Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, so my friend just asked me if I thought that a 14 and an 18 year old girl dating was wrong or gross, of course she says that they're in love. I don't mind my friend being with another girl, but I don't like her going out with someone who's 4 years older. When she goes to high school, her girlfriend might be in college. Then there's the hormone difference. What if her girlfriend asks her to have sex with her and if she refuses, will she go to someone else? It's not for me to decide her relationship, but what do you think?

Dapper Dabbler

My parents are like, eight years appart. I think the only reason it's made a bid deal of when people are younger is because the numbers seem smaller and farther appart, or else when you get older no one cares.

Edit: But they're not gay.
Auzrill
My parents are like, eight years appart. I think the only reason it's made a bid deal of when people are younger is because the numbers seem smaller and farther appart, or else when you get older no one cares.
Yea it does seem that way. I guess it depends on the situation becuase my 14 year old friend went out with an 18 year old and she thought it was love and we saw a pervert so finally she learned,it depends i think.
my boyfriend is 18 and i'm 15 and there isn't anything wrong with it to me. i mean i won't have sex with him cause i am not attracted to him that way. and just because someone is older doesn't mean they are more mature, because my bf acts like he is still a little 5 year old child.
^^ Thanks for your opinions, I'll tell her. I bet she'll be happy that people don't think of it as weird. The thing that worries me most is how the people in real life school will deal with them together. By the way, the both of them are "goth" and "emo". If that contributes to anything worthwile.
my friend is going out with an eighteen year old. she is thriteen. i am older. but anyways, he stalks her, and they caought him outside her window jerking off. and she thinks she is in love with him even though he raped her 4 times. she told no one but me. then i beat the s**t out of him. yea. i guess it depends.
they are not gay tho.
I think that is totally cool. In fact I am 14 and going out with a 17 year
old transsexual. You know if one girl wants to have sex and the other one doesn't then the one that doesn't should not have problems telling the other......that is if the relationship is a serious one. A lot of times a 14 year old is not far from the same hormonal level as an 18 year old because the puberty stage slows down at the age of 14. Also it isn't as bad physically to have sex with a person of the same sex as it is to have it with the other sex, but it has the same effect mentally. The only thing to worry about is the matureity level and if your relationship is serious.

Now I am just babbleing to waste time, sorry heart
theres about 2.5 yrs difference between me and my gf, but if people are mature enough to handle the difference (usually age 16+?) then it usually isnt that big a deal. unless you're like 17 and dating a 30+ person X___X;;;;
I feel like a pervert sometimes with my bf, and he's just one year younger than me sweatdrop the age gap will close... I hope...
Age doesn't determine love. If they truly love each other, the older one won't leave the younger one for someone else just because she refuses sex 3nodding
Auzrill

Edit: But they're not gay.

Normally its kind of a percentage thing, such as a 15 year old and a 20 year old, that person is 25% younger than the other, which is outrageous. But thats just how I see it, anything around or above 15% is way to much until both parties can be considered adults..
I think that age gaps in both gay and straight relationships have the same standards. The older may be trying to take advantage of the younger- that is why it's so bad. And the maturity differences figure in there a lot. It really just depends on what kind of people they are. I know two guys who are going out- One is a freshman in high school, the other is a freshman in college. You would think, "woah! They're 4 years apart!" but when they're together, it seems so natural and right. They're a cute couple. But I have witnessed many straight relationships where a guy is in his 20's and the girl is only 15, and it ended for the worse. Is it because most straight guys are fueled by their hormones? I don't know. That's open for debate.
Personally, Age does make a difference at a young age. Sure, no one makes no nevermind at a 25 year old dating a 35 year old. But, take it back ten years and it's a 15 year old with a 25 year old.

I would put my foot down there.

You know, ***** make the same argument that someone can be "mature" in their way of thinking. But the fact of the matter is that they are underage, and are physically not mature enough.

I am 18 years old, and I would NOT date anyone younger then me. Why? I'm a legal adult. And they are still children by law. That to me, is wrong. Not to say your friend isn't mature, and that her girlfriend is a pervert. No no, I don't think they are. But, she is 14. Which, is still the point.
If your friend thinks she is mature enough to date an 18 year old then let her. I mean yes she could end up hurt but being hurt is how we learn and mature. It is better that it is a gay relationship though because if it were strait and one wanted sex then the other said yes then there is the possibilty of pregnancy. Just let her. I mean support her through the whole thing. If she thinks she is mature enough then she should be mature enough to handle the consequinces.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff