Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
My mom has cancer. yes sad.
But my little brother is having a hard time dealing with it.
He is 13 and super sensitive. He just came back to public school after doing homeschool for so long. He finally opened up to me tonight he is having trouble with his algebra class and is feeling super stressed out.
He is doing the dishes and crying right now. I don't know what to do.
I want to spend saturday getting him organized since he has been forgetting homework at school and try to find some way for him to relieve stress.
I don't know how to be a mom and he won't let me in to help him.

Do you guys have any advice for me? sweatdrop

Roisterer

Let him deal?

Beloved Seeker

can u relate to him? tell him stories about how u were stressed and how u handled it
aww i'm so sorry sad
bake him a cake

Dangerous Lunatic

Let the sadness engulf him, then let him loose into the world.

Dapper Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Every family has their unique problem that will test/challenge them to the point of complete despair and hopelessness. When you're feeling alone and down on your feet, hope is the one thing you can give yourself. Just be there for him and support him through school. It's a scary world out there and I remember being alone and quite stressed out back in high school. There was a lot of pressure put on me to do well so that I could get into a good university. Just don't give up on yourself or your family. Your brother will need you now more than ever, so don't let your mother's illness get in the way of you being the best sibling possible.
It probably took a lot for him to even just tell you.

Since I don't know him, I'll tell you what I wanted when my mother was sick and even more so when she passed away: I wanted people to be there for me. I wasn't only losing my Mom, I was losing my entire family and that hit me hard.

The best you can do is help him (with homework, chores), talk to him (make him laugh, that's so important), take him out to the movies or something you would both find fun.

Even just doing homework (if you're in school) in the same room can take a little edge off and may encourage him to keep up with it more.

But it's hard to say. I was an 8 year old girl when this happened to me so what would've helped me might not help him. But good luck and I'm sorry you're going through that stuff.

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
Kasze
Let him deal?
So just let him figure things out on his own? I guess he is a guy. I just know I would want someone to talk to and help me get less stressed.

Roisterer

Rae_Bear
Kasze
Let him deal?
So just let him figure things out on his own? I guess he is a guy. I just know I would want someone to talk to and help me get less stressed.

Tell him he has you if he needs it. Then walk away. Maybe tell a story he can relate to.
How about you contact his teacher and discuss the situation and ask them their advice or if they could give him less homework while he's dealing with so much?
you can't force him to talk to you, but letting him know that he has someone to talk to who understands what he's feeling will definitely help him

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
Oukami Ryu
How about you contact his teacher and discuss the situation and ask them their advice or if they could give him less homework while he's dealing with so much?
That makes a lot of sense. haha. that is such a simple solution. cool
Rae_Bear
Oukami Ryu

I hope it all works out for you and him and I pray that your mother beats this cancer.
Good luck and best wishes to all of you!

And I know you don't know me, but if you ever need anyone to talk to/vent to, pm me! (I will reply lol)

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
Oukami Ryu
Rae_Bear
Oukami Ryu

I hope it all works out for you and him and I pray that your mother beats this cancer.
Good luck and best wishes to all of you!

And I know you don't know me, but if you ever need anyone to talk to/vent to, pm me! (I will reply lol)
Thank you so much! (:
tell him
"420 blaze it f*****t"
shove a big fat joint in his mouth and light
solves everything, get some for your mom too, s**t can cure it, and always helps slow it down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff