Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've seen several threads over the past month, though not many today, about the end of the world.

Personally, I don't believe there will be an end of the world. I believe there will be an end to civilization. The humans may perish, but I honestly doubt the world will die anytime soon. The world will end when the sun explodes, but that doesn't mean civilization will survive that long either.

When the ice age came along, the species surviving on the world all died, and something came along to replace them, and when the ice age ended, those creatures died off. Before that, there was the big bang. The life on Earth has reset a few times, but some form of existance has always come along to replace them.

As for the survival of the world itself.
The ice caps aren't melting. Studies have shown that they are, in fact, growing slightly. During experiments, different conditons of weather, and location can change how the results come out.
Satellite temperature readings, which indicate no global warming of the lower atmosphere, are more reliable than surface temperature readings, which commonly does indicate global warming.
But then, instead of flooding parts of the world, if the ice caps are expanding, if the world doesn't die in the next thousand years or so, drastic weather changes will probably be caused due to the increasing ice. Though, I'm sure, people would probably put a stop to that if they are still around.

I don't actually believe the world will end anytime soon, but civilization might.

Discuss:
Doomsday theories
End of civilization
End of existance for animals and humans on the world now
What you think the next civilization may be like if my theory is correct
When the world will actually end.
IT WILL NOT BE THE END OF THE WORLD. AND IF IT IS, WHO CARES? I'LL s**t MY PANTS.

Distinct Nerd

6,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Snakes on a plane
rolleyes
iru ibota
I've seen several threads over the past month, though not many today, about the end of the world.

Personally, I don't believe there will be an end of the world. I believe there will be an end to civilization. The humans may perish, but I honestly doubt the world will die anytime soon. The world will end when the sun explodes, but that doesn't mean civilization will survive that long either.

When the ice age came along, the species surviving on the world all died, and something came along to replace them, and when the ice age ended, those creatures died off. Before that, there was the big bang. The life on Earth has reset a few times, but some form of existance has always come along to replace them.

As for the survival of the world itself.
The ice caps aren't melting. Studies have shown that they are, in fact, growing slightly. During experiments, different conditons of weather, and location can change how the results come out.
Satellite temperature readings, which indicate no global warming of the lower atmosphere, are more reliable than surface temperature readings, which commonly does indicate global warming.
But then, instead of flooding parts of the world, if the ice caps are expanding, if the world doesn't die in the next thousand years or so, drastic weather changes will probably be caused due to the increasing ice. Though, I'm sure, people would probably put a stop to that if they are still around.

I don't actually believe the world will end anytime soon, but civilization might.

Discuss:
Doomsday theories
End of civilization
End of existance for animals and humans on the world now
What you think the next civilization may be like if my theory is correct
When the world will actually end.

Please show sources. Studies I have read show the ice caps are melting several feet a year.
The end of the world (I believe) will be carried out when one man unites the world in a 'New World Order'... after that, a band of rebels will start a nuclear war that will destroy the planet... If youve ever read the book of Revelations in the bible, it makes sense... but then again, Jesus did say nobody, not even he, knew when the end would come... but that when it did happen, we would know.

~Pirates Rule~

I r nub.

www.exitmundi.nl

Why doesn't anyone ever ******** go there? There are so many ways for both human civilization and the world to end.

Greedy Genius

8,125 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[Apple j**z]
Snakes on a plane
rolleyes

"Thats it! Ive had it with these motha ******** snakes, on this motha ******** plane!"
The end could be closer then most people think. Acording to the bible there is going to be one thousand years of war followed by one thousand years of peace before the end.
Now can anyone tell me how long a war on terror could take?

Just a thought.
The Aztecs only made they're calander to the year 2012.
thats true and they have been right in many other predictions.
Hurray for Mass Destruction. heart
My thoughts are

1) nuclear war/accident

2) we engage in a long term war involving billions of deaths!!

3) global warming causing intensive earthquakes, hurricanes, and other nature disasters

4) Wat the bible says

5) Aliens invade out planet and suck our brains out!! But luckly Ill have my M249 machine gun waiting for them.. smile
Humans aren't like any other animal... if the climate changes, we can adapt. Just look at where humans can survive - from the frozen wastelands of Siberia to the sahara desert. It would take a pretty massive disaster (natural or man-made) to wipe us out.
The Mayan calendar marks December 23/24th, 2012, as the end of this "age." The last age completed itself by water -- a world-wide flood. Now this time, our age is supposed to be ended by fire. And scientists say there's a meteor coming in 2012.

I'm too lazy to give resources. There's tons of articles on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff