Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Fading Empyrean
People like you make me sick

Also, you're a complete idiot. You can't even use the right forms of the words
Can you please explain why I make you sick?

Beloved Lunatic

DEM0N0L0GY

The only time I can think when Christians were oppressed and slaughtered, was by the Romans. Later on, Christians killed innocent women accused of being witches. I don't hate people for believing what they believe. I just don't want anyone to try to force their beliefs on me or threaten Hell on me because I'm agnostic. My boyfriend and I were followed in the city for about a block by this crazy religious nut who was hissing at us about us going to Hell. I almost turned around and decked him because he was scaring me.
Yes what happened to you was deffinatly not right and I would never do that, but when asked what I believe I state what I believe while still keeping it know your entitled to believe what you like aswell.

Beloved Lunatic

Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Why is it that Christians always think they're somehow being oppressed? Not only have they been the majority for centuries, they're still the ones in power. Please try not to confuse oppression with not getting everything you want.
What was isn't now and yes we are just as much as anyone else is.
Please explain how Christians are "just as oppressed" as anyone else when certain people still don't have equal rights to marry who they want. Tell me how are people being bullied to the point of suicide because of their faith? Can't think of any? That's because it's happening to homosexuals, not Christians. When people start beating Christians to death because of their faith, you can complain. Until then, kindly be quiet because to the people who actually have been oppressed in their life time, you sound like a whining c**t.
Maybe because Christians don't believe in suicide this is not heard of, but I have already explained how it is oppression to someone else, so read that in here. Other then that your a very angry person and I have nothing more to say to you.
yedinorog
NarpyTheCrimeDog
yedinorog
NarpyTheCrimeDog
yedinorog
NarpyTheCrimeDog
neutral There are plenty of morons. Oddly, Sarah Palin immediately comes to mind.
I guess I just don't think anyone is a moron, just different. It's a dangerous thing when people start to label people, and especially when it's demeaning like moron, which implies less then.

So... You're a ******** hippie who refuses to acknowledge that some people are smarter than others, some are more athletic, some more creative, and some who are so unbelievably useless that the only meaning their life will ever give them is cleaning up childrens' vomit?
Everyone is special in their own right and equal. We all have purpose and value even if someone else views our existance as useless it's really not.

This isn't a discussion of equality or whether or not someone is unique. It's a discussion of different capacities. You're making an attempt to appeal to emotions instead of simple reason and you're the reason children today are complete pussies incapable of reacting properly to confrontation. You hand out trophies to the losing team, you pull back the entire education system to keep up with the kid who doesn't understand exponents, and you make your children believe that no matter what anyone says, they're special, unique and amazing.

Let's look at a recent event: 9-11. Had terrorists tried to take a plane in the 50's, every mother ******** on that plane would have beaten the living ******** out of them. Now people have been so protected from conflict and confrontation that we hand over the controls.
It is because if we put people into different capacities and say some are better then others it's only a matter of time before people start to move to the top and the rest (the majority) to the bottom, which has already happened for the most part. I'm not going to debate what went on in that plane during 9-11, that's over my head. I will say though what your describing as something positive is really un humanitarian and will cause more innocents in the end to suffer.

I'm not describing it as positive, I'm describing it as fact. SOME PEOPLE ARE BETTER AT THINGS THAN OTHERS. There is no getting around it. You can claim that we all have equal skill but anyone with a shred of common sense knows that's just not true. I, for instance, suck a** at any kind of delicate work while there are plenty of men out there who could put together a tiny model airplane without breaking a single piece of plastic. I can draw fairly well, but there are thousands out there who do it better. I can repair computers but there are thousands who know more about it than I. I can write in Java, C, C#, C++, PHP, and Python, but there are thousands who can build a program that works better with less code than me. I was trained to level three in the Army's hand-to-hand combat training, but there were thousands of soldiers who could kick my a**. I can rebuild an engine, but there are thousands of people who can do it significantly faster. I can do 125 push ups consecutively, but there are plenty more people who can do 200+. Some people are naturally better than others and telling anyone anything different is deception that could very well lead to delusion as it seems to have with you.
you don't have to say it's unholy lmao. something less pretentious would be better.

Beloved Lunatic

Grand Theft Autumn
yedinorog
Grand Theft Autumn
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Why is it that Christians always think they're somehow being oppressed? Not only have they been the majority for centuries, they're still the ones in power. Please try not to confuse oppression with not getting everything you want.

Please explain to me exactly how Christians are oppressed in the United States.

I will agree that Christians are quite often subject to ridicule, but that is in no way oppression.

Give me a GOOD example of how you're oppressed. Seriously.
Oppression is the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner.[1] It can also be defined as an act or instance of oppressing, the state of being oppressed, and the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety.

Therefore by being "quite often subject to ridicule" one can have "feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety."

I personally cannot think of any examples where Christians have been ridiculed in an enviornment where it can be considered harassment. I can think of particular comedians, such as Tim Minchin, who regularly insult Christians, but these are done in private show settings and/or on television shows. Blacks, gays, hell, even females, are all subject to this sort of ridicule through comedy ect. However, I cannot find or think of a good example where Christian students, or even just Christian people, have been ridiculed directly to their face in a harassing way where it was accepted or tolerated. Most schools have a system that does not tolerate harassment in any way, shape, or form, especially when it comes to religion.

The only burden and mental anxiety I can think of is that Christians cannot, in certain settings, be quite as ... pro-active about their religion as they choose. By that, I mean they cannot attempt to convert other people in schools, and cannot have a "prayer" for entire classrooms. Although there was in my highschool a moment of silence that was open to people of ALL faiths and I believe this is the proper way to handle it.

You're also forgetting the very important part of that text. The words "authority" and "power" are a very important part of the definition, even though you didn't change the font color. Oppression would be when a school system or government system somehow punishes Christians or makes it impossible for them to practice their faith. I don't see this happening.
You've made some very good points and I guess I can only speak from experiance and let you know that even at my age people make fun of my beliefs to my face when all I do is say I'm sorry I cannot do that it's against my faith. I guess my concern is that it will get worse then that, because as it is I never hear of someone defending a Christian they would if someone laughed at someone for being gay.

Beloved Lunatic

NarpyTheCrimeDog
yedinorog
NarpyTheCrimeDog
yedinorog
NarpyTheCrimeDog

So... You're a ******** hippie who refuses to acknowledge that some people are smarter than others, some are more athletic, some more creative, and some who are so unbelievably useless that the only meaning their life will ever give them is cleaning up childrens' vomit?
Everyone is special in their own right and equal. We all have purpose and value even if someone else views our existance as useless it's really not.

This isn't a discussion of equality or whether or not someone is unique. It's a discussion of different capacities. You're making an attempt to appeal to emotions instead of simple reason and you're the reason children today are complete pussies incapable of reacting properly to confrontation. You hand out trophies to the losing team, you pull back the entire education system to keep up with the kid who doesn't understand exponents, and you make your children believe that no matter what anyone says, they're special, unique and amazing.

Let's look at a recent event: 9-11. Had terrorists tried to take a plane in the 50's, every mother ******** on that plane would have beaten the living ******** out of them. Now people have been so protected from conflict and confrontation that we hand over the controls.
It is because if we put people into different capacities and say some are better then others it's only a matter of time before people start to move to the top and the rest (the majority) to the bottom, which has already happened for the most part. I'm not going to debate what went on in that plane during 9-11, that's over my head. I will say though what your describing as something positive is really un humanitarian and will cause more innocents in the end to suffer.

I'm not describing it as positive, I'm describing it as fact. SOME PEOPLE ARE BETTER AT THINGS THAN OTHERS. There is no getting around it. You can claim that we all have equal skill but anyone with a shred of common sense knows that's just not true. I, for instance, suck a** at any kind of delicate work while there are plenty of men out there who could put together a tiny model airplane without breaking a single piece of plastic. I can draw fairly well, but there are thousands out there who do it better. I can repair computers but there are thousands who know more about it than I. I can write in Java, C, C#, C++, PHP, and Python, but there are thousands who can build a program that works better with less code than me. I was trained to level three in the Army's hand-to-hand combat training, but there were thousands of soldiers who could kick my a**. I can rebuild an engine, but there are thousands of people who can do it significantly faster. I can do 125 push ups consecutively, but there are plenty more people who can do 200+. Some people are naturally better than others and telling anyone anything different is deception that could very well lead to delusion as it seems to have with you.
I can agree with what your saying, but when isults like moron are used that's were I draw the line I guess.

Beloved Lunatic

llCOXll
you don't have to say it's unholy lmao. something less pretentious would be better.
That's my truth though, but I guess your right it's kinda implied if I was just to say no I don't.
I agree.

You believe in what you will, partake in life on how you see fit, for I myself will live a path on my own design and not sway you other wise.

To each, their own.

3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Please explain how Christians are "just as oppressed" as anyone else when certain people still don't have equal rights to marry who they want. Tell me how are people being bullied to the point of suicide because of their faith? Can't think of any? That's because it's happening to homosexuals, not Christians. When people start beating Christians to death because of their faith, you can complain. Until then, kindly be quiet because to the people who actually have been oppressed in their life time, you sound like a whining c**t.
Maybe because Christians don't believe in suicide this is not heard of, but I have already explained how it is oppression to someone else, so read that in here. Other then that your a very angry person and I have nothing more to say to you.
Don't believe in suicide? Please, I've seen plenty of incidents where so-called Christians take their own lives. And you gave a literal definition of oppression, that doesn't count as an example. And no, I'm actually not an angry person, I just get annoyed when those who are in the majority of society claim to be oppressed. Kind of like when a spoiled rich kid complains that their life is too hard. Once again, confusing not getting everything you want with being oppressed.

Beloved Lunatic

Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Don't believe in suicide? Please, I've seen plenty of incidents where so-called Christians take their own lives. And you gave a literal definition of oppression, that doesn't count as an example. And no, I'm actually not an angry person, I just get annoyed when those who are in the majority of society claim to be oppressed. Kind of like when a spoiled rich kid complains that their life is too hard. Once again, confusing not getting everything you want with being oppressed.
Just because you believe Christians are not as oppressed doesn't mean they deserve to be even a little oppressed. That's my reality should I not want the best for myself and not settle for less?

Beloved Lunatic

Inspirational Discharge
I agree.

You believe in what you will, partake in life on how you see fit, for I myself will live a path on my own design and not sway you other wise.

To each, their own.

3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thank you because sadly your the first person to actually understand where I am coming from heart

Dapper Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Just because you believe Christians are not as oppressed doesn't mean they deserve to be even a little oppressed. That's my reality should I not want the best for myself and not settle for less?
Of course no one deserves to be oppressed at all. I never implied that they should. But if your definition of oppression is mild discomfort and inconvenience then all of us are oppressed. Consider yourself fortunate that you're never had to endure actual oppression and discrimination.

Beloved Lunatic

Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
yedinorog
Clasion Rainheart
Of course no one deserves to be oppressed at all. I never implied that they should. But if your definition of oppression is mild discomfort and inconvenience then all of us are oppressed. Consider yourself fortunate that you're never had to endure actual oppression and discrimination.
I do consider myself fortunate it just really hurts when I get excluded and made fun of. I can't just stop at good enough and I'm glade you understand that at least =] I feel bad for people that have it worse off then me it just sucks when you expect the most understand from those people and they give it to you worst.
yedinorog

Thank you because sadly your the first person to actually understand where I am coming from heart

Well it's all respect, right?
Different cultures, different religions and believes and societies all have to live on this earth together and if someone disagrees with someone on something then why try and sway them if it isn't hurting people or YOU.

It all mostly comes down to morale and situations where personal opinions clash when making decisions for the mas population of the peoples.

Let's take...legalization of marijuana for example.

To the more conservatives that's a no, but why? There are PLENTY of people out there who would adore this and there are a lot of good reasons to why this idea would be a great choice (economy, legal issues within prisons, ect.) but the morality of the more conservative group denies it because they don't want it around.

Personal choice is your own, right? If I go out with someone to dinner and they get something I don't like why is that my problem? It's their dinner, not mine so why should I care what they want to eat, yeah?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff