Fiath 0.4656862745098 46.6% [ 95 ]
Dedes 0.5343137254902 53.4% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 204 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
Shinobi White
Faith alone, unsupported by works, is nothing but hypocrisy and halfheartedness.

Deeds alone are nothing, as one must have faith to be saved.

Draw your own conclusions.
Where does it say this in the Bible?

SPARKZ31
Yes i would do them regardless. and i dont do them for the reward i do them for god. self satisfaction is only something extra
And if it was painful to do God's work?
then there would be no point in doin it becuase u wouldnt want to do it.
So people only have faith so long as it is pleasurable to them. As I said, selfish.
truely
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
Shinobi White
Faith alone, unsupported by works, is nothing but hypocrisy and halfheartedness.

SPARKZ31
Yes i would do them regardless. and i dont do them for the reward i do them for god. self satisfaction is only something extra
So people only have faith so long as it is pleasurable to them. As I said, selfish.
your not understanding my point. if u do good deeds and dont want to. ur just doing it for god right? if ur just doing it for god then ur basicaly bribing god to let u in. if a man spent his whole life doing good deeds but didnt like doing them and then god told him that he couldnt go to heaven that guy would be really pissed. doing the work of god should satisfy u. u think god wants u to be miserable ur whole life?
Shokushu
Shinobi White

The first: It doesn't. It's plain logic. Saying one thing and doing another is hypocrisy and halfheartedness.

The second: It's already been mentioned that "He who does not believe will not be saved". I don't remember the verse though.

It DOES say, in the Letter to the Church at Laodicea in Revelation 3:14, "Be either hot or cold, for if you are lukewarm I shall spit you out." Hypocrisy and halfheartedness are the worst sins you can commit.
the thing with some people is they only serve God when its conveinient
le-cure
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
Shinobi White

SPARKZ31
truely
yea that would be selfish but thats not wat im saying. im saying that u shouldnt live a life u dont want to live. you would die feeling as if u lived an unfafilled life. you have to want to do gods work.
Shinobi White
Shokushu
Shinobi White

The first: It doesn't. It's plain logic. Saying one thing and doing another is hypocrisy and halfheartedness.

The second: It's already been mentioned that "He who does not believe will not be saved". I don't remember the verse though.

It DOES say, in the Letter to the Church at Laodicea in Revelation 3:14, "Be either hot or cold, for if you are lukewarm I shall spit you out." Hypocrisy and halfheartedness are the worst sins you can commit.
actually the worste sin is blasphimy
SPARKZ31
your not understanding my point. if u do good deeds and dont want to. ur just doing it for god right? if ur just doing it for god then ur basicaly bribing god to let u in. if a man spent his whole life doing good deeds but didnt like doing them and then god told him that he couldnt go to heaven that guy would be really pissed. doing the work of god should satisfy u. u think god wants u to be miserable ur whole life?
No, you should do the work of God because you have faith- faith in his existance, faith in his glory, and faith that he knows best. You should have faith that God is right, not just that he exists and that you should try to win his favor.
le-cure
the thing with some people is they only serve God when its conveinient
yea that happens alot. iv had a very personal experience where that happend
SPARKZ31
le-cure
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu

truely
yea that would be selfish but thats not wat im saying. im saying that u shouldnt live a life u dont want to live. you would die feeling as if u lived an unfafilled life. you have to want to do gods work.
But doing it to please yourself is essentially the same as lust.
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
Shinobi White

SPARKZ31
I think you're missing the point. If you do Gods' deeds without really wanting to, does that mean you really have faith? If you blindly do what someone asks of you without believing in the cause, does that make it right to do? The part about satisfying yourself is good and all, but it seems to me like those are the only types of deeds you'd do. It's not about satisfying yourself, it's about doing the work of God. That's what faith is about. No one ever said that getting to heaven would be easy. No one ever said anything would be easy. You can't live in a house without paying for it, right? If all it takes to get to heaven is to love God, and do what he wants, then I'll gladly pay that toll.
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
No, you should do the work of God because you have faith- faith in his existance, faith in his glory, and faith that he knows best. You should have faith that God is right, not just that he exists and that you should try to win his favor.
i kno that. im not saying your wrong im just saying that one should be happy to do gods work not simply becuase they feel they're being forced to
le-cure
Shinobi White
Shokushu
Shinobi White

actually the worste sin is blasphimy
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is pretty high up there. But can it condemn even the faithful in Christ?
Joseph_Katsuya
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu

I think you're missing the point. If you do Gods' deeds without really wanting to, does that mean you really have faith? If you blindly do what someone asks of you without believing in the cause, does that make it right to do? The part about satisfying yourself is good and all, but it seems to me like those are the only types of deeds you'd do. It's not about satisfying yourself, it's about doing the work of God. That's what faith is about. No one ever said that getting to heaven would be easy. No one ever said anything would be easy. You can't live in a house without paying for it, right? If all it takes to get to heaven is to love God, and do what he wants, then I'll gladly pay that toll.
xd you people are misunderstanding me. i kno that one should do gods will regardless but if u dont want to do it then u might as well move on to another religion becuase ur just doing it to save urself. if u do things just to get into heaven then ur just looking our for urself not really doing it because god wants you to
SPARKZ31
Joseph_Katsuya
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
SPARKZ31
Shokushu

xd you people are misunderstanding me. i kno that one should do gods will regardless but if u dont want to do it then u might as well move on to another religion becuase ur just doing it to save urself. if u do things just to get into heaven then ur just looking our for urself not really doing it because god wants you to
Hmm. Guess that's what it seemed like I said, isn't it?

Bah, I probably shouldn't even be talking, I have so much to learn.
Move to another religion? You make it sound like a sport or something. Like if something in one religion doesn't suit your likes, you take up another cause it works for you. Isn't religion based on belief, as oppose to the actions you take?
Joseph_Katsuya
SPARKZ31
Joseph_Katsuya
SPARKZ31
Shokushu
Hmm. Guess that's what it seemed like I said, isn't it?

Bah, I probably shouldn't even be talking, I have so much to learn.
Move to another religion? You make it sound like a sport or something. Like if something in one religion doesn't suit your likes, you take up another cause it works for you. Isn't religion based on belief, as oppose to the actions you take?
yea

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces