Welcome to Gaia! ::

RichardSimmonsLovesYou
but why would I care about what you think of our history?

...because bleeding heart activists tell you to?
Eric Wolfborn
Ziffonborg
I think its degrading. Like the Gays need to be there.

It's a little like affirmative action: Black students who did do the work, and did make the grade only get into schools because they were black.

In this case, people only learn about gays because they were gay, not because they did anything.

Actually, it's people that did something and happen to be gay.

It's not as if they're going to throw random gay people into text books.
That = Stupid and Pointless.

Why does it matter who they have sex with again? It's just differencing themselves even FURTHER from hetrosexuals.

People should be united. sad
im not anti-gay at all...but i believe putting gay history in books would be like having madatory religion classes. i dont think we should force these ideas at all on students. the government should let the students decide, it could be like an extra history class or something. plus i dont think gay/lesbian/bi/trans history is that prominent. but whatever.
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Ziffonborg

It's a little like affirmative action: Black students who did do the work, and did make the grade only get into schools because they were black.

In this case, people only learn about gays because they were gay, not because they did anything.

Ok, so: Plato was one of the greatest thinkers of the philosophical age. His teachings have inspired numerous schools of philosophical thought, including the great german masters, and his thoughts are still being discussed feverishly today. Oh, and he sometimes had sex with men, in case you were wondering.

I thought sexuality didn't matter. Why does it now?
Eric Wolfborn
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Arbonite
It's allowing special rights. I agree that maybe they should point out a couple, but a whole bunch? That's just speacial treatment.

If the person wasn't even important enough for a historical footnote, why should they be pointed now out because they were gay? It doesn't make them special. Same criteria apply. If you didn't do anything important enough to be made note of, you sure as hell don't get in my history book because you sucked some other dude's d**k.

Are you opposed to black history month? Or any refrence to someone who contributed to history notably because of their race?

Actually, yes. Accomplishments are accomplishments. Martin Luthor King wasn't great because he was black. He was great because of his ideals.

Then you forget that blacks were heavilly opressed. The reason that they make note of persons who contributed to history and were black is because they accomplished something while being segregated. They acchieved something while being attacked for who they were.
They can have the people, but why make a big deal about thier sexual oreintation?

Besides, its friggin California!
Eric Wolfborn
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Ziffonborg

Ok, so: Plato was one of the greatest thinkers of the philosophical age. His teachings have inspired numerous schools of philosophical thought, including the great german masters, and his thoughts are still being discussed feverishly today. Oh, and he sometimes had sex with men, in case you were wondering.

**spits out very hot coffee**

I'LL NEVER READ PLATO'S WRITINGS AGAIN!
Eric Wolfborn
RichardSimmonsLovesYou
but why would I care about what you think of our history?

...because bleeding heart activists tell you to?

LOL
Wake me up when I give a s**t.
Eric Wolfborn
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Ziffonborg

It doesn't matter that Plato had sex with men because at the time such things were acceptable.

Get what I mean?
I think that at least the Stonewall Riots should be mentioned. Something about the fight for equal rights for homosexuals. I don't think that they need to mention the orientation of all gay historical figures however unless it is relavent to the discussion going on in the class room.
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Arbonite
It's allowing special rights. I agree that maybe they should point out a couple, but a whole bunch? That's just speacial treatment.

If the person wasn't even important enough for a historical footnote, why should they be pointed now out because they were gay? It doesn't make them special. Same criteria apply. If you didn't do anything important enough to be made note of, you sure as hell don't get in my history book because you sucked some other dude's d**k.

Are you opposed to black history month? Or any refrence to someone who contributed to history notably because of their race?

Actually, yes. Accomplishments are accomplishments. Martin Luthor King wasn't great because he was black. He was great because of his ideals.

Then you forget that blacks were heavilly opressed. The reason that they make note of persons who contributed to history and were black is because they accomplished something while being segregated. They acchieved something while being attacked for who they were.

Yes, yes, yes, triumph over adversity and all that fluffy crap. Look, if it didn't help change the world, it doesn't matter.

Say I'm black. I live in a redneck town. They don't want me to eat at the diner. I do it anyway. Does that make me a textbook worthy hero? No.

Gays haven't been persecuted until very recently. there's not even any adversity. It's just pointlessly drawing attention to sexuality and differentiating between straight people and gay people. I thought gay people wanted less attention drawn to their sexuality? Again, why is it important?
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Yozo
Eric Wolfborn
Ziffonborg

It doesn't matter that Plato had sex with men because at the time such things were acceptable.

Get what I mean?

Again, persecuting gays has only been a major issue in recent history. In that time, there has been very little of note.
stare stare stare
Taichi-K54
stare stare stare

Very profound.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items