Welcome to Gaia! ::

Too fast?

yeeah 0.4385775862069 43.9% [ 407 ]
No 0.24784482758621 24.8% [ 230 ]
huh? oh gold! 0.3135775862069 31.4% [ 291 ]
Total Votes:[ 928 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 > >>

I think they are. not that I'm one to talk since I matured mentally (and physically -_-) rather early in life but yeah, I'd deffinitely say they are even more so now. With all the influence of the internet, tv, and other technology, it's almost like they're being forced to grow up faster.

But then again it's all in the mind set.
When I see teeny boppers walking around malls and stores showing what they DON'T got, it's disgusting. Even if they're showing what they do got, I don't want to see it. Most of the time they don't even act mature-mature. Just what they think is mature. ><
i think they do. my sis is 12 and she's really mature. might be coz shes grown up with a brother 3 years older, and me, her sister, nearly 6 years older though.
i don't know: you see these little kids walking down the streets in gangs and their all swearing and talking about drinking, parties and stuff. its just totally wierd.
i think T.V might have a big part in it. we're much less strict about whats on when and whats suitable for young kids now.
my mind has matured in a non-sexual way, its more of a wonder the deeper things in life not physical pleasure or mortal lust. some tmes when i get deep,too deep in thinking i get depressed sad
Girls are physically reaching sexual maturation earlier these days because of better nutrition in modern diets.

Psychologically, I don't think this is the case at all.
Yeah... I've always known a little too much.

But I still giggle when people say "poop!" whee
My whole grade (Yes, I am 12) is going completely nuts.
We're all either almost 12, 12 or 12 and 1/2.
Yet, almost everyone has started dating. And telling dirty jokes. And many have sex on the mind.
It's pathetic that they can't take care of their own anger about puberty and hormones and life in general so they cover it up with sick jokes and rumours.
Yes, I agree, younger adolescents are maturing MUCH more quickly than they used to.
At least at my school.
What happened to Teddy Bears and Monopoly? Now they have ruby red lipstick and truth or dare.

And yet, I feel that my best friends and I are the only ones who are actually MATURE and not influenced by all there is nowadays. The bad music, movies, books, stereotypes. All that is extremely psychologically influential.
ChibiSnakePriestess
Some people think that kids these days are maturing too quicky.

arrow Do you agree or disagree??

arrow What do you think infuences kids nowadays?

i totally agree !!! domokun

influences might come from movies, stars, music, all the media stuff.
kids act big n don't respect their elders!!! stare
orchid_elf
i think they do. my sis is 12 and she's really mature. might be coz shes grown up with a brother 3 years older, and me, her sister, nearly 6 years older though.
i don't know: you see these little kids walking down the streets in gangs and their all swearing and talking about drinking, parties and stuff. its just totally wierd.
i think T.V might have a big part in it. we're much less strict about whats on when and whats suitable for young kids now.
too true
It's a lie. Maybe a 15 year old mind. But 18? I'm sure the 12 year olds aren't capable of getting their own house and a job, supporting themselves.
.+[I've always been mature, appart from my childish moods caused by hormones (e.g. hyperness) and i have also been told i'm mature for 14, also, someone has once said to me that they forget my age by how maturely i talk to people, hehe whee ]+.

Conservative Citizen

Kids have to put up with a lot. It depends on the events of their life, and how quickly they're going to mature.

I don't think they're maturing too quickly. Just because they appear mature, doesn't mean their mind is as 'matured' as it should be.
le-cure
orchid_elf
too true

Oh, you think??

Of course TV has a big part in it. If anything the biggest. All it is is rap talking about slapping their bitches and hoes, and getting high of crack and going around shotting people because of it.
The hell?
thats true too, I blame the parents and the media. Nowadays parents don't give a $hit what their children do after school, a disturbing thought
bump heart
Mr. Incognito
Yeah, I think kids ARE maturing faster these days.

The main problem is, there's the GOOD kind of maturity, y'know, the one with the responsibility and s**t?

And then there's the more common "OMFG I WANNA HUMP ALL THA PEOPLE I KNOW LOL" kind.

Everyone experiences both to a varying degree, but lately, thanks to the wonders of media influence, the second is conquering the first.

Bad media. mad

Sex isn't maturity if it's handled bad. Then it's just sex.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff