Welcome to Gaia! ::

[******** political correctness. I just say "Merry Christmas."

Dicks.Really, I saw a shirt that said "speak english or get the f*** out".
Jelloish
In World History, we were talking about Liberals vs. Conservatives the other day.

My history teacher is very obviously conservative, as are basically the rest of my school.

He was saying how liberals want change, conservatives want traditions, etc. I agree with that.

Then he went on to say how now, because everything is becoming all "Liberalized" in the U.S. (Ha? xD) you're not allowed to say Merry Christmas or whatever in stores.

And our vacation in the winter is now called "Winter Break" as opposed to "Christmas Break".

quote teacher: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF CHRISTMAS! AND EASTER TOO!"

quote... all other kids in class but me "HO NOES! NOT CHRISTMAS!"

discuzz. <3
Amazing how different our schools are. My school is very much Liberal. Me i dont really care about politics. The way i figure is let them have their government cause me complaining isnt going to get me any where so ill stick with my games. Until politics and my games colide i wont care. But back on topic although i dont choose to be on a side my views are more conservative. In my opinion i think Winter Break would be a better way of describing the break we get in winter. But you know what i just stopped caring about this topic now. Me putting in my two cents isnt going to get me any where.
extreme librals suck a** but then again so do extreme conservatives.
Here's something to ask your teach. Ask him if its true there is something going on about trying to get the christmas tree changed to be called a holiday tree. My mum said this but she can be dumb sometimes so i don't know if it's true. Oh and also would that be possible because it is a German tradition and I am not really sure if it actually originally had anything to do about christianity. I mean I don't think my Bible says anything about a sacred tree during christmas. I don't know maybe Jesus took his first pee on a tree or something, forever marking the tree as a sacred symbol of Christmas.

This just seems about as ridiculous as the whole freedom fries ordeal.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sannin-Iokoa
Jelloish
In World History, we were talking about Liberals vs. Conservatives the other day.

My history teacher is very obviously conservative, as are basically the rest of my school.

He was saying how liberals want change, conservatives want traditions, etc. I agree with that.

Then he went on to say how now, because everything is becoming all "Liberalized" in the U.S. (Ha? xD) you're not allowed to say Merry Christmas or whatever in stores.

And our vacation in the winter is now called "Winter Break" as opposed to "Christmas Break".

quote teacher: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF CHRISTMAS! AND EASTER TOO!"

quote... all other kids in class but me "HO NOES! NOT CHRISTMAS!"

discuzz. <3
Amazing how different our schools are. My school is very much Liberal. Me i dont really care about politics. The way i figure is let them have their government cause me complaining isnt going to get me any where so ill stick with my games. Until politics and my games colide i wont care. But back on topic although i dont choose to be on a side my views are more conservative. In my opinion i think Winter Break would be a better way of describing the break we get in winter. But you know what i just stopped caring about this topic now. Me putting in my two cents isnt going to get me any where.

Yeah. Everyone at my school is a Whitey McChristian.
That is precious. And, sorry but, they're always called it Winter Break.
technically, their not killing the holiday, just making fair for those who dont celebrate. but wasnt it just a different generation of liberals that started slavery and didnt help stop it way back when? liberals just try to popularize the vote for one side. they do most what people complain about.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
synisterstorms
Here's something to ask your teach. Ask him if its true there is something going on about trying to get the christmas tree changed to be called a holiday tree. My mum said this but she can be dumb sometimes so i don't know if it's true. Oh and also would that be possible because it is a German tradition and I am not really sure if it actually originally had anything to do about christianity. I mean I don't think my Bible says anything about a sacred tree during christmas. I don't know maybe Jesus took his first pee on a tree or something, forever marking the tree as a sacred symbol of Christmas.

Freedom fries. hoshit.

xD Freedom fries were actually the work of conservatives who don't like the French, though.

And seriously o__o It's not like a Christmas tree has ANYTHING to do with actual Christmas.
Jelloish
synisterstorms

Freedom fries. hoshit.

xD Freedom fries were actually the work of conservatives who don't like the French, though.

And seriously o__o It's not like a Christmas tree has ANYTHING to do with actual Christmas.

my point exactly 3nodding

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That Tramp I Saw You With
That is precious. And, sorry but, they're always called it Winter Break.

Not here.

Remember. I live in a town with Whitey McChristians.
This was done a long time ago though. Plus, I know a lot of people that agree with it. It's about accepting everyone's religion not just everyone who believes in Christmas. It's really not as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

"The war on Christmas" is really just headlines from the media to attract you to read.
Jelloish
synisterstorms

Freedom fries. hoshit.

Yeah, Christmas trees are PAGAN in origin. Not Christian. Just like colored eggs at Easter. Pagan, pagan, pagan. So, calling them Christmas trees is kind of wrong. They're Yule trees, technically.

(Yeah, I know they're now a staple of Christmas tradition, but still. wink )

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I say people should be able to say what's in their heart and not have to worry about being sued. I like to say "Merry Christmas". I like how it makes me feel. "Happy Holidays" leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. It's just how I was brought up. When I was a child, everyone said "Merry Christmas". It was only with the 90s and the advent of political correctness that that all changed.

I don't think there should be any laws or policies about what people say. No one should have to worry about being fired or sued for saying "Merry Christmas". Those who don't like it need to realize that this nation is 85 - 90% Christian and just get over it.
ButterBalls
This was done a long time ago though. Plus, I know a lot of people that agree with it. It's about accepting everyone's religion not just everyone who believes in Christmas. It's really not as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

"The war on Christmas" is really just headlines from the media to attract you to read.

To take it to an extreme, I know many people around here believe that when the government starts messing with Christianity, it is a sign of Revelation.
Though I don't know about that. Religion has been a source of most major conflicts all throughout history.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ButterBalls

Oh I completely agree with you. XD <3
Alsatian
mmmmeh, I hate liberals. I hate conservatives too. but, if I had to hate one more than the other, I'd hate liberals more, because they'll never stop complaining. ever.
Are you kidding me? The conservatives are complaining about 2 words, and you hate liberals more?! talk2hand I admit, most of us are annoying, but conservatives are arrogant & obnoxious!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff