Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't like the way they look.
what does it even matter? they're just pixels after all, not like they affect any significant portion of our existance. Charlie's been wearing the same outfit since he became my co-main account
EatYouAlive
*Looks at himself* I bought this cause it was the first article of clothing that interested me.

It's all about what you like. Don't worry about other people. No matter what anyone looks like people are going to critisize. It's inevitable. *shrugs*
ryokomon
It's just common that n00bs either have their avatars walking around in their underwear because they only joined to troll, or they have the flame clothes. I'm not being elitist, it's just what they wear. Obviously, not all n00bs where them and some people who aren't n00bs where them. It just happens to be in the idiot isle of the Gaia clothing department.

Ya, I'm a noob. I'm just saving up to by something halfway decent the first time out. Personally, I think the underwear looks better than the peasant clothes. I thought about looking for some boxing gloves so I can pass as a boxer. xd
Yes, I went around in underwear and were claws for a while. xd

Dapper Hunter

I think people are too into the clothing thing, yeah its part of gaia, but some of it is luck(random events), funding(if you can donate or not), and how much time you have to spend on the site a day. The clothing is just how you want your little online self to look, I'm wearing what I am now because my girlfriend thinks itscute. Just like in real life, especially high school, people will harass you for how you dress if they don't like it, its one of the things that you have to deal with. I don't think the flame stuff looks that great, but thats just my taste, I don't like clothing with designs and stuff put on them, but thats just me.

In the other forums and subforums I post in(usually the TTG and books) I have never heard a persons clothing mentioned in a post at all. Then again, those are much smaller communities than here.

Like people have said, I think you should wear what you want and not have to deal with being called out or whatever else for it. Clothes are clothes, pixel or real cloth, in a forum whats important is that you can communicate respectfully and intelligently with the people around you.

Thats just my opinion though, and I'm sure some people will disagree.
Flucy
And who is the group "you elitists"? Most of the prommies wore flame clothes and made them an ava fashion statement.
Is there really a group that goes around seeing people wearing flame clothes making decent posts and just for the heck of it says something about their clothes? I don't think so. >.>
Now if an idiot makes a n00b post and wears flame clothes, I have seen a few "nice pants" comments. But that is a n00b being a n00b, not the clothes.

I judge certain people by their avatar. For example, a gay guy that has an avatar in all pink, skimpy clothing, with a bow in his hair or something, I always make a point to tell them "Thank you for supporting gay stereotypes."

As for the flame clothes, I'm a sucker for black and blue, the flame clothes were cheap, thus I (As well as other newbies) bought them. Gaia is so big, the non-internet savvy people come onto it, buy flame clothes, and show off their inability to show any type of internet courtesy or grammar, thus the majority of n00bs wear flame clothes, and it's become part of the "stereotype."
StreetDeacon
ryokomon
It's just common that n00bs either have their avatars walking around in their underwear because they only joined to troll, or they have the flame clothes. I'm not being elitist, it's just what they wear. Obviously, not all n00bs where them and some people who aren't n00bs where them. It just happens to be in the idiot isle of the Gaia clothing department.

Ya, I'm a noob. I'm just saving up to by something halfway decent the first time out. Personally, I think the underwear looks better than the peasant clothes. I thought about looking for some boxing gloves so I can pass as a boxer. xd

Correction: youre a newbie. You seem okay to me, definatly unlike the 'hEy Im NeW wIlL u B mY gF?' n00bs post stuff like that. Newbies post stuff like "Hi, I'm new. I don't understand how to get gold. Can someone please give me some tips?"
I think the flame shirt goes pretty nicely with my avatar, but I did buy it when I was new.
Just because they look extremely weird.
And it just immediatly makes me think 'N00B! NUUUU!!!!'
MyDarkestHour
StreetDeacon
ryokomon

Correction: youre a newbie. You seem okay to me, definatly unlike the 'hEy Im NeW wIlL u B mY gF?' n00bs post stuff like that. Newbies post stuff like "Hi, I'm new. I don't understand how to get gold. Can someone please give me some tips?"

Ya if I have a question I do a search, and usually, someone else has asked that same question.

I donated $5 earlier. Maybe I'll get something cool. If not, oh well. It's just 5 bucks.

Thanks for saying I'm okay biggrin
Meh. Until I finally save up enough for a Gung Xi outfit, I'm not buying anything else. Seeing as how not a single person would donate or help my Gung Xi quest, I gotta say this will take a while. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff