Welcome to Gaia! ::

my lover is a veggie. He stands by what he does.
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Eating meat and animal products is natural rolleyes
Like, bees aren't always abused to get honey. Why not eat honey?? That's why I don't understand vegans.

You can feed a dog on a vegan diet and they are undeniably carnivorous.

You can feed a cow on a carnivores diet and they are undeniably herbivorous.

Just because a species can get away with shoving anything into their mouths, and it coming out the other end, doesn't make them omnivorous. Meat and animal based products hold nothing of nutritional value for a human, fact. Everything about our anatomy point towards our herbivorous origins.

You could argue that rape, murder and cannibalism is natural. Its been happening since the beginnings of our species. But veganism isnt about where we've come from, its about where we want to go.

I'm a vegan. And i see nothing wrong with honey. With the mass decrease in bee populations world wide, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in encouraging the various species to make a come back.
I agree with most of this. I just don't understand how the honey works though. Bees aren't animals, but they definitely go through some suffication in order to make humans honey.
Madewell
it's really not necessary for humans to eat meat and dairy products. we can get all the proper nutrients from veggies, nuts, etc

but chicken is ******** delicious
People Vegan make matzo balls that literally taste like fried chicken. (But that's only when they fry them).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Most vegans or vegetarians that Ive met have some haughty sense of superiority because they dont eat meat and the like. I can understand their beliefs and why they practice it, however, they always seem to act so smug, like their choice of being a vegan or a vegetarian makes them better, while they try to belittle others for not doing the same.

My incisors, canines, and appetite for tasty dead animal contradict their attitudes and do not allow me room to debate on the frail intricacies of being like them.
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Like, bees aren't always abused to get honey. Why not eat honey?? That's why I don't understand vegans.

Just because a species can get away with shoving anything into their mouths, and it coming out the other end, doesn't make them omnivorous. Meat and animal based products hold nothing of nutritional value for a human, fact. Everything about our anatomy point towards our herbivorous origins.

You could argue that rape, murder and cannibalism is natural. Its been happening since the beginnings of our species. But veganism isnt about where we've come from, its about where we want to go.

I'm a vegan. And i see nothing wrong with honey. With the mass decrease in bee populations world wide, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in encouraging the various species to make a come back.

Do you eat honey then? I thought vegans couldn't eat honey.
I see what you mean about "where we want to go" and all and completely agree that the world would probably be a better place if all were vegan. But I think that there could be a healthy way for us to continue eating meat and meat products, too, we just don't use it yet.
I am too conflicted on this topic sweatdrop I was raised a vegan but now I eat fish and some dairy products.

I eat honey rarely, not really enthused about the taste but i have nothing against it. Its not that "we're not aloud" lol, the motivations behind veganism is not wanting to. Like, im not going to make much of a difference in rape and murder statistics if i dont do it, but i wont do it regardless, because i recognized there is a victim involved. Its a typical empathetic, moral choice...i dont understand why these same human responses are not triggered just because something has a different body/face.

Well lets look at this as a simple nutritional comparison.

Steak holds 40-50g of protein, saturated fat, cholesterol and B12. Similar for chicken, sausages etc

If i was to make a curry, a soup, some stew, some mash anything like that, any vegan meal basically lol, i'd be putting chickpeas, kidneybeans, lentils that sort of thing in it, aswell as any mixed veg, spices etc i like. In an average meal i'd be receiving about:

70-80g of protein, alot of fibre, alot of minerals and vitamins (including b12). Without the saturated fat, without the cholesterol.

There isn't a healthy way to use meat, it is what it is. The only way i see me being ok with someone eating meat is if scientific advances meant we could grow meat in a factory, like without a conscious animal being involved. I dont give a s**t if someone wants to be harmful to themselves if they are the only victim lol. It would kind be like smoking...but instead of lung cancer they would be obese and diabetic lol.

I tend to see meat like a pint of beer. It isn't good for you, but you can get away with it in small doses, its an indulgence. But then if someone offered me a pint and the only condition was i gave him permission to slit a dogs/pigs/cows/chickens throat, i'd pass and go find a pint that was victim less.
I really don't care or see why other people would be up in arms about it.
It's THEIR dietary practices and it's THEIR body.
It's not affecting me in any way at all either.
Sincere Sorrows
Daniel.EM
lanlee

I agree with most of this. I just don't understand how the honey works though. Bees aren't animals, but they definitely go through some suffication in order to make humans honey.

Im not really a huge honey fan. Its basically mucus lol.If i eat it, i eat wild forest honey, but as i say i rarely eat it. However, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in the various species, the only people who try to rescue them are bee keepers. Its a grey area i'll give you that. But in turn bee keepers help the wild environment aswell as crops.

I do know that without bee keepers introducing more bees into england the UK would have experienced a mass extinction of alot of plant life...wild and farmed.
Lucian Invictus
Most vegans or vegetarians that Ive met have some haughty sense of superiority because they dont eat meat and the like. I can understand their beliefs and why they practice it, however, they always seem to act so smug, like their choice of being a vegan or a vegetarian makes them better, while they try to belittle others for not doing the same.

My incisors, canines, and appetite for tasty dead animal contradict their attitudes and do not allow me room to debate on the frail intricacies of being like them.
I understand. I only talk about my Vegan choice to attempt encouraging others to try it. Not to make myself look cool. But that could be a bonus to make people convert haha.
I eat a predominantly vegan diet, and I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years.
Daniel.EM
Sincere Sorrows
Daniel.EM
lanlee

Well yeah. Definitely.

Im not really a huge honey fan. Its basically mucus lol.If i eat it, i eat wild forest honey, but as i say i rarely eat it. However, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in the various species, the only people who try to rescue them are bee keepers. Its a grey area i'll give you that. But in turn bee keepers help the wild environment aswell as crops.

I do know that without bee keepers introducing more bees into england the UK would have experienced a mass extinction of alot of plant life...wild and farmed.

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

I see what you mean about "where we want to go" and all and completely agree that the world would probably be a better place if all were vegan. But I think that there could be a healthy way for us to continue eating meat and meat products, too, we just don't use it yet.
I am too conflicted on this topic sweatdrop I was raised a vegan but now I eat fish and some dairy products.

I eat honey rarely, not really enthused about the taste but i have nothing against it. Its not that "we're not aloud" lol, the motivations behind veganism is not wanting to. Like, im not going to make much of a difference in rape and murder statistics if i dont do it, but i wont do it regardless, because i recognized there is a victim involved. Its a typical empathetic, moral choice...i dont understand why these same human responses are not triggered just because something has a different body/face.

Steak holds 40-50g of protein, saturated fat, cholesterol and B12. Similar for chicken, sausages etc

If i was to make a curry, a soup, some stew, some mash anything like that, any vegan meal basically lol, i'd be putting chickpeas, kidneybeans, lentils that sort of thing in it, aswell as any mixed veg, spices etc i like. In an average meal i'd be receiving about:

70-80g of protein, alot of fibre, alot of minerals and vitamins (including b12). Without the saturated fat, without the cholesterol.

There isn't a healthy way to use meat, it is what it is. The only way i see me being ok with someone eating meat is if scientific advances meant we could grow meat in a factory, like without a conscious animal being involved. I dont give a s**t if someone wants to be harmful to themselves if they are the only victim lol. It would kind be like smoking...but instead of lung cancer they would be obese and diabetic lol.

I tend to see meat like a pint of beer. It isn't good for you, but you can get away with it in small doses, its an indulgence. But then if someone offered me a pint and the only condition was i gave him permission to slit a dogs/pigs/cows/chickens throat, i'd pass and go find a pint that was victim less.

Where would the B12 be coming from?
I don't think killing an animal in a humane way is cruel at all. The meat industry is nowadays but... I don't know, I killed a chicken once, and no one was upset besides me. The chicken wasn't upset. It didn't know what was happening.

Greedy Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
my mom's a vegan every once in a while.
i respect her. but i feel sorry for the nasty veggies she eats
rofl
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

I don't think killing an animal in a humane way is cruel at all. The meat industry is nowadays but... I don't know, I killed a chicken once, and no one was upset besides me. The chicken wasn't upset. It didn't know what was happening.

Will either get it from engevita (a spice) or seaweed. Most vegetables especially root vegetables have alot of b12 on them anyway. Its a bacteria so it can be found in soil, in rocks, in water. It can be applied to almost anything. And we only need a trace amount.

There isn't a humane way to kill an animal. But having spoken to many people like you, i suppose your definition of humane is an electric shock to the temples and a slit throat.

An abatiour worker is payed per animal slaughtered. This means that most animals slaughtered are not killed swiftly. Workers will shock an animal for 3/4 seconds when the european guidelines are 10-15 seconds. Alot of pigs/cows will shake themselves out of their shackles. Calfs will be cut out and killed infront of their bleeding out mothers. All of this stuff isn't sensationalism. People dont wanna know.

Broken bones, live guttings, live boilings, live bleed outs are all a common occurrence in abatiours. Meat hooks in assholes...i could go on...i mean normal human beings cannot stand there killing ANYTHING all day.

Crime rates in villages that are home to abatiours sky rocket. People who do this are sick.

Trivializing what you did to the chicken wont help you cope with the guilt. The reaction you had is not a bad thing, you should be upset, it was a sadistic act.

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

Will either get it from engevita (a spice) or seaweed. Most vegetables especially root vegetables have alot of b12 on them anyway. Its a bacteria so it can be found in soil, in rocks, in water. It can be applied to almost anything. And we only need a trace amount.

There isn't a humane way to kill an animal. But having spoken to many people like you, i suppose your definition of humane is an electric shock to the temples and a slit throat.

An abatiour worker is payed per animal slaughtered. This means that most animals slaughtered are not killed swiftly. Workers will shock an animal for 3/4 seconds when the european guidelines are 10-15 seconds. Alot of pigs/cows will shake themselves out of their shackles. Calfs will be cut out and killed infront of their bleeding out mothers. All of this stuff isn't sensationalism. People dont wanna know.

Broken bones, live guttings, live boilings, live bleed outs are all a common occurrence in abatiours. Meat hooks in assholes...i could go on...i mean normal human beings cannot stand there killing ANYTHING all day.

Crime rates in villages that are home to abatiours sky rocket. People who do this are sick.

Trivializing what you did to the chicken wont help you cope with the guilt. The reaction you had is not a bad thing, you should be upset, it was a sadistic act.

I don't feel guilty for killing a chicken, perhaps your point is that I should. I knew I was killing it for food, and although perhaps it was not healthy food, the idea that it payed off in some way took away all my guilt.
Obviously I don't agree with all of your logic or anything, but I do think that for now, everyone should stop eating meat.
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee
Daniel.EM
lanlee

I don't feel guilty for killing a chicken, perhaps your point is that I should. I knew I was killing it for food, and although perhaps it was not healthy food, the idea that it payed off in some way took away all my guilt.
Obviously I don't agree with all of your logic or anything, but I do think that for now, everyone should stop eating meat.

Well, no, because you killed it.

Whether you binned, ******** or ate the corpse isn't the point.

"Getting something out of it" isn't a reason for anything. If it was thieves, murderers and rapists would be running the world. Thats a very warped sense of justice.

The point is, you could of gone to the shops and bought something, food thats healthier, just as tasty and without killing someone. And notice how i say someone, not something. It had things it enjoyed, things that scared him/her, it had emotions...a life, that he/she was probably very happy with.

And you ended all of that. It had one life, darkness for infinity before and darkness for infinity after. And you killed it for 5minutes of indulgence. For no reason. .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff