Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Inverted Kiwi
comfortably_dumb
Well, I think that the term 'Bible-Humper' is completely immature, as well as you explaining your views without giving any credit to the other side. But anyway, God forgives. Maybe it's something that you missed while you were having your horrible church experience. There is this thing called forgiveness of sins, and committing a crime is one of them. Nothing in this life is perfect, and religion as a whole is not perfect. It always has its flaws because it leaves room for improvement.

-Sigh-

Forgiveness should not be granted when the severity and chronic timetable is considered.

see, that's why its a good thing ppl aren't in charge of who gets salvation. God isn't trying to set ppl up to go to hell. He has it so all you have to do is repent and try to be good. He loves us and doesn't want ppl to go to hell.
Synn Sylver
christians aarent kool.

Neither are you mad
christians aarent kool.
Someone is deleting posts in here from left to right. neutral
Ah, and someone said that the cross was tooken from the pagans 3nodding
Well, actually, the cross was tooken from the cross that jesus died on. So, yea, no it wasn't ^_^
Inverted Kiwi
You 'believers' get into your heaven merely by believing in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and accepting him as your Savior and all that jazz, correct?

Now--as there are no other prerequisites as I understand it, or from what I have learned from my painful church experience, I want to know something.

Why the heaven and hell would someone who has commited countless acts of violence or impurity but still believes be accepted into heaven?

Now, before you play the bullshit "A Christian wouldn't do that" card I don't want to hear it. My Mother is 'saved' and has commited atrocities, one of the more recent ones outlined in my Journal. She believes-But she commits.

I have many things wrong with Christianity, this being one of the first and foremost, right next to the hypocritical condemnation of homosexuals.

Now, Bible-Humpers, Spill it.

Believing is only half of it; Not to mention, just because you believe something doesn't mean you actually have faith in it. Certainly, I may believe God is taking care of me, and yet that doesn't mean that I have faith enough to do what he tells me to do, or that I am faithful to him entirely. Humans are imperfect, as you know, and though we commit attrocities, we should ask for forgiveness and not only that, but help from God. I do not know enough about your mother to judge her; And we as people should not judge anyone, either; We have no right as imperfect beings. What one must be sure of though, is to not judge God based on human action, but on what they find of him themselves;- I was raised in the church my entire life, and many times I see the acts of Christains that disgust me. But, as Kierkegaard said, finding God is totally up to the individual. A relationship with God should be totally between you and him; And as such, look not to the world, but to the Bible, and to God. Don't let another persons actions turn you off, for if that were the case, no one would be a Christain. Look only to God and the bible, and don't judge anyones actions- It is up to God to worry about the punishments of others.

As well, everyone points out what is wrong with the bible, and how unfair it is. But whats one good thing about religion? It creates morals and basic guidlines, thus meaning stability. guidelines, as you know, are not always fair. As well, let me tell you personally, I have never met a gay person who was truely gay- They always also had a thing for the opposite sex as well as their own gender. However, I am not learned enough to make any comment, and as such should say nothing; Somethings that appear unfair to us now are far beyond our understanding, as I see it. As well, as Christains, we are supposed to love our neighbour as ourselves, regardless of what they are; We can try to help them, but we should not condemn them either; Just because we do not agree does not mean that we condemn.

However, I am merely speculating.
I'm a Christian, but I think that people who say they believe in Christ and the Atonement and then act however they want are silly and hypocritical. If one really believes in Christ, then one would love him and try to keep his commandments. I've sinned and made plenty of mistakes. I'm still working on things, I know I'm nowhere near perfect. However, I have the desire to change and am constantly trying to stop doing what I shouldn't. I think that's the most important part, trying to stop. If you believe in Christ, and the Atonement and try to do his will and repent of the mistakes you've made and stop doing those things, then you'll be saved. Well, that's what I believe.
Go ahead Christians... Kick that knowledge. I'm out. cya
Only God Can Judge You.

There is no formula to do on earth and BAM magicaly ur accepted into heaven.

Only through Gods Mercy do you get accepted into heaven...

He decides through his eyes....

As for how can a christian commit bad things in this world, and get accepted into heaven?

Well everybody is a sinner... and no sin is "worst" or "better" than any other sin.

So since we have all sinned, thats like saying how can anybody who sinned go to heaven.

And the point of Christianity isn't to believe in God so that we can go to heaven... we believe and love him because he gave us life, and blessed us with many wonderful things on earth. Him accepting us into heaven is but a Gift.

I could care less about if i go to heaven, hell or anywhere else or nowhere else. but i'm still going to have faith in him.
Salvation is by faith, not works

Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:34, Habukkuk 2:4 (OT)
The just(righteous) shall live by faith.

And faith is more than belief. You can believe a plane will fly you from point a to point b, it's not faith until you get on board.
Also you can stop at a red light because it's the law. When you believe it's the right/smart/correct thing to do... and stop... it is an act of faith.

You can believe Jesus is the Son of God, so does Satan and it isn't going to help that SOB one wit. You need to conform to that belief for it to be faith.

Ever act like the President isn't the President? He's still the President and he has the power to make you go away. How much more is God like one in authority? He created to concept.
Inverted Kiwi
You 'believers' get into your heaven merely by believing in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and accepting him as your Savior and all that jazz, correct?

Now--as there are no other prerequisites as I understand it, or from what I have learned from my painful church experience, I want to know something.

Why the heaven and hell would someone who has commited countless acts of violence or impurity but still believes be accepted into heaven?

Now, before you play the bullshit "A Christian wouldn't do that" card I don't want to hear it. My Mother is 'saved' and has commited atrocities, one of the more recent ones outlined in my Journal. She believes-But she commits.

I have many things wrong with Christianity, this being one of the first and foremost, right next to the hypocritical condemnation of homosexuals.

First of all, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, AND ask for forgiveness, repent and all that jazz, you are accepted.

Christians are HUMANS. They are not some super immortal person who never sins or anything. They are allowed to make mistakes.

Thirdly, whoever CONDEMNS homosexual while claiming to be a Christian is hypocrisy. Jesus hung OUT with homosexuals, prostitutes, tax collectors, and sinners.

He freakin' had the lowest of all people be his 12 Disciples. Fishermen.

So, if you still think that Christians are mean, cold hearted, perfect people, think again, because they aren't.
Inverted Kiwi

Christ died for our sin so that we wouldn't have to. Because of His sacrifice, when we repent, we can be forgiving. It isn't just believing, but asking for His forgiveness for our sin. Because of His blood, we don't have to be punished for our sin.

You can't keep committing atrocities and still be accepted into Heaven though just by belief. To enter Heaven, Christ calls us to be pure. And we cannot be pure ourselves, can we? We're sinners.
But we can be pure through Christ's sacrifice.

If your mother is still doing things that are wrong and excuses herself because she merely "believes" you can remind her that she also needs to recognize her sin and ask for forgiveness.

Not only did Jesus forgive the adulterous woman, but He told her "Go and sin no more." We are not only called to believe, but to sin no more.
Femily
Icarus Allsorts
Femily
Inverted Kiwi

Thanks for the insult...you're kinda like that other guy/girl (don't know which, no one ever explained it to me)...you tend to insult.
But anyways...
You're confused.
A person is supposed to only be able to get to heaven if they believe in God, and have asked for forgivness for all their sins.
You don't get right into heaven for believing in God.
Even the most insane killer can believe that their is a heaven and hell, yet he still commits atrocities because he lacks a consciounce...
Understand?

And for the record, I don't believe that people who don't believe in the Christian God are turned away from heaven. Not all of the bible is true..., which is a no-brainer. But I still stand by most of it.
As a good Christian then, a good God fearing person, where do you disern from what is correct in the bible and what is not? How can you be sure, surely it would be best accept it all or accept none?

Well, you have to realize that the bible has been rewritten (meant to be copied, but things were added...or this is my guess at least) a lot. The whole "you can only get to heaven if you believe in our God" type thing could have been used in the attempts to bring more believers into the religion. I'm not saying it WAS, I'm just saying it could have been. And due to the history of the world, you know the whole Crusade thing, that's my guess.

But I do believe that most of the bible is true. You just have to put two and two together.
I didn't ask that though did I? I asked how you can tell the difference between what is false and what is right.

personally i think he started it to get people to argue...
You can't boil faith in God down into some mechanical exercise. All the jive about "you have to repent and mean it." God knows if you mean it, and He knows we fail... it's not an excuse to fail, but it ought to make someone pause a sec before taking God's seat and damning someone to hell because the ******** up.

If you think a Christian HAS to perform a certain way, you're still in the mechanical exercise. I love telling people about David. He was a man that Jesus said was after God's own heart. He kicked alot of a**... a whole lot of a**... he killed lions and bears while he was a yet a shepherd, keeping his flock safe. He was the only man in Israel with the balls to challenge Goliath of Gath and then he knocked Goliath out with a stone, and cut his head off with his own sword. He won his first wife from King Saul by bringing him 200 Philistine foreskins. He united the Kingdom of Israel, drove out the original inhabitants other a** kicking things.
But that's not all... David also fled to Gath to escape Saul, pretended to be insane so they wouldn't kill him, and helped the Philistines fight against their non-israelite enemies. He slept with the wife of one of his mighty men, and when she got pregnant, he ended up killing her husband to conceal the adultery. He lied to the high priest and took bread from the sanctuary which was unlawful to do.
Christians can fail, and they will... often more than regular folk because they don't realize that they're escaped prisoners and the "gaurds of the world" will jump on us when we're not looking. The world will do and say anything to keep you from doing what God wants... and I am not talking about the "thou shalts," or the "thou shalt nots."
Anyway, there was something about David that made him different from say the first King Saul, who by comparisson didn't do half the crap David did, and God killed Saul. David knew who God is... and looked to Him for deliverance. Not to what he could do, or what others could do for him. He sought God and when his sin came out, he didn't try to excuse it or cover it up He admitted it, and turned to God for mercy. I only know a handful of Christians today that love the Lord in truth. Most are living a lie... I know I don't live in a spirit pleasing to God all the time, but I know He's working on me.

Whether or not these events really happened for the purpose of this discussion is irrelevant. It is the same record Jesus would have read about David, and assuming Jesus is who He says He is (Son of God), I think Jesus could have made it known if the record was wrong. If He wasn't divine, He still got His information about David from this record, and if you are Christian, you trust Jesus... if you don't trust Jesus, why bother with anything to do with Him, there are better things to do than argue with people you think are nuts anyway.

I'm assuming the creator of this thread is genuinne in his concern, although I know there is a very good probability (given the attitude of his post) that he's just an a*****e trying to pick a fight. Either way, I hope this post will help someone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff