs, and i want to say i will personally kill anyone making rude comments about the Vaccine or scientists not working hard enough for a cure etc. Seeing as my Mother is a Scientist and her and her company are trying to find a cure as i type

No, I mean HPV, or Human Pamplona Virus. But I did hear of an HIV vaccine as well, which might be even more controversial because they might think it'll promote homosexuality and heroine use.

That is silly. Do they think that the threat of HIV puts people off being gay? Yeah right. They don't even choose to be gay to start with.
Elvendra
Pink Snow Blossom
aura_of_clarity

That is silly. Do they think that the threat of HIV puts people off being gay? Yeah right. They don't even choose to be gay to start with.

Yes, but there are a lot of conservative Christians who think otherwise.

invasora's Fav

Monster Streaker

I think it's quite dumb to just call HPV an STI, HPV doesn't just refer to one virus.

Genital HPV infection is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). Human papillomavirus is the name of a group of viruses that includes more than 100 different strains or types. More than 30 of these viruses are sexually transmitted.

That's from the CDC.

Even though that whole abstinence campaign is bullshit, they're also idiots because....

Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year.

This isn't about teens staying off sex for chrissake.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff