Welcome to Gaia! ::

God I rule

And you're generous 1 100.0% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
< 1 2 3

[mar]
the_answer_is_spring
The Great Negrodamus
You guys need to read a book every once in a while.

your question has been answered son, now hand out the money to the first person. on the firsat page i believe
he did D:
oh ok sorry
"Whenever you feel like criticising anyone," he told Nick, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

Either a line from 'The Great Gatsby', or 'Man on the Moon'.
The Great Negrodamus
the_answer_is_spring
Nick misinterprets the advice of his father and tries not to judge people.

I just wrote a four page paper on how Nick is one of the greatest examples of literary irony ever written.

Fitzgerald was a genius.

not nearly a genius...i much prefer plath, and poe, and occasionally a bit of amy lowell
The Great Negrodamus
i think you should take his father's advice
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages you've had."
the_answer_is_spring
The Great Negrodamus
the_answer_is_spring
Nick misinterprets the advice of his father and tries not to judge people.

I just wrote a four page paper on how Nick is one of the greatest examples of literary irony ever written.

Fitzgerald was a genius.

not nearly a genius...i much prefer plath, and poe, and occasionally a bit of amy lowell

I assume you've read The Great Gatsby. There's a reason it's considered one of the best pieces of literature ever written. If not for Melville and Hawthorne, he'd be my favorite American author.
the_answer_is_spring
The Great Negrodamus
i think you should take his father's advice
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages you've had."

Which interpretation? His or Nick's?

Should I take into consideration that my upbringing is superior to most other people, or should I take into consideration that not everyone can be as great as I am?

4,250 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
"GET A JOB... b***h"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items