Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lol good stuff. Yes lets please keep this about turbocharging NA's. Doesn't necessarily have to be about turbo NA RB's either. Like i said i dont know much about turbocharged engines. I did just buy a book from Corky Bell off of amazon describing turbo's pretty good so far.
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
That as something to do with hellafush bull s**t don't it? Iv seen the BMW before with its fake bbs snowflake rimsAnd over done stance s**t. Thay took a great car and made it suck in every way that the car was good from factory.

What are you babbling on about again? You're saying you're incredibly uneducated, close-minded and ignorant? Cool.

Oh, and btw, they're SSR Formula Mesh. Not fake BBS snowflake "rims."

Looks like yet again you've missed the point of my post, and targeted my posts for your ridiculous hate and you're going to manage to derail yet another thread in the Garage. When are you going to learn to shut your mouth? wink
When are you going to stop caring so much what I think. That aside they look a lot like this. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. But again yea Im not in to stance works or what ever so no idk what that plate means.
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
That as something to do with hellafush bull s**t don't it? Iv seen the BMW before with its fake bbs snowflake rimsAnd over done stance s**t. Thay took a great car and made it suck in every way that the car was good from factory.

What are you babbling on about again? You're saying you're incredibly uneducated, close-minded and ignorant? Cool.

Looks like yet again you've missed the point of my post, and targeted my posts for your ridiculous hate and you're going to manage to derail yet another thread in the Garage. When are you going to learn to shut your mouth? wink
When are you going to stop caring so much what I think. That aside they look a lot like this. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. But again yea Im not in to stance works or what ever so no idk what that plate means.

I really don't care what you think. You're the one that seems to like starting s**t with me, because of your blind hatred for "Stance". You even went as far as to go off on me when I mentioned Stance Coilovers, which has nothing to do with the "stance", "hellaflush", or anything like that. They're just a brand of really good coilovers. But, you couldn't see that, you just like to hate blindly. You do it in every thread you see me post in. wink

Btw, SSR Formula Mesh look nothing like BBS RS wheels. That oversight just goes to show that you really have no eye for detail; a personal flaw of yours that Crimmy and I uncovered many ages ago, back when you were on some other account before you were banned. dramallama

Oh, and those plates have nothing to do with stance either. In case you couldn't read, they say FPURISTS. To put it bluntly, [******** purists.

DielManar
Lol good stuff. Yes lets please keep this about turbocharging NA's. Doesn't necessarily have to be about turbo NA RB's either. Like i said i dont know much about turbocharged engines. I did just buy a book from Corky Bell off of amazon describing turbo's pretty good so far.

Go to the Turbo by Garrett website, and go to Turbo tech. Underneath that section is a lot of knowledge about turbos. The knowledge-base ranges from Basic terminology to Expert tech. Knock yourself out.
Thanks time to go learn me something.
DielManar

Glad to be of service. Let me know when you start turboing your IS too. I'd really be interested in seeing that happen. You should add me. wink
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere

I really don't care what you think. You're the one that seems to like starting s**t with me, because of your blind hatred for "Stance". You even went as far as to go off on me when I mentioned Stance Coilovers, which has nothing to do with the "stance", "hellaflush", or anything like that. They're just a brand of really good coilovers. But, you couldn't see that, you just like to hate blindly. You do it in every thread you see me post in. wink

Btw, SSR Formula Mesh look nothing like BBS RS wheels. That oversight just goes to show that you really have no eye for detail; a personal flaw of yours that Crimmy and I uncovered many ages ago, back when you were on some other account before you were banned. dramallama

Oh, and those plates have nothing to do with stance either. In case you couldn't read, they say FPURISTS. To put it bluntly, [******** purists.

DielManar

Go to the Turbo by Garrett website, and go to Turbo tech. Underneath that section is a lot of knowledge about turbos. The knowledge-base ranges from Basic terminology to Expert tech. Knock yourself out.
I still have the othe account I just never use it anymore got bord with it. If you don't believe me Ill jump on it for you. They added some to it good for them. But idc about this bull s**t with you. So it's a tags for hating on people that like cars done back factory? Wow you want me to not bag on you but you post this s**t. I never seen anyone say that before now.

Now for the question I ask what would be the point of a 1jz in a skyline? The RB engine is better IMO.
Chron0s
DielManar

Glad to be of service. Let me know when you start turboing your IS too. I'd really be interested in seeing that happen. You should add me. wink

Sure thing should be this coming DEC when i get my car and everything. Prob gonna ship the 3S-GE to my friend back in the states for his AE86.
Don't you think car culture would be incredibly boring if everyone went around trying to keep things factory? Honestly, I have no qualms about people keeping things factory. But, when people go out of their way to belittle those that don't keep it factory or in the "family" (IE: keep it toyota, keep it nissan, etc), then it really pushes my buttons. Sadly, a lot of purists do exactly what I just said. Thus, I've come to simply reject purism, because the people who back this school of thinking sicken me.

You said it yourself. In your opinion. In what way is it better? Please elaborate. I'll tell you exactly why I prefer the 1JZ over say an RB25.

First of all, the 1JZ is cheaper. Much cheaper. An RB25 will probably set you back about 2-3grand depending on where or who you get it from, I'm sure J can correct me later, but that's about the price, iirc right of the top of my head. The 1JZ however, can be found for 1-2 grand. Saving you money, very important aspect when it comes to a home built application.

Secondly, the 1JZ responds better to big single turbo setups and will give you more torque. JZs are very torquey engines. the 1JZ will usually produce just as much torque as the torque monster 2JZ, it just produces it at a more manageable part of the powerband.

Third, sound. This is strictly subjective and based on no factual evidence. I simply enjoy a JZ's sound far more than I do an RB's. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

When you elevate the competition to an RB26 vs a 2JZ, the odds become even more stacked. When asked about his 1000hp RB26 swapped Mk4 Supra, the owner of Top Secret, a very popular tuning company in Japan, said that he chose the RB26 because it was a more manageable engine for the street; that a 2JZ's low rpm torque at 1000hp would be too intimidating for street use. wink

DielManar
Chron0s
DielManar

Sure thing should be this coming DEC when i get my car and everything. Prob gonna ship the 3S-GE to my friend back in the states for his AE86.

Should be fun for the both of you, and thank you for your service, btw. I don't think I ever said that.
Yea most of my engine taste go towards sound which is why i love Rota's.

I am tempted to keep it NA just cuz im a big fan of throttle response, but the 210 stock PS i get from that engine just wont do for the stuff i plan on getting into out there in Misawa.
Chron0s
Don't you think car culture would be incredibly boring if everyone went around trying to keep things factory? Honestly, I have no qualms about people keeping things factory. But, when people go out of their way to belittle those that don't keep it factory or in the "family" (IE: keep it toyota, keep it nissan, etc), then it really pushes my buttons. Sadly, a lot of purists do exactly what I just said. Thus, I've come to simply reject purism, because the people who back this school of thinking sicken me.

You said it yourself. In your opinion. In what way is it better? Please elaborate. I'll tell you exactly why I prefer the 1JZ over say an RB25.

First of all, the 1JZ is cheaper. Much cheaper. An RB25 will probably set you back about 2-3grand depending on where or who you get it from, I'm sure J can correct me later, but that's about the price, iirc right of the top of my head. The 1JZ however, can be found for 1-2 grand. Saving you money, very important aspect when it comes to a home built application.

Secondly, the 1JZ responds better to big single turbo setups and will give you more torque. JZs are very torquey engines. the 1JZ will usually produce just as much torque as the torque monster 2JZ, it just produces it at a more manageable part of the powerband.

Third, sound. This is strictly subjective and based on no factual evidence. I simply enjoy a JZ's sound far more than I do an RB's. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

When you elevate the competition to an RB26 vs a 2JZ, the odds become even more stacked. When asked about his 1000hp RB26 swapped Mk4 Supra, the owner of Top Secret, a very popular tuning company in Japan, said that he chose the RB26 because it was a more manageable engine for the street; that a 2JZ's low rpm torque at 1000hp would be too intimidating for street use. wink

DielManar
Chron0s
DielManar

Should be fun for the both of you, and thank you for your service, btw. I don't think I ever said that.
He for one is in Japan so the engine want but as costly there I think one guy here said a few 100. Cost is diff there. But from what I have seen the RBs are more realieble when boosted and responsevness can be tuned in better. I like RB sound better. Also from what I have seen RBs are stronger engine for the long run. Now I will admit I don't know a lot about ijz not really messed with them much. And don't insult me I know who top secret is.
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s

DielManar
Chron0s
DielManar

He for one is in Japan so the engine want but as costly there I think one guy here said a few 100. Cost is diff there. But from what I have seen the RBs are more realieble when boosted and responsevness can be tuned in better. I like RB sound better. Also from what I have seen RBs are stronger engine for the long run. Now I will admit I don't know a lot about ijz not really messed with them much. And don't insult me I know who top secret is.

RBs are far less reliable than JZs. Ask J-D4SH. He's owned his RB26 powered R32 GT-R for, I believe nearly a decade now? That thing is a money drain. 2JZs on the other hand are known to run 700rwhp reliably on the stock GTE block.

Very true, RBs are the way to go if what you want is responsiveness. They will respond much better to a driver that has a twinkletoes and likes their minute throttle inputs. JZs are powerhouse motors designed to deliver power like a sledgehammer. The 1JZ is a more responsive engine than the 2JZ but far behind an RB in terms of responsiveness.

You need to stop getting so ******** butthurt. No one is insulting you so stop taking things personally. rolleyes
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s

DielManar
Chron0s
DielManar

RBs are far less reliable than JZs. Ask J-D4SH. He's owned his RB26 powered R32 GT-R for, I believe nearly a decade now? That thing is a money drain. 2JZs on the other hand are known to run 700rwhp reliably on the stock GTE block.

Very true, RBs are the way to go if what you want is responsiveness. They will respond much better to a driver that has a twinkletoes and likes their minute throttle inputs. JZs are powerhouse motors designed to deliver power like a sledgehammer. The 1JZ is a more responsive engine than the 2JZ but far behind an RB in terms of responsiveness.

You need to stop getting so ******** butthurt. No one is insulting you so stop taking things personally. rolleyes
rolleyes whatever dude. The resell on jz'd skyline want be nerve as good ether.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Is it just me or is everyone forgetting something.

If smokey nagata won't even use a 2jz in a supra, then why is this discussion even going on?
Not sure seems they like each other.

Also on the other hand about reselling cars. Cars are prob one of the worst investments you can make as far as resell value. Unless you got a contact say from Japan bought the car from there for about 4,000USD then resold it to some retard in America for 12,000USD. One reason i don't wanna got back to America.

Any way also off topic.
DielManar
Not sure seems they like each other.

Also on the other hand about reselling cars. Cars are prob one of the worst investments you can make as far as resell value. Unless you got a contact say from Japan bought the car from there for about 4,000USD then resold it to some retard in America for 12,000USD. One reason i don't wanna got back to America.

Any way also off topic.
well if you can get the car here cheap yea you can but that car is a legend in the car world really so that makes it worth more to the right people. With the engine being the RB its worth more in the and short run. So you can get more out of it now and later. but yea most car are not a good investment but if you do it right get it cheap and keep it up right time will help you not hurt you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff