Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Elder

13,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
midnitevil
Cell phone charger, aux cable, ice scraper, rubber mats, collapsible waste bin, air freshener, napkins.

Have a recommended collapsible waste bin? I've been looking at them on Amazon and they all seem to get bad reviews. Too small, cheap material, etc.

Still need to grab an ice scraper, but being summer with ~80º weather every day, I'm in no rush right now. Will get gone before snow starts falling though!

Napkins I can grab a handful from the next restaurant I go to, but I know they hate that...

Cultist

Cruciarius
midnitevil
Cell phone charger, aux cable, ice scraper, rubber mats, collapsible waste bin, air freshener, napkins.

Have a recommended collapsible waste bin? I've been looking at them on Amazon and they all seem to get bad reviews. Too small, cheap material, etc.

Still need to grab an ice scraper, but being summer with ~80º weather every day, I'm in no rush right now. Will get gone before snow starts falling though!

Napkins I can grab a handful from the next restaurant I go to, but I know they hate that...

I've been using the same one for like... 6 years now. It's a cheap one I bought from Autozone, forget what brand. The spring is coming off at the bottom, but that helps in that I slip it under the passenger side mat and it keeps it in place, instead of using the velcro strips it came with. Napkins, eh... fast food places tend to give too many napkins in drive thrus so there's where I get mine. oh yeah! I also have a thule organizer in the trunk where I keep the ice scraper, jumper wires and a few other things. Definitely recommend that too.
Cruciarius
Road flares, maybe.
Car came with a spare + a jack.
Still need to grab jumper cables.
Four way is a good idea.
A gun? I'm not going hunting. >.>

It's not for hunting.
Cruciarius
I understand the uses of a gun, but I don't live in a bad neighborhood. Granted their could always be that chance, I'd rather have that knife I linked above than a gun. A gun is much easier to deliver a fatal wound by accident. I'm not wanting to hurt someone, although I would protect myself and family/friends I'm with, if needed... just not with a gun.

protecting yourself with a knife is a good way to get stabbed with your own knife. you shoot somebody they can't exactly throw the bullet back at you.

plus, it will break windows quicker than any hammer, and signal everybody to your presense if stranded.

seriously though, road flares.
Ever since I got one, a Wink mirror.. User Image

I LOVE being able to see EVERYTHING behind me.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I always have:

air fresheners
gum
pen
emergency kit
toilet paper
a jack
SPARE TIRE

I dunno can't think of anything else.

Oh.. make sure you get CAA or AAA.. whatever you have in your area.

Mega Mage

Cruciarius
So I recently got my 1st car and was wondering what are some "must have" accessories you don't think you could do without and/or highly recommend I look into?

The obvious ones I can think of would be an ice scraper and emergency medical kit. Another might be a car charger (if your car doesn't have USB ports by default).

Spinning rims. cool Go ahead. Be the most gangsta' kid on the block!

Original Regular

A clutch pedal.

Invisible Elder

13,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
twiggimmapiggus
Cruciarius
So I recently got my 1st car and was wondering what are some "must have" accessories you don't think you could do without and/or highly recommend I look into?

The obvious ones I can think of would be an ice scraper and emergency medical kit. Another might be a car charger (if your car doesn't have USB ports by default).

Spinning rims. cool Go ahead. Be the most gangsta' kid on the block!

I'd prefer not making myself look dumber than I already do. xD

Brother Kam
A clutch pedal.

Would be useless for an automatic.

Mega Mage

Aww you don't want to look like my homie going down the street? ;D

Silliness aside, I find that having a rechargeable flashlight is a must in the car. I hate needing a flashlight and not having one, or having a flashlight only for the batteries to be dead. >.<

Invisible Elder

13,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
twiggimmapiggus

Silliness aside, I find that having a rechargeable flashlight is a must in the car. I hate needing a flashlight and not having one, or having a flashlight only for the batteries to be dead. >.<

A few years ago I had a flashlight with a crank on it, which would fold into the flashlight, when not being cranked. Was a small-ish flashlight that you'd crank up and it'd hold a charge for a while. After a couple months though it stopped holding a charge and pretty much would only turn on while being cranked. Made it rather annoying, but the idea of it was ideal. No batteries and no needing to put it on a charger of any kind.

I do have a small USB flashlight, which is pretty awesome. I leave it connected to my computer almost 24/7, other than the occasional storm that might risk a power outage, which I then carry it with me around the apartment. Suppose I could just bring that with me when I go out.

Is that USB one something you had in mind or do you have a recommended kind?

Mega Mage

Cruciarius
twiggimmapiggus

A few years ago I had a flashlight with a crank on it, which would fold into the flashlight, when not being cranked. Was a small-ish flashlight that you'd crank up and it'd hold a charge for a while. After a couple months though it stopped holding a charge and pretty much would only turn on while being cranked. Made it rather annoying, but the idea of it was ideal. No batteries and no needing to put it on a charger of any kind.

I do have a small USB flashlight, which is pretty awesome. I leave it connected to my computer almost 24/7, other than the occasional storm that might risk a power outage, which I then carry it with me around the apartment. Suppose I could just bring that with me when I go out.

Is that USB one something you had in mind or do you have a recommended kind?

A usb flashlight sounds way cooler than the one I have. Mine is one you shake for about 2-3 minutes (Vigorously). The friction creates the charge, and while it's nice in an emergency, I think the USB one you have is more ideal. Mine is cool and all, but the light is dim, and if you need it for a long time you have to continuously shake it.
Now that I think about it, though, a battery operated flashlight is more reliable as long as you remember to periodically change the batteries (like, once a year. I'm sure batteries that aren't used stay good for a very long time.)
cruise control

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces