Welcome to Gaia! ::

Winner

i actually like it this way. i like that there are a lot of items, so you don't have to put in the same kind of hours questing and begging and bumping to have a nice avatar. there is less focus on getting stuff, which lets more people just have fun.
i do miss the old events. i'm not sure if it's just harder to coordinate big community games with so many people, or if i'm just too old to appreciate what there is now. they seem more focused on "here are your event freebies" and less on the shared experience of an imperfect game. i have very fond memories of that super buggy water balloon fight in 2007.

In a relationship with caffeine31

Benevolent Mystic

8,300 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Saint Valentino
Yeah... when I came on there were all kinds of threads everywhere that you could really get into. This was a huge RP and social site when I came on. That was in like... 7th grade. I'm in college now and have been graduated from HS since 2011. (I'm too fecking lazy to do the math, sorry).

I only have the nice items I've got now because someone was generous once and gave me an item specifically to sell so I could get what I wanted to make my perfect avi. Back then it was about dressing up your avi, sure, but also hanging out in a cuddle thread or an RP thread and spending time developing a little story until someone had to go to bed or just stopped responding. You don't see a whole lot of that anymore.

I get on every now and then, but usually I just fiddle around with my avi items, scroll the forums looking for fun threads like what could be found here in Gaia's glory days, and then log off for another 3 to 6 months or more depending on what's going on in my life.

It is sad. I usually have to have absolutely nothing better to do to log on.

Oh I know, don't even get me started on Barton Town now. It's gotten so ridiculous. All the same roleplays, nothing simple or interesting. They either require you to give up your life, arm, and first born child to them or they never get started ever. Back in the day, roleplaying was where it was at. And you're right, back then donations used to be meaningful. Now donations aren't even a thing are they? Except when people are bored I guess or feeling nostalgic.
Speaking of donations, I don't even know the last time I saw the word "questing" in someone's signature that was also accompanied with a cute little tektek dream avi and whatnot. Now it's like, "Don8 bitches or don't w/e."

I used to like to donate 1k or two when I could after doing puzzles since I figured my own dream avi was unattainable. Seemed more like community back then.

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
crown princess serenity
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
crown princess serenity
doesnt really bother me
i got enough gold to buy what i want n i make enough money irl if i really ******** want something ill get gc but otherwise im here for the forums soooo market doesnt affect me

lol i remember gettin
this avi[/img] and feelin like hot s**t

omg dat avatar. xD Those were the days.
And no offense, but your type of thinking is part of the problem. The "I'll just throw money at it and get what I want" or "money isn't a big deal." The fact that Gaia was free wasn't because people couldn't afford to give 10$ a month to get monthly collectibles or whatever, it was because it was started as a free site even for those that got monthly collectibles, that's why the gold system even existed. It wasn't meant as a cash cow as I've said in my other posts. It was meant as a fun place to meet other people with similar interests and to get along with a common goal and struggles of fighting against the slow collection of gold to achieve the avatar we dreamed of.

bolded the part that matters
we're still doing this regardless of whether or not its a "cash cow" now or whatever.

nothing has changed with the exception of being able to buy gold which has in turn caused the inflation. the forums havent changed. lots of the same people are still here from the original days of gaia. you can still meet people who share similar interests. we all still have the common goal of "omg cute expensive item i NEEEEED" none of that has changed,

you dont have to buy gc to survive this economy. s**t sells for so much its ridiculous. i made a mule account three days ago and have almost 2b on it and all ive been doing is selling those ******** charms you get from the daily chance. i hadnt been on this acct since january and i literally had 27bil in four days. four.days. i sold so much s**t that was wasting away in my inventory. then i opened up my storage locker and GOLD MINE.

gaia literally throws gold at us now, you dont have to give in to gc to make it in this economy.

so everything you claim to be the real reasons behind gaia still remain untouched. i dont see the real issue other than "s**t is expensive"

You completely missed the point. I said that's EXACTLY the problem. That you don't have to struggle anymore really. Getting your dream avatar is simple, saving up gold is a breeze. I got to 500 million gold in a day just by selling fishing stuff on the market place. THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM. It isn't a struggle. People used to save up for over a year to get a dream avatar, and they would have that same avatar equipped for equally as long because they were proud of what they achieved. Now it's "what's my dream avatar of the week?" And avatars that looked cool were actually hard to make back in the day, you had to be creative. Now the items do the work for us basically as long as someone isn't color blind. There is no "omg cute expensive item i NEEED" or whatever, because within a few days you can get it. MAYBE a week, but that's about it. The gold system is pointless now, the avatar system is pointless as well now.

Are you guys kidding me? I got 367,793 gold right now....and I could have millions in a day right now? I am so disconnected in what's going on right now. What happened? I feel like Hitler just took over Germany again. Right now. I'm going to say right now one more time right now. Right now.

Ya I was exactly where you were at too, about 3 or 4 days ago. I got so pissed off and looked up quick ways to earn gold on Gaia on google. So I just clean out my inventory for old items that I never use, go fishing and sell everything afterwards at market standard prices, do the aquarium Booty Grab on the Aquarium Forum. You can get a mule like princess serenity said and do the daily chance for every tab, selling the items you get on the forum and trading the gold to yourself. Apparently you can hack Gaia as well. so there's that.

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
crown princess serenity

i apologize but
i dont mind not struggling
whats wrong with being able to easily obtain the stuff you want?
i have some items that earlir were literally only going to be a dream
and that makes them more special to me cause i never thought id have them but here i am, wearing them and owning them. just seeing them in my inventory makes me smile because i got them, easily or hard, i got them and THATS SWELL.

i dont see anything being pointless. but thats me,
its only gaia after all i come and go so often who knows what itll be next time

i wish theyd give the forums an update but the market is the big business now

Naw, I get you. I didn't mean it offensively, was just pointing things out. But you're one of the oldies on here, so items like that are special to you because you witnessed the struggle and all that. I'm saying, there's a fine line between things. Struggle is a good thing in that it makes things meaningful, but you don't want too much struggle as to make thing unobtainable. That's where I'm saying they've done wrong in that things are too obtainable now and the gold is meaningless, same with items. Not saying you won't like your items but it doesn't really make them important to you. For example, I will never get rid of my coco or kiki kitties because they were the first big items I bought and worked towards, and they were only a couple k back then. To us, there's that portion inside us that makes things exciting when we buy a 500 million gold item because that was unheard of before. But to people joining the site within the last couple of years, this is normal. That's why I'm saying that it is bad because the gold system doesn't mean anything to them.

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
crown princess serenity
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
crown princess serenity
doesnt really bother me
i got enough gold to buy what i want n i make enough money irl if i really ******** want something ill get gc but otherwise im here for the forums soooo market doesnt affect me

lol i remember gettin

And no offense, but your type of thinking is part of the problem. The "I'll just throw money at it and get what I want" or "money isn't a big deal." The fact that Gaia was free wasn't because people couldn't afford to give 10$ a month to get monthly collectibles or whatever, it was because it was started as a free site even for those that got monthly collectibles, that's why the gold system even existed. It wasn't meant as a cash cow as I've said in my other posts. It was meant as a fun place to meet other people with similar interests and to get along with a common goal and struggles of fighting against the slow collection of gold to achieve the avatar we dreamed of.

we're still doing this regardless of whether or not its a "cash cow" now or whatever.

nothing has changed with the exception of being able to buy gold which has in turn caused the inflation. the forums havent changed. lots of the same people are still here from the original days of gaia. you can still meet people who share similar interests. we all still have the common goal of "omg cute expensive item i NEEEEED" none of that has changed,

you dont have to buy gc to survive this economy. s**t sells for so much its ridiculous. i made a mule account three days ago and have almost 2b on it and all ive been doing is selling those ******** charms you get from the daily chance. i hadnt been on this acct since january and i literally had 27bil in four days. four.days. i sold so much s**t that was wasting away in my inventory. then i opened up my storage locker and GOLD MINE.

gaia literally throws gold at us now, you dont have to give in to gc to make it in this economy.

so everything you claim to be the real reasons behind gaia still remain untouched. i dont see the real issue other than "s**t is expensive"

I kinda want things to go so crazy and inflation just ruins it, and there's like this Gaian catastrophe that brings everything back down to zero. And we're all wearing peasant clothes again.... That would be so epic.

xD omg this. I had all my original peasant clothes until about a year ago too. Damn, I could have stocked up and become a peasant tycoon. >D

Could you imagine? People would be SO pissed.....and it would probably be very illegal and Gaia would be sued. I still want it to happen.

Omg I seriously wish I could see that though. But there are people that have sunk like $100s into this site just for Gaia Cash (which is sad to think). I mean, I don't want Gaia to disappear but it's just ridiculousness up the a** now. AND IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET RID OF SEEING THE STUPID GAIA ANNOUNCEMENTS?!! I get like 10 every time I log in.

P.S. everytime I read your hitler post, I crack up laughing. Mr. Rip Van Winkle

Tipsy Loverboy

Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
crown princess serenity

I kinda want things to go so crazy and inflation just ruins it, and there's like this Gaian catastrophe that brings everything back down to zero. And we're all wearing peasant clothes again.... That would be so epic.

xD omg this. I had all my original peasant clothes until about a year ago too. Damn, I could have stocked up and become a peasant tycoon. >D

Could you imagine? People would be SO pissed.....and it would probably be very illegal and Gaia would be sued. I still want it to happen.

Omg I seriously wish I could see that though. But there are people that have sunk like $100s into this site just for Gaia Cash (which is sad to think). I mean, I don't want Gaia to disappear but it's just ridiculousness up the a** now. AND IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET RID OF SEEING THE STUPID GAIA ANNOUNCEMENTS?!! I get like 10 every time I log in.

I hate the announcement notifications. I ******** hate them so much. The little bubble above my avatar used to be special....for when I got a PM.... They have violated that special place. I used to try to go thru the announcements to make them go away, but yeah...what is the ******** point. Do people even read them? Who the ******** actually cares that much about what's going on on Gaia? I'm actually more pissed about that than the gold inflation. That was our special space!

Tipsy Loverboy

Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
crown princess serenity
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
crown princess serenity
doesnt really bother me

lol i remember gettin

You completely missed the point. I said that's EXACTLY the problem. That you don't have to struggle anymore really. Getting your dream avatar is simple, saving up gold is a breeze. I got to 500 million gold in a day just by selling fishing stuff on the market place. THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM. It isn't a struggle. People used to save up for over a year to get a dream avatar, and they would have that same avatar equipped for equally as long because they were proud of what they achieved. Now it's "what's my dream avatar of the week?" And avatars that looked cool were actually hard to make back in the day, you had to be creative. Now the items do the work for us basically as long as someone isn't color blind. There is no "omg cute expensive item i NEEED" or whatever, because within a few days you can get it. MAYBE a week, but that's about it. The gold system is pointless now, the avatar system is pointless as well now.

Are you guys kidding me? I got 367,793 gold right now....and I could have millions in a day right now? I am so disconnected in what's going on right now. What happened? I feel like Hitler just took over Germany again. Right now. I'm going to say right now one more time right now. Right now.

Ya I was exactly where you were at too, about 3 or 4 days ago. I got so pissed off and looked up quick ways to earn gold on Gaia on google. So I just clean out my inventory for old items that I never use, go fishing and sell everything afterwards at market standard prices, do the aquarium Booty Grab on the Aquarium Forum. You can get a mule like princess serenity said and do the daily chance for every tab, selling the items you get on the forum and trading the gold to yourself. Apparently you can hack Gaia as well. so there's that.

I am. So. Lost.
I feel like a noob again...to be honest. talk2hand

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

yup gaia ******** up

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung

I hate the announcement notifications. I ******** hate them so much. The little bubble above my avatar used to be special....for when I got a PM.... They have violated that special place. I used to try to go thru the announcements to make them go away, but yeah...what is the ******** point. Do people even read them? Who the ******** actually cares that much about what's going on on Gaia? I'm actually more pissed about that than the gold inflation. That was our special space!

Omg I know, I'm like white box? PM? oh, no just 3 MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS SINCE I LOGGED IN. WTF? I used to love the announcements because they were all like "Watch this badass movie trailer and get a free item!" and I was like hell ya! Free stuff! Now it's just about us buying their s**t to further inflate the Gaia hunk of metal Gold.

Tipsy Loverboy

Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung

Omg I know, I'm like white box? PM? oh, no just 3 MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS SINCE I LOGGED IN. WTF? I used to love the announcements because they were all like "Watch this badass movie trailer and get a free item!" and I was like hell ya! Free stuff! Now it's just about us buying their s**t to further inflate the Gaia hunk of metal Gold.

Yeah I never read them. They pissed me off from day one cuz that was my special space. I hate when admins do that kind of stuff. They knew exactly what they were doing, those sick bastards.

Tipsy Loverboy

settlefish
yup gaia ******** up

I wanted to believe....

Anxious Galaxy

100% agree

Lonely Smoker

I'm too scared to check the Gaia Marketplace now...o.o haven't been on here for years lol

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung
Evil_Ramen_of_Doom
Fynn Tsung

Yeah I never read them. They pissed me off from day one cuz that was my special space. I hate when admins do that kind of stuff. They knew exactly what they were doing, those sick bastards.

EXACTLY. Wasn't there a time before that bubble was there? Wasn't it a box somewhere else back in 04 and 05?
I LITERALLY JUST GOT ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT right before I replied to this. It was announcing that you can get 1 TRILLION gold by buying their gold bundles. How can they not see that as ridiculous? just a TAD excessive.

Feral Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Perfect Exposure
I'm too scared to check the Gaia Marketplace now...o.o haven't been on here for years lol

Don't go. you will cry. I did. Several times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff