Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, lets face it, period pain is very very unpleasant. I for one would rather have a virus for the same time. What do you guys do as a prevention, or at least something that leaves you able to function at school/work.

I try not to have too much salt, and if that fails- I load myself up with codeine. It works.

Oh, and please don't spam this topic with stupid posts, this is a real problem with some people.
Periods suck. There is basically nothing you can do about it until you get older. In the future, I am sure they will create something to prevent the cramps and pain and all that jazz, but for now, you have to deal with it. Period. :
Masturbation. Not always available for an attack, but still very good. Myself, I took Midol and it worked wonders, and then I got on the Pill. I love the Pill, it's amazing the transformation. I used to get nauseated and crampy to the point of being handicapped before and now...I can barely tell I have a period. It's there for a few days, then it's gone. That's the best course of action, if you can get a Rx.
I workout days before i can feel it coming and sometimes during, it relieves alot of the cramp pain and eases blood flow. i don't eat greasy foods during eat either.
yea working out and a proper diet helps a lot ^_^ trust me i play soccer
Prescription pain killers. Really, in my case, it's teh only thing that can keep me up some months.

Really, sometimes it'S so bad, I've got fever and chills at the same time (for a period... who has fever and chills during a period!?!) sometimes some numbness or semi-paralysis in my lower body... not to mention terrible back pains... Pain killers help, so is trying to go to bed by repeating: "It doesn't hurt". Nothing scientific about that last one, more placebo effect, but at least it takes your mind off the pain and into what you're saying untill you fall asleep.
I no longer get my period.
Yay for birth control!
I feel sorry for those who get period pains; I'm one of the few who don't, but every few months I get cramps to the point where I'm almost being sick.
Painful gonk
I dunno HOW this works..but er..my sister used to ask me to sit on her belly..she said it helped her feel better razz
Of course at the time i was too little to get what she was on about..but i obliged biggrin

ME<--don't get hurties at all,pity those that do.
Does this thread really belong in this forum?
wink well its here now..so lets talk about it
There are also those warm pillow things you heat up in a microwave.. I hear it enables your muscles to relax more. Good diet and exercise will fix SO MANY problems with people.. You should also make sure you don't keep tampons in too long, because those will really screw you up if you don't use them correctly. Try to use the lowest absorbancy possible. Using a high absorbancy tampon at the end of your period may give you cramps, especially if you keep them in longer than the suggested time. You might try alternating pads with tampons, but I really have no idea what you use so this may not help at all.

Edit: Try finding a book on this! I know that this subject is mentioned in the book c**t. It's a feminism book with lots of other stuff, but I know the author had HUGE problems with her cramps.. to the point where she felt like throwing up sometimes.

Sparkly Genius

2,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
take a nice hot bath and some tylenol at school. try not to eat bunches.
Painkillers involving codeine is good! It makes me look stoned though so I have to drink a lot of coffee to counteract the drowziness when I have school and work and stuff. Yoga for some reason really helps my breathing coz I have a slight oxygen problem that leads to dizziness and feeling tired and weak. I have a friend who once actually passed out her pain was so bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff