Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friend

I don't know anything about cars other than what I've read on the internet on car-related blogs and magazines. In other words, I barely know anything sweatdrop I really want to learn, though. I love spirited, sporty driving, and I take my car to the track sometimes to improve my skills, but I'm not mechanically knowledgeable in the slightest. I pay other mechanics to take care of my ride in fear of messing anything up.

Lately I've been considering buying a crapcan and experimenting with it to learn the basics, but it live in an apartment, so I don't even have a proper garage. It's a tricky situation.

Shy Noob

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
The group of friends I hang out are all car people. I picked up most of my knowledge from them and ended up falling in love with Tuners and here I am now biggrin of course I did a lot of at home reading and learning through DIY guides on my car forums biggrin
Mostly online, there are tons of resources on DIY stuff that you can do with your car. All you need is a suitable place to establish as a garage. If you have a fairly common car and/or a performance car (STi, Evolutions, Mustangs etc) There are dedicated forums ranging from regular maintenance to modifications to building up a race car.
Forum dedicated to my car and google so far.
I live in a area that no one knows how to fix my car should anything happen to it (and something did go figure). So my only options were to let a shop that didn't know ANYTHING about my car tinker around and charge extreme amounts of money to do such since they charge per hour or do it myself and save a ton of money and know how to fix my own car later down the road.

I have my own garage I just lacked the tools. Husband loves to play with cars too so we were going to have to build a tool collection at some point so I started it sooner rather than later.
internet and Gran Turismo xp

Kawaii Noob

My dad owns a repair shop
and I've been around cars my whole life
and when i was 14 I started working on them
and yeah

also the internet helps with some stuff i wouldnt otherwise know
mostly nastyz28

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff