Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indeed. I was on my way to school, and the bus was driving along a really busy street, and when it stopped to pick someone up, I saw this little sheltie running by. So I got off and chased after it, and after about ten minutes, this lady got out of her car and joined me in the chase, and then it ran across the road and almost got hit twice, and then we chased it across the road. t ran into a not so busy street, and then went really far down and we couldn't catch up. And then this guy in a Canadian Tire van offered to let us come in the van and he would follow the dog. And so, after about another fifteen minutes of chasing the dog at full speed around the same block three times, he ran into a driveway and hid behind a shed. So then the lady, who had a leash from her car, squeezed behind the shed and managed to clip the leash to the dogs collar. So then, we got the dog into the van, and the guy drove us back to the lady's car, and she drove me back to my house, and so now I have a dog. Haha

Discussion: Would you have gone to so much trouble as I did to get the dog? Would you have just left it, or tried to catch it? Have you ever had a similar experience?
That was great. You definitely did the right thing. biggrin

I actually have gone through more trouble than that to get a dog, if you can believe it. My old dog Max had a tendency to run away, and so I would spend hours tromping through the woods with a hot dog and his leash, trying to find him. It was very stressful.
I spent a damn good 45 minutes chasing a chihuahua off of a major throughfare once. And nearly made squirrel roadkill out of its owners.
Nothing came from it. Saw the same dog on the same street and left the little thing to die.
Belp
Indeed. I was on my way to school, and the bus was driving along a really busy street, and when it stopped to pick someone up, I saw this little sheltie running by. So I got off and chased after it, and after about ten minutes, this lady got out of her car and joined me in the chase, and then it ran across the road and almost got hit twice, and then we chased it across the road. t ran into a not so busy street, and then went really far down and we couldn't catch up. And then this guy in a Canadian Tire van offered to let us come in the van and he would follow the dog. And so, after about another fifteen minutes of chasing the dog at full speed around the same block three times, he ran into a driveway and hid behind a shed. So then the lady, who had a leash from her car, squeezed behind the shed and managed to clip the leash to the dogs collar. So then, we got the dog into the van, and the guy drove us back to the lady's car, and she drove me back to my house, and so now I have a dog. Haha

Discussion: Would you have gone to so much trouble as I did to get the dog? Would you have just left it, or tried to catch it? Have you ever had a similar experience?

Sooo a strange man pulled up in a van and offered you a ride....and you took it. Didn't your parents ever tell you....
Are you going to find the dogs owners?
the dog already had a collar ?
Kid Nasty
That was great. You definitely did the right thing. biggrin

I actually have gone through more trouble than that to get a dog, if you can believe it. My old dog Max had a tendency to run away, and so I would spend hours tromping through the woods with a hot dog and his leash, trying to find him. It was very stressful.

Yikes. Haha, my dog used to jump over the fence all the time.

Aw, I'm looking at him right now, he's fast asleep on my bed. He was on my lap but he jumped off.
John Dreamer
the dog already had a collar ?

Yeah, but there was no liscence or nametag on it.

And when we were trying to get the dog into the lady's car, he slipped the collar and started running away, but the lady grabbed his leg. Haha.
I came home from work one day and there was a beagle asleep in my driveway. Once he woke up and saw me, he ran away. I sort of ignored it, but then twenty minutes later, he was in my back yard. I called Animal Control, since the Officer is a friend of mine. She told me that she'd come over and we'd try to catch it.

We failed, miserably. So she left and said if I caught it to call her.

So, I put out a dish of wet food and waited. Sooner or later, he came around. He was so hungry that he didn't run when I came out. Once he finished, I started to throw treats at him, slowly working his way towards me. When he finally took a treat from my hand, I looped a leash around his neck.

I took pictures of him, too!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I called Animal Control and she took him. The next day, his owner was found. He had been missing for five days.
Hayachu
Sooo a strange man pulled up in a van and offered you a ride....and you took it. Didn't your parents ever tell you....
Are you going to find the dogs owners?

Haha, we were desparate. He wasn't creepy looking or anything, either. He was wearing a suit.

Yeah, I called the pound, there have been no reports of a missing sheltie. They'll call me if anyone calls.
I also spent about a year working for Animal Control itself. So catching dogs was part of my daily routine. xd
Sariss
I came home from work one day and there was a beagle asleep in my driveway. Once he woke up and saw me, he ran away. I sort of ignored it, but then twenty minutes later, he was in my back yard. I called Animal Control, since the Officer is a friend of mine. She told me that she'd come over and we'd try to catch it.

We failed, miserably. So she left and said if I caught it to call her.

So, I put out a dish of wet food and waited. Sooner or later, he came around. He was so hungry that he didn't run when I came out. Once he finished, I started to throw treats at him, slowly working his way towards me. When he finally took a treat from my hand, I looped a leash around his neck.

I took pictures of him, too!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I called Animal Control and she took him. The next day, his owner was found. He had been missing for five days.

Aw, how cute. He's so thin!
My neighbors dog always gets out and runs to me in the morning to hump my leg. xd
SatanicDevil66
My neighbors dog always gets out and runs to me in the morning to hump my leg. xd

Ah, nothing like a good leg hump to start the day.
Sariss
I also spent about a year working for Animal Control itself. So catching dogs was part of my daily routine. xd

Ooh, really? That would be a fun job. Right now I work at the dog groomer's.
if I saw the dog had a coller or if I knew it I would but if the dog didn't look right then it might have had rabies I would take your new dog to a vet soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff