Welcome to Gaia! ::

Euthanasia is the act of humane killing. Usually used when people are suffering on a hospital. Will never talk again, will never move again. Basically a vegetable. There are different ways for this though... One is using pain killers on the patient until their heart just stops. Another way is removing a feeding tube where they starve. Like the Terry Shiavo case. A doctor named Cavorqian used Euthanasia to end people's misery. He used the painless way by injecting pain killers after pain killers to end their lives and send them on to the next world. In so, using this treatment, Cavorqian was given a lifetime in prison... Is this justice, or is it unfair

Discuss:
Eunthansia and the act - is it right or wrong
Is it unfair that Cavorqian was sent to prison
Have you ever had to go through that with one of your family members and how did you feel about your family having to make a decision like that?
Do they want to live anymore?
RLY.
rolleyes
i agree we need to feed the youth in asia
I'de rather die with some dignity rather then pull a Terri Schiavo and be a burden on my family and significant other.
Dat's an excellent Megadeth song cool
I BEAT YOUR MOM

Tricky Inquisitor

13,450 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Clambake 200
I believe if someones is suffering as hell and wants to die ... well ... it's kinda right for me.
sheet.
I want to die quickly. I don't even want to suffer through any terminal illnesses.
Just kill me quickly.
I think it's right, if someone wants to die and they can't, and someone else is willing to do it, then let them.
A problem is that some people are unable to give consent about whether they want to be put-down or not.

Beloved Nerd

8,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Gaian 50
If the patient is fully able to consent, and has made a 'living will' to say that they want it, then I have no qualms about supporting euthanasia.

And in cases of pretty much definitely not going to 'wake up', the family should be able to make the decision to 'pull the plug' as it were.

*~*

If my mother was a veggie,
I'd pull the plug on her.

I'd rather side of eutha, though.
It's more peaceful, I think.
Not like she could feel the pain of starvation, anyway.

*~*

Billy Bilo
A problem is that some people are unable to give consent about whether they want to be put-down or not.
you're absolutely right
Euthenasia has an excellent church.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas