Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't understand why everyone hates America for America's faults and such. I mean when you think about it, it's England's fault that America even exists.

I remember watching a documentary on the History Channel about George Washington, the United States's first president. The whole reason why the Revolutionary War started was because England made these pre-Americans pay top dollar for cheap items. Whereas the English in America still considered themselves English, England considered the English in America Americans.

So finally everyone got fed up with it and decided to secede from England. Thus the nation of America is formed. So next time, world, when you think America ******** up on something don't blame America. BLAME ENGLAND!
But then England would blame the Anglo-Saxons for dominating the English Islands.

I should hit you.
history is history- america went their own way independantly, to become a seperate nation... now whatever mess they make is THEIR fault. dont blame aspects of history.
But think: Would America be a better place if the Native Americans kept living there and Europeans never came?
Prolly not. We would probably be a third-world country or something close.

Friendly Gaian

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
I find this quite offensive. Im from England, and everytime I see a thread like this it's always the American's complaining, once again, America think they are all that. Seriously you American's aren't. No country is best, and who cares about the past, that was a long long time ago.
I partially agree, all Americans shouldn't be blamed when our idiot president messes up.

But England shouldn't be blamed either... that was way back in the past, no reason to bring it up now.
You can't really blame England its responsible for Canada as well and we're not half as bad as America. (And yes I'm aware that france is also responsible for Canada's existance too)
None of you are smart enough to have this conversation.
So stop.
[Negative Zero]
I partially agree, all Americans shouldn't be blamed when our idiot president messes up.

But England shouldn't be blamed either... that was way back in the past, no reason to bring it up now.
YES!
But... I think America owns England in one thing:
America is the only true immigrant nation. And I think that's what makes America eh... different, and better than England in one place.
I think of England like Japan. Rich, poewrful, a looooong way to go.
But anyway, England owns America in books. Tons and tons of books.
-cough-SHAKESPEAR!! J.K. ROWLING!! ETC.!!-cough-
Lmaooo
This thread cracks me up.
Super 88
[Negative Zero]

YES!
America is the only true immigrant nation. And I think that's what makes America eh... different, and better than England in one place.
Lmaooo
America is the one true immagrant nation really? So Canada dosn't exist or have better immagration policies then you? I have been lied to my entire life eek
Just don't blame anyone.

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Dory_123
Super 88
[Negative Zero]

YES!
Lmaooo
America is the one true immagrant nation really? So Canada dosn't exist or have better immagration policies then you? I have been lied to my entire life eek

No one is to blame. If you think about it, this will turn into blaming absolutely everyone that exists, or has ever existed. Just like crime and religion. So shut the ******** up about this.
Dory_123
Super 88
[Negative Zero]

YES!
Lmaooo
Uh... all you have to do is look at the American olympic team. You see... Black peope, White people, Asian people, all types of people. or an American classroom. Come see my math class sometime.
I'll bet you anything that America is the most diverse country in the world.

See, when I go to Japan, it just feels different. People will be like, "Well, you're just like us, right? You're just like a Japanese." and it's like, being Japanese is elite. (NOTE: I'm Japanese-Korean)
In America, people are just like, "Oh, you're Japanese-Korean? Cool." Most, anyways.
Really. Define an "American" please.
In Canada, you're usually either
French-Canadian or English-Canadian.
In America... uuhhh..

WHOA. I apologize for the text wall.

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Super 88
[Negative Zero]

YES!
Lmaooo

You can't forget: the Harry Potter movies, Monty Python, the Beatles,
the Subways, the Rolling Stones, Pierce Brosnan,
and Orlando Bloom.
England has better entertainment than England.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff