Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Bunny

yea i never understood y people feel some type of way about it
idk what any of those people have to do with the topic.
i want to argue with my mention but its sadly true

Enduring Phantom

I try my best to keep our dateability average here in GD as low as possible.
LawIruses
I feel like we have so much electronic communication nowadays that it's dumb to think that dating people off of forums would be weird. Like, even with more "normal" means of dating, I still know a lot of people who begin their conversations on facebook and through texting instead of actually seeing and physically being with the person. It's funny how people can be picky and choosy about which form of media it is socially acceptable to begin dating through and which ones are not.
And to be honest, something as interest-specific as gaia probably means two people using the site have more in common than two people talking over facebook SO
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. Texting or 'talking' to someone or using okcupid as opposed to meeting someone on Gaiaonline or tumblr is a distinction without difference and really just highlights either an insecurity about how one chooses to spend one's time, or a cognitive dissonance about what is and is not legitimate communication.
cuttlebone
the internet is a dream
everyone on the internet is a figment except 4 u
people aren't real people if you can't see them
quiet, figment
its ~*~*the best~*~*~
LawIruses
I feel like we have so much electronic communication nowadays that it's dumb to think that dating people off of forums would be weird. Like, even with more "normal" means of dating, I still know a lot of people who begin their conversations on facebook and through texting instead of actually seeing and physically being with the person. It's funny how people can be picky and choosy about which form of media it is socially acceptable to begin dating through and which ones are not.
And to be honest, something as interest-specific as gaia probably means two people using the site have more in common than two people talking over facebook SO
Nice post

Cultist

Lexi put it into words pretty well,
but I guess all I would add is that this forum doesn't put some assumed black list on people.

With the volume of time we spend on this stupid website, it'd be refreshing to date a GDer,
even if just to be able to discuss thing about/with our friends, free of judgement or question.

That, and there are some DAMN FINE GDers HAYYYY.
hey its aves again
feeling some type of way
I had your name up there but I took it down cause of the sexual tension from that rugrats thread
i dont get what the list has to do with the topic but im only saying that cuz im not on it
white knight napalm
i dont get what the list has to do with the topic but im only saying that cuz im not on it
Saying it's dope a** people to date on GD so why would a relationship with a GDer be inherently bad or shameful.

Oh yeah I should have added you tbh
I don't think it would be weak.
It may be awkward for like a week or two, but not weak.
Idk anyone who says that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces