Welcome to Gaia! ::

There have been a lot of posts on homosexuality and subjects related to it.

however, one topic that I am interested in hearing about from you guys is:
What do you think of someone who, aside from just having a sexual preference, also has a different Gender preferance.

I work at a resource center for LGBTQ youth, and am friend with many people who are female but identify as male, or male who identify as female.

Some people don't even like to have a gender preference (which is where instead of being he or she, they are Zhe 'pronounced like the letter z')

Discuss topic

edit: I also forgot that another term for someone with a differen gender preference or pronoun is known as Trans, or, for those who comfortable with it, gender-queer
I identify as a female at times...actually alot online. Because...well I'm a transexual, I would rather physically be a girl than a guy. =/
Kacen
I identify as a female at times...actually alot online. Because...well I'm a transexual, I would rather physically be a girl than a guy. =/

such is the case with some people that I am friends with.
There are girls I know who do not feel like girls, and feel more comfortable being a guy.
i have never though of that. i role play a lot of women characters, but that is because i am better at it because i observe female personalities more.
cypherdtraitor
i have never though of that. i role play a lot of women characters, but that is because i am better at it because i observe female personalities more.

wel, yes, there are people out there who feel that the gender they are born as isn't their real gender.

For instance, a friend of mine, was once a lesbian, but now sees himself as a straight man, as opposed to a lesbian woman.
Now, I'm not gay, I do like girls, but I wish I was a girl. I always found girls cooler and better...

Now, a female brain and male brain are slightly different, like the 'wiring' to the body. Sometimes, a child in the womb develops a female brain, but the body then develops male by accident...or visa-versa. This is called Transexual. When those people reach puberty, things get a tad confuisng; for instance, everything feels 'wrong' and they begin to have urges to be the opposite sex. I am one of them...I feel very feminin on the inside...and it sucks being male on the outside... v.v;
I know people like that... i wonder how psychologically that happens... where you don't feel like the gender you were born... and is it something in the brain, or is it how you were brought up.... hm..
theres a gay couple on my next street, one of them looks like a guy but is really a girl, she wears womans clothes so ppl just think that shes a cross-dresser when actally shes wearing clothes that is for her gender

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Although I'm gay, I am glad I am a guy. I'm not being gender-ist (if that's even a word) because I do not honestly think that guys are superior to women altogether. I am glad to have a p***s, and I am also glad that I don't have a period. Those are my main reasons...

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Noemie-Cujean
I know people like that... i wonder how psychologically that happens... where you don't feel like the gender you were born... and is it something in the brain, or is it how you were brought up.... hm..
It seems like it would be all in the brain; genetic or something.

The way you're brought up seems like it could only clash, since no one raises their children, planning for them to feel out of place in their bodies.
I am gay, and I cross-dress...I just want to have the female personality things, and it's just fun to be the other sex. But I'm not un-happy that I'm a guy,so I dunno if that counts xD!
Soijaka
I am gay, and I cross-dress...I just want to have the female personality things, and it's just fun to be the other sex. But I'm not un-happy that I'm a guy,so I dunno if that counts xD!

See, I'm a guy, and I am gay.
I do performances sometimes, but not as a drag queen, as a bio-king.
I don't feel comfortable as a woman, however, androgyny is something that I am sometimes known for.
[[ Eden ]]
I do not honestly think that guys are superior to women altogether.

That is a very sexist thing to say.... -_-;
[[ Eden ]]
Noemie-Cujean
It seems like it would be all in the brain; genetic or something.

The way you're brought up seems like it could only clash, since no one raises their children, planning for them to feel out of place in their bodies.

It is not genertic actually, there is nothing genetic about being transgender, homosexual and so forth.

There is actually a study that has been done comparing transgenders men to women and transgender women to men. I believe that the the substantia nigra of the hypothamalmus is smaller in women and larger in men, and they discovered that transgender men have smaller substantia nigra then men, similar to women and transgender women had a larger substantia nigra then women, similar to men.
see, the Trans people that I know think that they born the wrong gender, and that it's something they've always felt, since childhood, which is why they were so uncomfortable with themselves when they hit puberty

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff