Welcome to Gaia! ::

Forum: Chatterbox Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:33 am
so much confusion when it comes to gender and who hasn't
( honestly ) at some point said "I wish just for a day or two, i could be [ the opposite sex ], because it's awful being [my sex].

the point of this thread is to discuss, have fun, and maybe, just maybe educate some members of the opposite sex that the grass isn't that much greener on the other side..... or maybe, just maybe, heck yeeeaahh, it's MIND BLOWING DEEP EMERALD greener on the other side.....

but let's find that out together.

on this thread i'd like to see everything from short and sweet "top 10" type lists such as "The Best Things About Being A Girl [or Boy], to longer thoughtful essays about being feminine or masculine in todays society describing any stresses, expectations, or limitations, and of course any joys, that each would entail.

a couple of rules, please:

1- no name calling or snap judgments; there's been enough of that between the genders for the last 100,000 years of human history. Here, let's be above that and not further it.

2- please let's respect each other.

3- let's have fun with this !!!! anyone appearing to not be having fun will be cyber-flogged until their morale improves. biggrin
I can say honestly I've always wanted huge breasts. Not male huge breasts, but real honest-to-god female boobies. I of course will never go this route as far as surgery, but think of the greatness! I'd never have to leave the house!
Nope its even.

Women have children Men cant.

Men can get drafted Women dont.

Men are forced by society to be strong(emotionally/physically) Women dont have to be.

Women are raised to pretty/ china doll, Men arent.
Neither has it easier. It all evens out in the puberty olympics.
It really depends on the country. Here in America, it's almost even. The same cannot be said of Asia or the Middle East.
Well, I believe they both have it just as bad, for each gets criticism. Girls get the same old generalizations, as always. And guys get to be called pigs, because 'the loudest' are always the ones who are the stereotypes....
fenris_frostwolf
Nope its even.

Men are forced by society to be strong(emotionally/physically) Women dont have to be.

I'm going to have to agree....I thinks its equal. We each have our own advantages and disadvantages....it all balances out.
fenris_frostwolf
Nope its even.

Can I just say that the fact that I am not responsible for birthing is one of my prides of being male?

No offense, but I would love the kid just as much, and I'm sure as hell glad I don't have to push something approximately the size of a watermelon out a hole approximately the size of a nickel. Personally I think I got the better end of that deal. But hey, thats just me.
In all honesty, the one thing that seperates us today is the fact that women give birth, and I get to pee standing up... thats about it. In truth men on average gain more muscle mass and have fat proportioned differently than women making them... dun dun duhhhhn "DIFFERENT!"

People hate it but men are better at some things and women are better at somethigns. Its a sad fact but if you were to go through every difference it would most likely average out, but there may be some deviation.

Hoorah for standing to pee smile (and you chicks that can do that... thats just creepy)
Woman in the way of society in the US have it better off then men, they have more foundations to help them along in life, they have looks that can get them out of different situations, and other things. But if you go to a different country things will be different, well depending on the country. Men have it better of when it comes to anatomy though. No period, no giving birth, muscle is made easier. There is just to much to look into to figure out who has it better off.
Can I just say that the fact that I am not responsible for birthing is one of my prides of being male?

No offense, but I would love the kid just as much, and I'm sure as hell glad I don't have to push something approximately the size of a watermelon out a hole approximately the size of a nickel. Personally I think I got the better end of that deal. But hey, thats just me.

HEY....!!! guess what...... there's some talk of men being able to give birth. there's a lot of wasted space in the male abdomen; they take an embryo, and implant it on/near the lower intestine and the child grows to term normally.

caeserian section of course.

frankly, that would be the bomb! i also think a lot of the old cliches would fall such as "if men had to give birth every other time with the female, there wouldn't be more than 3 to a family." i think a lot of men would step into the breech.

also, if they could perfect the technique, it would solve a lot of problems with surrogate mothers changing their minds and keeping a baby they agreed to give up. also, if a couple wants to have a baby and the woman is infertile, it would be a great option.
1. Men do not have a period
2. Men don't have to shave anything (unless you're like a metrosexual or something)
3. Men DON'T GIVE BIRTH, thank God!!!
4. Men don't have to put layer and layers of makeup to look good
5. Men can pee standing up, and practically almost anywhere
6. Men have a p***s (hey, can't blame me for liking mine)

who has it easier? MEN...
betocvas
1. Men do not have a period
2. Men don't have to shave anything (unless you're like a metrosexual or something)
3. Men DON'T GIVE BIRTH, thank God!!!
4. Men don't have to put layer and layers of makeup to look good
5. Men can pee standing up, and practically almost anywhere
6. Men have a p***s (hey, can't blame me for liking mine)

who has it easier? MEN...

Thank you for mentioning The Period.

You try bleeding/cramping/staining your prettiest panties for a week straight and then tell me who has it easier.

Also, women are raped a lot more often. confused

And the whole pressure to be a walking twig thing. No one cares if guys are chubby. But girls feel obligated to throw up their food until they're "pretty" enough.
mena nd women both have it easier/worst.

Women:
period
cramps
menopause
give birth
emotional wrecks
not always as strong as men
PMS
..etc
-------------------------
can be emotional and not be made fun of for it
being a gay/bi is not alwasy frowned upon for women
women can hug, hold hands, and kiss and still not be percieved gay.
PMS is not always an excuse to b***h, but for some women, it can be.
arn't expected to do as hard work as men do
womens public bathrooms are cleaner, better soap and more stalls.
easy to hide when horny
...etc

Men:
have to deal with our PMS
have to deal with our complaining
deal with our emotional states
well, they have to deal with us.
if a man is gay/bi, he is rejected from society.
when horny, it's hard to hide.
if the girl doesn't want sex, you aint gettin sex.
if a girl wants sex, YOU GIVE HER SEX!.
-----------------------------------------------------------
stronger
more emotionally stable (in general)
make more money
usually taller..

hmm.. can't think of other things >.<
Meh, I'd rather be a girl. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff