Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

On a more serious note, ignore that comic and the thread title. They're only relevant to the point I'm about to make, I honestly don't care if you think it's cute, funny or utterly pathetic.

Now, it seems to me that people have, for the last couple of months, decided it was a good idea to flood GD with threads along the lines of "am i hawt? [PICS]" "du u think im sexi? (PIX!!!)" and other related topics. What I don't understand is why.

GD is generally a pretty hostile environment, you aren't going to get a self-esteem boost out of doing it, so really anyone who has spent any time here will see that it's a fruitless activity.

Furthermore, anyone who has spent any time reading the rules here would know that any mods/helpers who see that thread are going to send it straight to the Chatterbox where it belongs.

So GD, I ask of you, what the hell do you think motivates people to do something like that? Something that has no profit for them and will at best result in them being pissed off? It can't be hope or a need for approval, because I have problems believing someone would be stupid enough to come here asking for it.
thats what i've been wondering.. the GD is the last place you want to look if you are looking for a self-esteem boost
wait kill yourself.
attention.
its that obvious.
    WHEE.

Attention. Insecurity. Trolls.

Aged Phantom

I AM T.HAWK
once again someone addressing a thread and not people, what a sad world we live in
Attention whores.
yeah whatever.
hmmmmmmmmmm
people r probly gonna flame you bad not knowing ur a mod lol
Mmm, maybe it's just me, but most of the ones I'm seeing are either jokes, misleads like this, or the occasional troll. The few who are actually what they appear to be? Well, camwhoring has been a growing trend ever since the first webcam was marketed. I'm surprised I haven't started seeing stickam links in peoples' profile syet.

Ptspyder's Wife

Attention seekers? Trolls? People who think that is the way to becomes e-famous?

No one would get anything out of it if it was reported and ignored. But instead of doing that they feel the need to post something, be it derogatory or not. People also feel the need to make threads pointing the behavior out. Which I still have yet to understand what that too accomplishes. So far all it seems to do is draw even more attention to the behavior. Be it doing it for the attention factor, or to get a rise out of those who don't appreciate it.

They're trying to become prommies?
I dunno.
They probably don't know much about the GD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff