Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lover

everyone needs help so youre a good guy to help him but dont be a low life poser when someone helps you like that
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
wow, i would tell him to get out.
he needs to work enough to support himself.
tell him to have some humility.
wow you're the only person i know that likes oOoOO
wtf marry me

sorry unrelated but yeah he lacks the ability to be grateful
he blurts out the words "i'll pay you back" like nothing.

I don't think he understands what those words mean.

i had a friend like that
he'd always be there in hanging out with all of my friends
& we'd go out to go get food and he'd mooch of of me
because i can't say no ever...
i couldn't take it anymore, i just dropped him out of my life
running away from things that bother me is an acceptable answer right?

and oh i'm glad you like him too.
all my friends say my music is strange and it's sad.

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sounds like he needs some tough love.
Throw him out.

He needs a reality check to get better.

Big Tipper

Areku no Kimi
I feel you so hard on this. Reading this I'm like "you ******** IDIOT" but only because I've gone through a very similar situation and it obviously didn't end well (for my bank account). It's hard to turn people away knowing that no one else would be willing to help, but some people are losers and always will be no matter how much you help. Cut him off.
Yeah we got acquainted because we both used to live in these shitty apts on the east side & he also works at the same mall I do @ barton creek. I've voluntarily housed many people on my couch and he is by far the person who is the most helpless, ungrateful, and what pisses me off the most is that he HAS the capabilities and assets he needs to succeed (not even that, just to ******** GET BY)

Millionaire

9,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
    n** it in the bud. He's going to keep doing this and you know it. Tough love taught my older brother, and apparently still is. He'll learn too. My brother's in the "I'm still climbing back up from rock bottom but I'm gettin there." stage of improvement.

Big Tipper

Ghoul Bebe
I'm ashamed to say this but for 5 months I dated a guy JUST like this friend of yours. He was also borderline homeless, narcissistic and quite frankly a leech. I would buy him groceries, I let him live with me for a few weeks, I did his laundry and so much more. I did so much to try and help him get his life together all for nothing. I found him a job that paid $400 a week; he quit it after a few weeks. He wasted all of the money on useless things.

So eventually I gave up trying to help him. And yes, he eventually became homeless. But that was the kick in the a** he needed. He hit ROCK BOTTOM and realized he had to take responsibility for his life. No more excuses. No more waiting for things to come to him.

He has a well paying job. A home. A car. He's doing perfectly fine now.

Basically what I'm saying is that you need to be firm and explain that your apartment is not just your home, it's your roommate's home. Think of your poor roommate. They just want to come home and relax. This is causing you a lot of stress in a place where you are supposed to feel at peace. He can't stay with you. He can't come back. This will be good for him! It feels awful, I know, and you will feel so guilty. But maybe this guy needs to hit rock bottom too. People like him just can't be babied. They need to learn that rent and groceries and all that they've been dreaming of won't just fall from the sky into their laps. Tough love, bro. Tough love.

You seriously can't be his mommy anymore.
This is probably the best thing I've read. If I could copy paste this & just convince him that he needs to be independent. I really hope surviving on his own fixes the plethora of other problems too.

You can't just make someone not be obnoxious & fat, after all emotion_puke
I have high hopes that I'm making the right decision letting him go

Big Tipper

diglet dig
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
wtf marry me

i had a friend like that

i believe so
i mean there's the food mooch

and then there's a leech, like a ******** parasite that latches onto your entire being. that's just the worst.

yeah my friend got me into him && similar s**t like shlohmo, com truise, baths, tycho, slow magic, etc
idk I like strange, sad music

Beloved Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Hero 100
I would just be honest with him and tell him that you want to help him, but that he needs to get his s**t together because he's taking advantage of your kindness. Tell him that if he doesn't at least try (and try hard), you'll boot him to the curb within a couple of days. And maybe outline some rules, like, "This is my food, betch, if you're hungry, buy your own, or at least ask..." and "Showers. Every day. And deodorant. No one wants to hire someone who stinks, it's for your own good."

Big Tipper

make me starry eyed
He's like a really shitty pimple you just need to pop out of your life

Seriously though
Not worth your time
lol hahaha this analogy wins
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
wtf marry me

i had a friend like that

i believe so

and then there's a leech, like a ******** parasite that latches onto your entire being. that's just the worst.

yeah my friend got me into him && similar s**t like shlohmo, com truise, baths, tycho, slow magic, etc

he was leechy too.
always promising me to pay me back when i bought him cigs.
i even paid for him to see a show he really wanted to see.
then when he would get money he'd blow it on stuff for himself and i'd never see a penny.

what a good friend. i saw tycho 4/20 hehehe it was the best of easters this year!
what other kind of music are you into?

Friendly Gaian

11,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Sir Gjom

Put him out.
The only thing that will fix this is tough love at this point.
Gotta agree with Aaron. He's right!

Victory

Marc Demaco
Areku no Kimi
I feel you so hard on this. Reading this I'm like "you ******** IDIOT" but only because I've gone through a very similar situation and it obviously didn't end well (for my bank account). It's hard to turn people away knowing that no one else would be willing to help, but some people are losers and always will be no matter how much you help. Cut him off.
Yeah we got acquainted because we both used to live in these shitty apts on the east side & he also works at the same mall I do @ barton creek. I've voluntarily housed many people on my couch and he is by far the person who is the most helpless, ungrateful, and what pisses me off the most is that he HAS the capabilities and assets he needs to succeed (not even that, just to ******** GET BY)

Doesn't seem like he does stare
I mean, you're clearly putting in the time and patience for him and he knows he could have found a job by now. He's walking all over you because he thinks he can get away with being lazy at your place for a little while longer. there's not much you can do to make someone responsible.

PS which store do you work at so I can come stalk you twisted

Big Tipper

diglet dig
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
Marc Demaco
diglet dig
wtf marry me

i had a friend like that

i believe so

he was leechy too.
always promising me to pay me back when i bought him cigs.
i even paid for him to see a show he really wanted to see.
then when he would get money he'd blow it on stuff for himself and i'd never see a penny.

what a good friend. i saw tycho 4/20 hehehe it was the best of easters this year!
what other kind of music are you into?
god. scum of the earth i swear. i don't understand how people can ******** someone over like that, and I don't think I ever will. one time this guy i'm talking about "borrowed" about $50 and I had enough $$$ to kind of have a cushion so I didn't think it mattered at the time since I get paid every other week and he promised to pay me back the following week.

he paid me back alright. a month later.
and I was in a huge financial deficit when my paycheck was really shitty due to hours being cut. i wanted to punch him in the face. that was the last I really saw of him before this week.

ahhhh nice, I love them! i have dive on vinyl! that is such a hard question for me to answer. I love mac demarco (obv), but i guess i have a lot of love for a lot of those "soundcloud-esque sounding" bands as well as broken social scene, father john misty, black moth super rainbow, metronomy, of montreal, strfkr, flaming lips, chromeo, daft punk, m ward, grimes, && lately a lot of good oldies ~ t.rex, leonard cohen, lou reed, rolling stones, & a bunch others. I'd like to think I'm pretty well rounded in this dept

Big Tipper

Areku no Kimi
Marc Demaco
Areku no Kimi

Doesn't seem like he does stare
I mean, you're clearly putting in the time and patience for him and he knows he could have found a job by now. He's walking all over you because he thinks he can get away with being lazy at your place for a little while longer. there's not much you can do to make someone responsible.

PS which store do you work at so I can come stalk you twisted

I know that's why I kinda changed succeed to "get by" maybe...barely. the point is, he's not homeless, but he has the helplessness of one.

^^ I work at skechers, just come on in & ask for Mark. I HAVE YET TO MEET A LOCAL GDER OH GOD WE SHOULD DO THIS. Totes. Stalk me. Do it. I'm only gonna be working here for another month. I hate retail. I'm going back to bartending haha.

Angelic Lunatic

8,175 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Take out the trash already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers