Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's come to my attention that no one seems to respect their beliefs, and practices within dietary plans.

I for one have true respect for the Vegans. And the Vegans only.

Friendly Friend

3,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I respect their choice, but not their attitude. If you tell someone you're a vegetarian/vegan without it being relevant, you're showing off and I don't approve.
stop making all these good threads

the gd can't handle such a good contributor

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Eating meat and animal products is natural rolleyes
Like, bees aren't always abused to get honey. Why not eat honey?? That's why I don't understand vegans.

Inkisitor Jester's Partner In Crime

Sparkly Fairy

10,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Megathread 100
My boyfriend's little sister has went vegetarian. I think it's just a phase.

Versatile Shapeshifter

I was a vegan for 6 mos.
They can't be trusted. They don't swallow.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
lanlee
Like, bees aren't always abused to get honey. Why not eat honey?? That's why I don't understand vegans.

You can feed a dog on a vegan diet and they are undeniably carnivorous.

You can feed a cow on a carnivores diet and they are undeniably herbivorous.

Just because a species can get away with shoving anything into their mouths, and it coming out the other end, doesn't make them omnivorous. Meat and animal based products hold nothing of nutritional value for a human, fact. Everything about our anatomy point towards our herbivorous origins.

You could argue that rape, murder and cannibalism is natural. Its been happening since the beginnings of our species. But veganism isnt about where we've come from, its about where we want to go.

I'm a vegan. And i see nothing wrong with honey. With the mass decrease in bee populations world wide, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in encouraging the various species to make a come back.
Retillias
I respect their choice, but not their attitude. If you tell someone you're a vegetarian/vegan without it being relevant, you're showing off and I don't approve.
I definitely agree with that. The only time I bring it up is when people ask me what I want to eat, my dietary plans, etc...

But then again, I do like to post about Vegan recipes.
don't really care
do what you want

i really don't care
you eat what you want
i'll eat what i want
Studio Ghibli Tales
My boyfriend's little sister has went vegetarian. I think it's just a phase.
You mean for her, or in general.
it's really not necessary for humans to eat meat and dairy products. we can get all the proper nutrients from veggies, nuts, etc

but chicken is ******** delicious
salomania
I was a vegan for 6 mos.
I think six months is a long time. What made you stop.

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Daniel.EM
lanlee

You can feed a dog on a vegan diet and they are undeniably carnivorous.

You can feed a cow on a carnivores diet and they are undeniably herbivorous.

Just because a species can get away with shoving anything into their mouths, and it coming out the other end, doesn't make them omnivorous. Meat and animal based products hold nothing of nutritional value for a human, fact. Everything about our anatomy point towards our herbivorous origins.

You could argue that rape, murder and cannibalism is natural. Its been happening since the beginnings of our species. But veganism isnt about where we've come from, its about where we want to go.

I'm a vegan. And i see nothing wrong with honey. With the mass decrease in bee populations world wide, bee keepers are the only people with an invested interest in encouraging the various species to make a come back.

Do you eat honey then? I thought vegans couldn't eat honey.
I see what you mean about "where we want to go" and all and completely agree that the world would probably be a better place if all were vegan. But I think that there could be a healthy way for us to continue eating meat and meat products, too, we just don't use it yet.
I am too conflicted on this topic sweatdrop I was raised a vegan but now I eat fish and some dairy products.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff