Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
What was your first vechicle you got.Where did you get it,When did you get it,How much did you pay for it,Do you still have it

mine was a 94 Dodge Dakota,i bought it 2 years ago for 1,300 from a guy down the road from me,i still have it and it runs like a champ, ive put a brush guard on it and recently painted the rims

Dapper Autobiographer

My first car was a 2000 Mercury Mystique. It has not stopped having problems but I believe it was because I bought it around the 100k mile mark. We (note, not me) bought it form my mom's boss for like $1k. The timing belt went out, radiator went out, engine head almost cracked numerous times, we have gone through SO MANY THERMOSTATS, alternator went out, battery went out TWICE, all of my tires have popped at least once. The only modifications I've given it were some 7-color LED bars on the interior that I don't use. At one time, I had a $300 Underglow kit from LEDglow. Yes, I put underglow on a grandmaw car, fight me.

I think that once we buy a new battery, it should be running like new, for about 30k more miles, haha.

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Slidan Maten
My first car was a 2000 Mercury Mystique. It has not stopped having problems but I believe it was because I bought it around the 100k mile mark. We (note, not me) bought it form my mom's boss for like $1k. The timing belt went out, radiator went out, engine head almost cracked numerous times, we have gone through SO MANY THERMOSTATS, alternator went out, battery went out TWICE, all of my tires have popped at least once. The only modifications I've given it were some 7-color LED bars on the interior that I don't use. At one time, I had a $300 Underglow kit from LEDglow. Yes, I put underglow on a grandmaw car, fight me.

I think that once we buy a new battery, it should be running like new, for about 30k more miles, haha.
Damn do think it has bad wiring for it to be doin all of that,and i like that LED underglow you got on your grandmas car

Dapper Autobiographer

Saints Knight_X
Slidan Maten

No! Not my grandmas car, A grandma car. The wiring is fine, it was just mechanical issues.

I think that once we buy a new battery, it should be running like new, for about 30k more miles, haha.Damn do think it has bad wiring for it to be doin all of that,and i like that LED underglow you got on your grandmas car

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Slidan Maten
Saints Knight_X
Slidan Maten

No! Not my grandmas car, A grandma car. The wiring is fine, it was just mechanical issues.

Damn do think it has bad wiring for it to be doin all of that,and i like that LED underglow you got on your grandmas carOh lol sorry i misunderstood you,its still looks good thoe

Dapper Autobiographer

Haha yeah. I still have them, just not on my car. They're a real hassle. I either want a prelude or an accors next, but whichever I get I think I'll put them on that car. Note, if you ever plan on buying some, just go for a simple 1-color $80 set, because yes it's cool to have all kinds of animations but in reality all I ever used was one color at a time. Also, the white was terrible, it just looked like aqua.

Oh I forgot, I also had a string of 5050rgb leds under my hood, shining out of the cracks. I have pictures somewhere...

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Slidan Maten

How does a head almost crack?
Also, have you thought that maybe you should buy a failsafe thermostat? and that you could possibly have a clog in your cooling system?

Also, first car was a blue Talon

Conservative Streaker

I had an '03 Grand Am, my Dad gave it to me when I was in college, and it was all paid off. I traded it about 6 months ago for a '11 Dodge Charger because my Dad died (he was a mechanic) when the Grand Am started to have a lot of problems (security system went out causing the car to not start, windshield was cracked and seals were coming off, needed new tires... I could write a book about all the love it needed lol). I kind of miss the Grand am, it went through a lot of road trips and I learned a lot about cars through fixing her up. sad

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Foxy-Muffin
I had an '03 Grand Am, my Dad gave it to me when I was in college, and it was all paid off. I traded it about 6 months ago for a '11 Dodge Charger because my Dad died (he was a mechanic) when the Grand Am started to have a lot of problems (security system went out causing the car to not start, windshield was cracked and seals were coming off, needed new tires... I could write a book about all the love it needed lol). I kind of miss the Grand am, it went through a lot of road trips and I learned a lot about cars through fixing her up. sad
Im sorry to hear about your dad,is there a v6 or a v8 in your charger?

Conservative Streaker

Saints Knight_X
Foxy-Muffin

It's a v6. v8 was kind of unnecessary for me cause I drive it to work everyday lol.
I was considering on getting an avenger and the salesperson was like "oh you should get a 4 cylinder cause it's comparable to how much power your v6 Grand Am has..." and of course when I test drove it, my old car had way more power and she didn't know what she was talking about..
95 dodge Dakota with 120+ on it. My dad sold it to me for 5000. Cheap a** lol but really was a great and fun little truck. Wish I still had it the chicks love the truck.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Foxy-Muffin
Saints Knight_X
Foxy-Muffin

It's a v6. v8 was kind of unnecessary for me cause I drive it to work everyday lol.
I was considering on getting an avenger and the salesperson was like "oh you should get a 4 cylinder cause it's comparable to how much power your v6 Grand Am has..." and of course when I test drove it, my old car had way more power and she didn't know what she was talking about..

Interesting lil fact, because of the cylinder deactivation on the V8 Charger, the fuel economy between the V6 and V8 arent really that huge of a difference it's honestly like 2mpg, which is more than enough to be made up for with simple driving technique
You coulda had a fun drive to work, shoulda got the V8!

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
Foxy-Muffin
Saints Knight_X
Foxy-Muffin

probally the Avenger wasnt selling all that great so she tried to talk you into getting it,glad you came in with your guns loaded and got the charger instead,does it really get 31mpg

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
theothermanoverthere
95 dodge Dakota with 120+ on it. My dad sold it to me for 5000. Cheap a** lol but really was a great and fun little truck. Wish I still had it the chicks love the truck.
was yours a automatic or stick shift,and what are you drivin now?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff